No announcement yet.

Hockey East teams, who would you take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey East teams, who would you take?

Almost every in-conference game, I sit and watch my Riverhawks skate against some great talent and while doing so I say "man, I wish Lowell recruited him". So I ask, if you could take one player from each team - who would it be? Here are my picks:

MC- Cannata
    Massachusetts - Snyer
    UNH - Sorkin
    NU - Karlsson
    BU - Neito
    BC - Arnold
    Maine - Diamond
    UVM - Reynolds
    PC - Mauermann
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Re: Hockey East teams, who would you take?

BC: Dumoulin
    BU:
    MC: Stollery
    MA: Sheary
    ML: Wilson
    UHN:
    NU: Bitetto
    VM: Brickley
    PC: Mauermann

I left BU and UHN blank because I'd rather take two from MC and BC. Cannata and Kreider being the extra two. But, if I had to absolutely pick one from each team I'd take Chiasson and, and, ahhhhhh, hmmmmm, well, idk, Casey Thrush.

What would be more interesting is which 9 guys currently on the team would now be expendable.

Comment

I wish NU recruited that Gaudreau kid from BC. He's Gerbe/Gionta/Shannon/Atkinson all mixed in one!
      2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
        Almost every in-conference game, I sit and watch my Riverhawks skate against some great talent and while doing so I say "man, I wish Lowell recruited him". So I ask, if you could take one player from each team - who would it be? Here are my picks:

MC- Cannata
        Massachusetts - Snyer
        UNH - Sorkin
        NU - Karlsson
        BU - Neito
        BC - Arnold
        Maine - Diamond
        UVM - Reynolds
        PC - Mauermann
        I'm a little surprised you'd go with Reynolds from UVM. He's got potential, but hasn't done all that much so far. What's your thinking with him?

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
          I'm a little surprised you'd go with Reynolds from UVM. He's got potential, but hasn't done all that much so far. What's your thinking with him?
          I went to the UVM v. MC game back in early December. Reynolds had a pretty darn good game including a real pretty goal. I just remembered seeing him in the mix with good plays for UVM, and always in position. I mean, Stalberg is awesome... and I would take him in a heartbeat, but I see Reynolds with tremendous upside, especially with him being an underclassman. Obv its my opinion, but he seemed like a solid player vs. MC.
          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeytown View Post
            Obv its my opinion, but he seemed like a solid player vs. MC.
            No, I agree, what you said is on point. He had some very gaudy scoring numbers coming into UVM, and has had some moments that indicate he can do the same at the college level. Definitely has a lot of upside and is one of our few players who can put the puck in the net.

Comment

Well, I am glad you agree with me!

Would love to see your picks from around the conference.

Comment

BC: Kreider (if I can't pick Jerry York)
                BU: Courtnall
                MC: Collins (although NU did recruit him)
                MA: Pereira
                ME: Flynn
                UNH: Kipp
                UML: Wilson
                PC: Harvey
                UVM: Brickley
                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                  I wish NU recruited that Gaudreau kid from BC. He's Gerbe/Gionta/Shannon/Atkinson all mixed in one!
                  You forgot Ben Eaves.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                    Well then, Gaudreau will be blamed by resident fanboys next time a BU players gets a case of the ouchies.

"Gaudreau slashed him and broke his hand, he's a dirty lumberjack, he's going to get killed in the NHL when he pulls this stuff, I posted it on the internet, it must be true!"
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Working...
                    X