X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek's D3 Predictions

I think these usually get their own thread...so here goes

20 Predictions

1. Gustavus Adolphus finishes regular season unbeaten.

2. St. Scholastica freshman Nina Waidacher leads nation in points at end of regular season.

3. RIT announces they are going to Division I next year before the end of the season.

4. Amherst sweeps River Falls and St. Thomas on western road trip.

5. Norwich finishes unbeaten in ECAC East play for second straight year.

6. Julie Fortier, Kourtney Kunichika, Allie Schwab, Kim Herring and Geneva Lloyd are the five Hurd Award finalists.

7. Norwich’s Julie Fortier wins Laura Hurd Award.

8. Gustavus Adolphus’ senior goalie Danielle Justice leads nation in shutouts.

9. RIT’s Kolbee McCrea leads nation in goals.

10. Two more schools announce they are adding D-III women’s hockey before end of the season (Franklin Pierce and Stevenson have already announced).

11. RIT loses two games this season (playoffs and NCAA’s included). One to Elmira and one to Plattsburgh.

12. Manhattanville makes ECAC East finals.

13. One of River Falls, Middlebury, or RIT doesn’t make their conference championship.

14. St. Scholastica makes NCHA finals.

15. Castleton makes ECAC East final four.

16. Elmira wins ECAC West Tournament.

17. Amherst wins NESCAC Tournament.

18. RIT, Norwich, Amherst, River Falls make the Frozen Four.

19. RIT hosts the Frozen Four

20. RIT wins National Championship

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/womens-d3-blog/...#ixzz1iQVjYmRK
    Alot of these seem kinda lame, easy to predict...not so bold.
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: Derek's D3 Predictions

1. Gustavus Adolphus finishes regular season unbeaten.--will lose @ Superior or @ Concordia
    2. St. Scholastica freshman Nina Waidacher leads nation in points at end of regular season.--10 of her 22 points so far were against Finlandia and Marian..I don't think she will keep up the pace against better teams.
    3. RIT announces they are going to Division I next year before the end of the season.--Goodbye
    4. Amherst sweeps River Falls and St. Thomas on western road trip. Beats St Thomas, Loses/ties River Falls
    5. Norwich finishes unbeaten in ECAC East play for second straight year.
    6. Julie Fortier, Kourtney Kunichika, Allie Schwab, Kim Herring and Geneva Lloyd are the five Hurd Award finalists.
    7. Norwich’s Julie Fortier wins Laura Hurd Award.
    8. Gustavus Adolphus’ senior goalie Danielle Justice leads nation in shutouts.
    9. RIT’s Kolbee McCrea leads nation in goals. Either her or Fortier
    10. Two more schools announce they are adding D-III women’s hockey before end of the season (Franklin Pierce and Stevenson have already announced).
    11. RIT loses two games this season (playoffs and NCAA’s included). One to Elmira and one to Plattsburgh.--one to river Falls in Frozen Four
    12. Manhattanville makes ECAC East finals.13. One of River Falls, Middlebury, or RIT doesn’t make their conference championship. Eventhough for this to be the case, RIT would currently have to lose to Oswego in the ECAC-W semis, Middlebury would have to lose to Hamilton and River Falls would have to lose to Stevens Point...which doesn't seem likely
    14. St. Scholastica makes NCHA finals. Will be UWS and UWRF
    16. Elmira wins ECAC West Tournament. Seems doubtful with RIT being so dominant
    18. RIT, Norwich, Amherst, River Falls make the Frozen Four. I guess that means Middlebury doesn't make their title game
    19. RIT hosts the Frozen Four would they still host if they don't win the ECAC-W Tournament
    20. RIT wins National Championship River Falls
    Last edited by gojackets; 01-03-2012, 02:14 PM.
    UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
      19. RIT hosts the Frozen Four would they still host if they don't win the ECAC-W Tournament
      Can RIT host two years in a row? If so, it would be cool. It would be sweet for RIT to win the national championship on home ice and then skate off to D1.
      RIT Tigers
      Boston Bruins

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBruin View Post
        Can RIT host two years in a row? If so, it would be cool. It would be sweet for RIT to win the national championship on home ice and then skate off to D1.
        Yes they can...I'm pretty sure Middlebury hosted 3 years in a row...and I think Plattsburgh hosted it twice in a row.
        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Yes they can...I'm pretty sure Middlebury hosted 3 years in a row...and I think Plattsburgh hosted it twice in a row.
          Elmira hosted 2 years in a row.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

wow gojackets, over the last few years i've watched you come to appreciate RF more and more. i'm diggin it! i like your predictions much more and honestly i feel like some of them are more realistic
            haters gonna hate

Comment

Originally posted by LadyFalconsFan View Post
              wow gojackets, over the last few years i've watched you come to appreciate RF more and more. i'm diggin it! i like your predictions much more and honestly i feel like some of them are more realistic
              Well I feel that River Falls has the best chance to do some damage out east..thats why they are getting my love
              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I think these usually get their own thread...so here goes

Alot of these seem kinda lame, easy to predict...not so bold.
                If they are so easy to predict and lame, how come you had so many differences?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                  If they are so easy to predict and lame, how come you had so many differences?
                  Well your predictions are predictable

who's Derek going to predict to win the ECAC west.....Elmira....shocking!
                  Who's Derek going to predict to win the ECAC East....Norwich....even more shocking!
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Well your predictions are predictable

who's Derek going to predict to win the ECAC west.....Elmira....shocking!
                    Who's Derek going to predict to win the ECAC East....Norwich....even more shocking!
                    Although I do believe Norwich will win the ECAC East I did not make a prediction that Norwich will win. I said Norwich would continue their ECAC East regular season unbeaten streak for the second straight year.

Picking Elmira to win the ECAC West is because they have a good team this season. Coach Fargo has things pointed back in the right direction and EC is going to be around in the end this year. Mark my words.

I would agree that in the 3 years doing this, these ones might be the least bold but anyone could just go and throw darts in a wall for no ryhme or reason and pray some of them come true.

Every single one of my predictions are things I honestly believe can happen if the stars align right.

Everyone is untitled to their opinion and I'm mainly just trying to get people talking DIII again after the winter break. I want discussion and if people think I'm off my rocker, that's fine. I don't claim to know all, just trying to provide our followers with a little friendly reading material before the games start again.

And if I'm so predictable why didn't I pick Norwich or Elmira to win the NCAA's

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                      And if I'm so predictable why didn't I pick Norwich or Elmira to win the NCAA's
                      Because you hope that by picking RIT to win they will choke again?? I'm just kinda messin around with ya...don't get your panties in too big of a bunch. I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on this myself...apparently everyone is still in a food coma or hung over.

If Norwich continues their unbeaten streak, would they not win the ECAC-E?
                      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Because you hope that by picking RIT to win they will choke again?? I'm just kinda messin around with ya...don't get your panties in too big of a bunch. I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on this myself...apparently everyone is still in a food coma or hung over.

If Norwich continues their unbeaten streak, would they not win the ECAC-E?
                        Their current unbeaten streak is only in ECAC East regular season play. They lost to Manhattanville in the ECAC East finals last year.

Comment

Porting over post from the other thread.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                          50%, based on the folllowing scorecard.
                          1. Y
                          2. Y
                          3. Y
                          4. Y
                          5. Y
                          6. N
                          7. N
                          8. N
                          9. N
                          10. Y
                          11. N
                          12. N
                          13. Y
                          14. Y
                          15. N
                          16. N
                          17. Y
                          18. N
                          19. Y
                          20. N

Comment

Thought I would revive this thread and see where you are at.

1. Gustavus Adolphus finishes regular season unbeaten. -WRONG

2. St. Scholastica freshman Nina Waidacher leads nation in points at end of regular season. - NOT LOOKING GOOD..SINCE FORTIER HAS 10 ON HER.

3. RIT announces they are going to Division I next year before the end of the season. - LOOKING THAT WAY

4. Amherst sweeps River Falls and St. Thomas on western road trip. - CORRECT

5. Norwich finishes unbeaten in ECAC East play for second straight year. - LOOKING THAT WAY

6. Julie Fortier, Kourtney Kunichika, Allie Schwab, Kim Herring and Geneva Lloyd are the five Hurd Award finalists. - FRONTRUNNERS FOR SURE, COULD MAKE CASE FOR: TEAL GOVE

7. Norwich’s Julie Fortier wins Laura Hurd Award. - HAS THE CAREER NUMBERS

8. Gustavus Adolphus’ senior goalie Danielle Justice leads nation in shutouts. - WRONG

9. RIT’s Kolbee McCrea leads nation in goals. TIED FOR 3RD 6 GOALS OFF THE LEAD

10. Two more schools announce they are adding D-III women’s hockey before end of the season (Franklin Pierce and Stevenson have already announced). UNE?

11. RIT loses two games this season (playoffs and NCAA’s included). One to Elmira and one to Plattsburgh. HALF RIGHT SO FAR

12. Manhattanville makes ECAC East finals.

13. One of River Falls, Middlebury, or RIT doesn’t make their conference championship.

14. St. Scholastica makes NCHA finals.

16. Elmira wins ECAC West Tournament.

18. RIT, Norwich, Amherst, River Falls make the Frozen Four.

19. RIT hosts the Frozen Four

20. RIT wins National Championship

Comment

Working...
                            X