PDA

View Full Version : NCHC commissioner

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

geezer
01-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Biddco said he had no interest when he was there.

I mean ask your "all-male wrestling contest" expert. Biddco can be expected to lie for a few years.

Dirty
01-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Are you saying Biddco isn't an all-male wrestling contest expert?

geezer
01-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Are you saying Biddco isn't an all-male wrestling contest expert?
no no. I was referring to "commissioner" Jim Scherr. Before he was forced out of the USOC following an unexplained "emergency meeting", his main area of expertise was boy-on-boy wrestling.

Dirty
01-04-2012, 12:22 PM
no no. I was referring to "commissioner" Jim Scherr. Before he was forced out of the USOC following an unexplained "emergency meeting", his main area of expertise was boy-on-boy wrestling.

Is that also John Scott's area of expertise?

geezer
01-04-2012, 12:27 PM

lol. I'm beginning to understand how you accumulated 50,000 some posts. But I've got to yield the forum and go to work.
... if you think John Scott's job involves snuggling up to boys, you should do a quick youtube search. It's almost similar to wrestling, but so so different... like the difference between soccer and hockey.

uaafanblog
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
MacLeod does and he sucks at his job

This continuing yet unspecific "McLeod sucks" meme needs some fleshing out eh? How about you list the conference initiatives or programs which you believe failed because of Bruce? Are you one of the fans around here that thinks collegiate conference commissioners are in any real way similar to professional commissioners? Who do you think makes the decisions in a collegiate conference?

These conference commissioners are nothing more than intermediary's between the member programs.

dggoddard
01-04-2012, 12:53 PM
no no. I was referring to "commissioner" Jim Scherr. Before he was forced out of the USOC following an unexplained "emergency meeting", his main area of expertise was boy-on-boy wrestling.From what I read online Scherr was overthrown by a palace coup led by Peter Ueberroth when the 2016 Chicago Olympics bid imploded [US wouldn't bribe other countries after Salt Lake City scandal]

aparch
01-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Nope, Scott's is vehicular manslaughter.

Dirty
01-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I just don't like the cut of McLeod's jib.

bigblue_dl
01-04-2012, 02:06 PM
It's cute how Tech fans were the ones leading the whining and now are the ones leading the taunting. They are obviously taking out their 30 years of incompetence and pent up aggression against a league that they know in their hearts will be better than the new WCHA. All in a vain attempt to make their pathetic, sad and lonely lives just a bit better.Your trolling used to be top notch, now it is just sad and pathetic.

Dirty
01-04-2012, 02:13 PM
So I'm the Michigan Tech of trolls. Sobering thought.

state of hockey
01-04-2012, 02:26 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/erbj36.jpg

Biddco
01-04-2012, 03:47 PM
This continuing yet unspecific "McLeod sucks" meme needs some fleshing out eh? How about you list the conference initiatives or programs which you believe failed because of Bruce? Are you one of the fans around here that thinks collegiate conference commissioners are in any real way similar to professional commissioners? Who do you think makes the decisions in a collegiate conference?

These conference commissioners are nothing more than intermediary's between the member programs.
Then who can we bring our pitchforks and fire within the WCHA?

I find it very interesting that Bruce was so surprised that the schools left even though there were multiple media reports saying they wanted to do so. Plus the NCHC has a tv deal which is already bigger than the WCHA had.

Your trolling used to be top notch, now it is just sad and pathetic.You sure you're not talking about your trolling?

Ahhh...this is about how I thought this thread would turn out.

MUhawks628
01-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Ahhh...this is about how I thought this thread would turn out.

Pretty sure the same tech posters will be trolling the 2027 NCHC Tournament thread.

(In before the NCHC will fold prior to 2027)

4four4
01-04-2012, 05:51 PM

Three years ago from what I have been told his biggest miss was not believing in a WCHA game of the week. Many schools wanted to at least look into it but Bruce didn't even try to look into the future. He said I don't believe we can sustain something like that. Some of the schools left the meeting scratching their head and were unhappy with his comments. Otherwise he has done an excellent job.

burd
01-04-2012, 06:14 PM
If he had any kind of influence at all, he wouldn't have permitted the conference's brightest light, UND, to get jobbed by bad refs year after year at the FF.

manurespreader
01-04-2012, 06:59 PM
You can count me as one who thinks Bruce could do a better job.

aparch
01-04-2012, 08:44 PM
... Plus the NCHC has a tv deal which is already bigger than the WCHA had. A sixteen game package on <strike>CSTV</strike> CBS College Sports. Is that even available widely on all national TV providers?

What's the revenue split on these games? Is WMU going to be paid the same if 1/2 the games aired are against North Dakota?

At least with the WCHA, they allowed their teams to negotiate their own TV deals. The CCHA was basically BTN-Lite for Michigan/Michigan State versus whoever they were playing.

FSN-North/Wisconsin isn't enough to negotiate a WCHA package with. Having Comcast-Sportsnet isn't viable thanks to NBC Sports Network's deal with Notre Dame (Big East?)

Dirty
01-04-2012, 09:38 PM
At least with the WCHA, they allowed their teams to negotiate their own TV deals. The CCHA was basically BTN-Lite for Michigan/Michigan State versus whoever they were playing.

So let me see if I have your viewpoint correct. We'll use UND as an example since that's what I know the most about.

WCHA Currently: All home games televised on Fox College Sports. No WCHA contract to have road games televised. Games against Minnesota televised on Fox Sports North. Some games against Wisconsin televised on Fox Sports Rocky Wisconsin. Some games against Denver televised on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain.

NCHC in the future: All home games televised on Fox College Sports. NCHC contract with CBS College Sports to have some road games televised. No games against Minnesota televised on Fox Sports North because no longer in the same league. No games against Wisconsin televised on Fox Sports Wisconsin because no longer in the same league. Some games against Denver televised on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain.

Now let's look at what the WCHA teams will have in the future:
No home or road games televised on a national network because the WCHA doesn't have a contract with any network. No games against Minnesota televised on Fox Sports North because no longer in the same league. No games against Wisconsin televised on Fox Sports Wisconsin because no longer in the same league. No games against Denver televised on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain because no longer in the same league.

How is UND worse off in the NCHC when it comes to televised games again?

huskyfan
01-04-2012, 09:46 PM
a wrestling coach! :D