PDA

View Full Version : NCHC commissioner

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Red Cows
01-06-2012, 01:04 PM
You can't be serious.

Well, that one comes with a little bit of a caveat.

The CCHA Press Guide (or UNO's, I'd have to dig them out to get the year and publication) from a couple years before UNO left the conference had this tidbit in it.

In fact, not only did it say that UNO have the largest booster club in all of college hockey at that time, it said it was larger than all the other CCHA schools booster clubs, combined.

I readily acknowledge this one might not still be true (if it ever was). I can tell you this, UNO's Blue Line Club certainly isn't any smaller than it was, then. It is one big mother club. Their web site is currently under reconstruction so I can't direct you there.

Further, I would think it would be kinda hard to verify the accuracy of such a claim. That's an easy one to make as its hard for someone to refute.

Even as a UNO fan I found that a little difficult to swallow.

darker98
01-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Further, I would think it would be kinda hard to verify the accuracy of such a claim. That's an easy one to make as its hard for someone to refute.

Even as a UNO fan I found that a little difficult to swallow.
If you cannot verify a claim it doesn't need to be refuted. ;)

Red Cows
01-06-2012, 02:51 PM
If you cannot verify a claim it doesn't need to be refuted. ;)

True. I didn't make it, though.

I just repeated it.

Guess that makes me a rumatoid factmonger.

Jimjamesak
01-06-2012, 03:23 PM
Personally the nchc could maximize it's take per team by playing at the ralph. I think you'd get more fans with way less expenses.
This whole financial debate is based entirely on the assumption that the tournament will be at the X. I understand there is a good possibility it could happen but I'm skeptical. Everything I've seen and heard from the NCHC has been based on assumptions and none of them have come true. Notre Dame was going to join, didn't happen. They were going to have a big tv contract with NBC Sports, didn't happen. So forgive me for thinking the conference tourney may not be at the X.

Biddco
01-06-2012, 06:07 PM
The next big hire will be the Director of Hockey Operations. It is essential to have a savy hockey person here. I hope Mr. Sherr hires someone with few connections to the WCHA and CCHA (or at the least UND and DU).

I like having the 24 league games because UMD can use those two series for regional teams. MTU will be a yearly opponent. And I bet BSU and MSU-M will be as well.

huskyfan
01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Scherr was fired after a run-in with the board. I think he was a budget cutter and that didn't set well with the Olympic Board.

Biddco
01-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Scherr was fired after a run-in with the board. I think he was a budget cutter and that didn't set well with the Olympic Board.I think you're stirring the pot old lady!

SCSU Euro
01-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Why not a 28 game schedule - 2 home and 2 away vs. every opponent? That's what the old WCHA did.

I want it but I know I'm the tiny minority among my fanbase, NCHC fans I've talked to and probably the guys making the decision too

ozzie679
01-07-2012, 11:32 AM
"Jim" is an Indian name, at least it was to Mark Twain. Shouldn't the NCAA be looking into this?****! Save it for the *** Indian mascot threads!

huskyfan
01-07-2012, 11:51 AM
I think you're stirring the pot old lady!

that's the talk, boytoy

Osorojo
01-07-2012, 01:37 PM
****! Save it for the *** Indian mascot threads!

"... the *** Indian mascot threads!" "***" = ?? How about a hint? Hockey fans need to know.

darker98
01-07-2012, 02:15 PM
"... the *** Indian mascot threads!" "***" = ?? How about a hint? Hockey fans need to know.
Are you actually reporting to hockey fans?