PDA

View Full Version : Please Pray For Jabs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

JDUBBS1280
01-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Minnesota High School hockey player Jack Jablonski (aka Jabs) was paralyzed after getting checked from behind in a holiday tournament game. Please, send him and his family your thoughts and prayers.

http://youtu.be/2aHFJofXzek

Here is a link to his Carebridge website if you would like to leave some words of encouragement for Jack and his family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackjablonski

jjmc85
01-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for sharing. I'll be praying for him.

MadCityRich
01-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Done and done. Thanks for the link.

JDUBBS1280
01-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks guys :)

du78
01-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Update from Jack's parents last night on the CaringBridge site. Keep him in your prayers as he faces a long road ahead of him.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4, 2012 10:21 PM, CST
Never Give Up

It is with a heavy heart that we write this entry tonight. Jack's surgery today to fuse his vertebrae was a success, but it also confirmed that his injury was horrific.

Jack has limited mobility and no movement in his lower body. As we feared, he will not be able to walk or skate. This news is devastating to Jack and everyone who loves him. Our hope and dream is that he will be able to prove this prognosis wrong.

Our priority is to help Jack accept and transition into his new life, a life that we did not plan, but one that we have to embrace. We have a mountain to climb, but with your support, we know that Jack's youth, strength and determination will help him make remarkable strides.

It's been a difficult day, but now we know what lies ahead. Words cannot express our gratitude for the global support that Jack has received. Keep your thoughts and prayers coming.

JDUBBS1280
01-05-2012, 10:37 AM
Thanks for posting this update DU.

northeastern
01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Ugh.. very unfortunate.
Wish him & his family the best. May god give them the strength to get through this.
To his parents.. keep as upbeat as possible. Enjoy your son & create new positive memories for him in the years ahead.

We live in a time where this does not have to be as debilitating. Treat it as a new beginning for him & make the most of it
This is a huge challenge thrown your way.. with support he can overcome & thrive, touching many through it all.

JDUBBS1280
01-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Ugh.. very unfortunate.
Wish him & his family the best. May god give them the strength to get through this.
To his parents.. keep as upbeat as possible. Enjoy your son & create new positive memories for him in the years ahead.

We live in a time where this does not have to be as debilitating. Treat it as a new beginning for him & make the most of it
This is a huge challenge thrown your way.. with support he can overcome & thrive, touching many through it all.

Very well said :)

johnnypohlfan
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
"Never going to be able to walk again" is a prognosis that has been beaten before. From everything I've read about this kid, he stands as good a chance as anyone of proving the doctors wrong, if that's the route he decides to go.

Regardless, my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Its amazing to see the hockey community come together to show their support like they have. I don't know of any other sport where the reaction would even be similar. Facebook, Twitter, TV, every place you look there is an incredible outpouring of support for him and his family. Its truly amazing. Be strong and overcome, Jabs!

JDUBBS1280
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Its amazing to see the hockey community come together to show their support like they have. I don't know of any other sport where the reaction would even be similar. Facebook, Twitter, TV, every place you look there is an incredible outpouring of support for him and his family. Its truly amazing. Be strong and overcome, Jabs!

That's what makes the hockey community so special. We might squabble, but we are a close-knit community and we look after our own. Jack has had tons of players (NHL, College, High School, and International) reach out to him. Students in high schools all over the country wore white today in a "white out" show of solidarity (saw pictures from Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, and Colorado already). Simply amazing :)

scsutommyboy
01-05-2012, 02:51 PM
That's what makes the hockey community so special. We might squabble, but we are a close-knit community and we look after our own. Jack has had tons of players (NHL, College, High School, and International) reach out to him. Students in high schools all over the country wore white today in a "white out" show of solidarity (saw pictures from Minnesota, Michigan, Missouri, and Colorado already). Simply amazing :)

My wife heard this one time and when she told me I just smiled because it is true. I am not sure who originally said it.

" A lot of kids play soccer, basketball and football, but families play hockey"........

UMLFan
01-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Here's hoping the best for the young man, his family and friends as well, since everyone around him is affected by this sadly.

JDUBBS1280
01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
" A lot of kids play soccer, basketball and football, but families play hockey"........

So true.

JDUBBS1280
01-05-2012, 03:18 PM
“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich, on Jablobski: "It's going to take a miracle. ... Hopefully he's going to prove me wrong." #jabs”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich said Jablonski's spirits are "as good as can be expected. ... He's a terrific kid." #jabs”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Galicich said they don't expect #jabs to get much function back. Regaining function in his arms an hands will be "very unlikely."”

“@FSNtylermason: Dr. Walter Galicich shows where Jack Jablonski's injury occurred on the spine: pic.twitter.com/54bMxL24"

ScoobyDoo
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
No arms or hands either? :(

Prove em wrong kid. Prove em wrong.

Hockey111
01-05-2012, 03:30 PM
He's in our prayers.

Minnesota High School hockey player Jack Jablonski (aka Jabs) was paralyzed after getting checked from behind in a holiday tournament game. Please, send him and his family your thoughts and prayers.

http://youtu.be/2aHFJofXzek

Here is a link to his Carebridge website if you would like to leave some words of encouragement for Jack and his family.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jackjablonski

drewcu
01-05-2012, 04:44 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Please Lord give them the strength they need.
Godspeed!

REDaero91
01-05-2012, 08:39 PM
So, so sad. If anyone can overcome such a prognosis though, it will be Jack, what with his hockey player determination and toughness, and the entire hockey community praying for him and willing him better.

Dmann
01-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I guess this puts a lot of things into perspective. Hang tough Jack, lots of good vibes coming to you from Maine!!

Everyone hug their kids today!!

JDUBBS1280
01-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Everyone hug their kids today!!

Exactly what went through my mind.