MTU v MTU 1/7 Intrasquad / PR / Food Bank Game in Historic Calumet, MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTU v MTU 1/7 Intrasquad / PR / Food Bank Game in Historic Calumet, MI

Call me crazy, but I'm picking Tech to get a win this Saturday.
    Discuss...
    Ryan J

Mel Guarantees Win this Week.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: MTU v MTU 1/7 Intrasquad / PR / Food Bank Game in Historic Calumet, MI

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Call me crazy, but I'm picking Tech to get a win this Saturday.
    Discuss...
    Ryan J

Mel Guarantees Win this Week.
    call me pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure Tech will also take a loss this weekend.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

What if they tie?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        What if they tie?
        The alumni did a couple summers ago. Twitch's comment, "Brilliant - Michigan Tech can't even win a game against themselves."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          The alumni did a couple summers ago. Twitch's comment, "Brilliant - Michigan Tech can't even win a game against themselves."
          Yeah they pretty much try to make sure the game, the one time third string goalie put on a show and was having a hard time letting one sneak by.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Didn't John Scott get a minor penalty for "being too tall"?

This scrimmage will be considerably more serious.

Comment

Yeah, I know. Didn't John Scott get a minor penalty for "being too tall"?

This scrimmage will be considerably more serious.
              Pretty sure he did.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Sure enough, Tech can't even score on themselves. After just a half season with the team, Kero and B. Pietila have mastered the fine art of taking wide open shots a foot over the crossbar. blah.
                The Gold team (Olson, Baker, Gordic, and very spirited play from Hietala, A. Pietila, Rix) dominated play for long stretches of the first half, which finished 1-1. I think both those were PP goals, Sweeney, B. Pietila and Hietala showed a high level of competition (sounds nicer than "hacks") and a few penalties were called. Everyone on the team had trouble finishing plays.
                Black had a lot of chances in the second half, but see above. They did manage to score again, then Gold pulled goalie and finally pounded one in to tie with 2.4 seconds left with about 6 guys in the crease and the net sitting approx. 1.5 feet back of the moorings. It seemed.

Furne (Black) the only player to score in 3-3 shootout. Genoe (Black) played both halves, while the other two shared duties... Genoe actually played really well, some dazzling saves.

Again, a very competitive (hard hitting) scrimmage like the practices were reported to be early in the year. Fun for the fans though.

Rink at about 50% capacity, disappointed in the turnout.

It filled right up for the Brighton game, which was pretty much even until mid 2nd, Brighton leading 2-1 and took a terrible call for retaliating against a blatant hit from behind by the Calumet player. Brighton skater (retaliator) ejected, teammates then took a lot of frustration penalties, Cal with 3 or 4 straight PP goals.
                Brighton not able to capitalize on 2 shaky makeup call PPs early in 3rd, Cal scores again after killing them off, and runs away to win 7-3. Big win for these guys, the day after beating the defending state champs (Novi) in OT.
                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

No surprise on the crowd. They will have to win consistently to rebuild the "local" part of the fanbase.

Comment

No surprise on the crowd. They will have to win consistently to rebuild the "local" part of the fanbase.
                    It's still good to see the outreach, give Mel a few years. Season's only half over and I'm still more than happy with everything beside GLI. But even GLI was competitive, that's been missing for a few years...
                    MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                    X