2012 D-III Hockey Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 D-III Hockey Predictions

Seems a lot of people like to make predictions. Unlike politics, every year is a Prezidential year in D-III, so put your predictions here and we'll see how you did in 366 days.

My fearless prediction - only one Prezidential Three (tm) team will make the NCAA Tournament.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: 2012 D-III Hockey Predictions

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    My fearless prediction - only one Prezidential Three (tm) team will make the NCAA Tournament.
    Wonder which one that will be
    Steve Day(NU71)
    Go Cadets

Comment

I hope that I' am wrong in my prediction, but I don't see the Lakers making the NCAA playoffs. This team reminds me a lot of the team that I covered my senior year (08-09) (lost to Potsdam at home on Senior Night). They have a lot of talent and that is not deniable, but there is just something lacking with this team. I think it is partly lack of leadership in the form of the players on the ice and the other half is that they just don't appear to be that aggressive (which can be seen also as a lack of intensity). I see them finishing with 18 wins and ending up in 2nd place in the SUNYAC and the season ending up much like that of 08-09 with the exception of the goalie cramping up.
      Last edited by LakerAlum09; 01-01-2012, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Seems a lot of people like to make predictions. Unlike politics, every year is a Prezidential year in D-III, so put your predictions here and we'll see how you did in 366 days.

I'll go the other way and say all three get in and it starts with Elmira beating Norwich in the NSB Tourney championship.
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          I'll go the other way and say all three get in and it starts with Elmira beating Norwich in the NSB Tourney championship.
          A team that just went O-Fer against the SUNYAC I-390 teams in Brockport and Geneseo has a lot more concerns then making an NCAA run with no auto bid. Unless Santa was good to them, I don't see a team with 5 loses already in a non-autobid conference making it with out going undefeated in the second half, against teams like Neumann, Utica, Manhatanville, and even Hobart I could see Elmira losing at least 4 more games. A 9 loss team in the NCAA tourney with no autobid?? Norwich is a must win.
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
            A team that just went O-Fer against the SUNYAC I-390 teams in Brockport and Geneseo has a lot more concerns then making an NCAA run with no auto bid. Unless Santa was good to them, I don't see a team with 5 loses already in a non-autobid conference making it with out going undefeated in the second half, against teams like Neumann, Utica, Manhatanville, and even Hobart I could see Elmira losing at least 4 more games. A 9 loss team in the NCAA tourney with no autobid?? Norwich is a must win.
            Exactly why I said it starts with Norwich. They HAVE to win that game.
            GO LAKERS!!!
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

I hope as a Norwich employee that you can keep those thoughts to yourself
              2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
              2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
              2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
              2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Prez can't lose his job, he is the PREZ! Besides the fact that he has always made his order of allegiance known, but for now his heart remains on Vermont soil. I think we will see at least two of the three in the tournament but Oswego has got to get it's act together. Changed my mind, Oswego has not done well in tournament playoffs lately, maybe it will be just the Cadets. We'll see.
                There is no right way to do the wrong thing. Go Cadets

Comment

What?

Comment

Prez with Forkey and a few more of the injured players back I expect Norwich to be improved at the start of the new year. Having your second line center can give the coach more options to change things up. I think at the end of the last semester Norwich got sort of worn down by all the tough games they played.
                    2009-2010 Last Person Standing winner
                    2009-2010 Interlock LPS winner

Comment

Originally posted by hawk View Post
                      Prez with Forkey and a few more of the injured players back I expect Norwich to be improved at the start of the new year. Having your second line center can give the coach more options to change things up. I think at the end of the last semester Norwich got sort of worn down by all the tough games they played.
                      I agree Norwich looked a little worn down at the end of the semester and hopefully Forkey is set to return to the lineup for the NSB.

We'll find out whose ready and isn't ready to return in a matter of days.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

One more prediction - take Norwich to it's own thread......

The NCAA will be an 8/3 split.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

One more prediction - take Norwich to it's own thread......

The NCAA will be an 8/3 split.
                          I think it will be 7/4.
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

I think it will be 7/4.
                            If Adrian wins the MCHA, but none of St. Norbert, Elmira, Fredonia, Buff State, Hobart, Brockport, Geneseo are otherwise in the tournament, then it will be 7/4 with St. Norbert in Pool C for geographic reasons. If this is not the case, than I see an 8/3 split.

Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

I predict Plattsburgh will host
                              Larry Normandin
                              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X