Referee jobs going forward in the 3 western conferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referee jobs going forward in the 3 western conferences

As we all know with the addition of two brand new hockey conferences referee jobs will be in play. From what I have been told since the WCHA is not a brand new conference they are the only hockey conference in the west not looking for new refs. With expansion of the WCHA on the horizon the CCHA refs will likely apply in order to help referee in the expanded WCHA. Here are some referee predictions going forward, the WCHA and the National conference or whatever it is called will likely be sharing the same referees to help lower the cost. Since, the Big Ten is also new they likely will hire the perceived best refs regardless of where they are were located and will have the highest pay scale. Regardless of the league we will still see bad refs in all three western conferences.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Re: Referee jobs going forward in the 3 western conferences

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    As we all know with the addition of two brand new hockey conferences referee jobs will be in play. From what I have been told since the WCHA is not a brand new conference they are the only hockey conference in the west not looking for new refs. With expansion of the WCHA on the horizon the CCHA refs will likely apply in order to help referee in the expanded WCHA. Here are some referee predictions going forward, the WCHA and the National conference or whatever it is called will likely be sharing the same referees to help lower the cost. Since, the Big Ten is also new they likely will hire the perceived best refs regardless of where they are were located and will have the highest pay scale. Regardless of the league we will still see bad refs in all three western conferences.
    Are they interested in some ECAC refs?

Comment

A new conference – a chance to dump Todd Anderson.

Comment

Shotty Shegos.

Comment

The nacho's get Don Adam.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Dibs on Tony Czech.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

It is going to be a while before we find out who goes where. The NCHC has many hirings and steps to finalize before they get to hire some refs.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                Shotty Shegos.
                Kind of hard to hire him away from the CCHA since he retired at the end of last season.
                Cindy

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
                Courage to change the things I can,
                And wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Third Family Member View Post
                  Kind of hard to hire him away from the CCHA since he retired at the end of last season.
                  At least from what I heard he didn't "retire", but is "taking a year off". I do miss him so.

Comment

Expanded WCHA? They are going from 12 teams to 9. What would make the most sense, which is why it would never happen, is for the referees to all operate out of one pool for the B10, WCHA and NCHC and be scheduled by one individual.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Is Piotrowski still out there? The Gophers haven't had too much trouble with him.
                      the state of hockey is good

Comment

I expect that they'll copy what the Big Ten already does in men's basketball, which is operating a consortium with the MAC and Summit leagues, and just pay more so they get first pick of the batches.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/sports...5144438?page=0
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          I expect that they'll copy what the Big Ten already does in men's basketball, which is operating a consortium with the MAC and Summit leagues, and just pay more so they get first pick of the batches.

http://www.recordpub.com/news/sports...5144438?page=0
                          Maybe the days of witnessing awful Big Ten refs will be gone? Ha.
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                          X