Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
    I hope RIT can go 4-0 by the time they come home!
    If we don't snag 4 points this weekend I'm going to be pretty dissiapointed.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
      If we don't snag 4 points this weekend I'm going to be pretty dissiapointed.
      4 points should be agiven seeing as we're playing Sacred Heart. And I would assume/hope we'd get at least 2 from Bentley.
      2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
      2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
      2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
      2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Catamount Cup: *****https://twitter.com/#!/SMadolora/status/156409598440505344/photo/1****** via Madolora's twitter.
        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
        2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
          Catamount Cup: *****https://twitter.com/#!/SMadolora/status/156409598440505344/photo/1****** via Madolora's twitter.
          At least we get...something.
          RIT

Comment

I am just going to advoid the Boston Canucks conversation, just sounds like a bad hockey player or beer........

I am pretty happy with RIT games in Madison this weekend. Played well, had a chance in both games. Little upset that they missed some open nets. To me that is what this season will come down to…finishing the chances you should. If RIT does that they will be fine.

What really should make Tiger fans happy are the blown points many teams ahead or tied with RIT had this weekend. This was a big scoreboard watch weekend as teams who had games in hand on RIT was in conference action. Many of which failed to make much ground on the idle Tigers. RIT sits in 4th for the stretch run. If they can have a second season run like they’ve had the last few years they could actually capture another regular season title.

Way I see it is a 7 team race for the all-important top 4 playoff seeding. Right now the top four is all Western Pod teams, but given the weakness of the eastern pod the last two east-west weekend coming up are going to be big in setting the stage for the stretch run. It hard to imagine any more than 1 Eastern team in the top 4, but just about as hard to imagine all 4 Western teams in the top 4 thanks to the unbalance schedule.

Just about all four of the top 4 teams have games against Bentley, Holy Cross, & UCONN which are sitting in the middle of the standing looking to make a run into the top four. The top 4 also play against the bottom 3 teams with the exception of RMU who plays Holy Cross & UCONN.

RIT needs to keep Sacred Heart out of the win column this weekend in Bridgeport. And if they can take the following weekend series against Bentley they will be in nice position with 6 of the last 10 at home. Also they get RMU & Mercyhurst each for two at the Ritter. Bad news is the trip to Air Force for two.

Mercyhurst does get a chance to feast on AIC, but then has to play Holy Cross next and have 7 of the last 10 on the road. Can the young freshman handle the road grind?

Air Force has a similar set up as RIT, but with harder game first with Bentley before taking on an Army of one win, but you do know what Army/Air Force means. Falcons do enjoy 6 of their final 10 at home after the Army Game.

Bob Morris has the toughest remaining inter-pod schedule and then spilt there remaining 10 evenly between home and away games.
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
              At least we get...something.
              Silly me, I thought the Catamount Cup might be an actual... you know, cup.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Favot and Brenner just missed being teamates over the weekend. Brenner was reassigned by the Marlies to the ECHL Reading Royals on Monday (1/6) where Favot had been playing. Unfortunately Favot was released on Saturday (1/4).

Brenner had been seeing little playing time with the AHL Marlies and had 3 points (1g-2a) and a -7 rating over 21 games. Hopefully he'll get back on track in the ECHL.

Favot started out in Stockon(ECHL) in the preseason playing with Ringwald and coached by former Tiger - Matt Thomas. Started the season at Utah(ECHL) (23gp-1g-1a & -5) before landing with Reading (7gp-1g3a & +3) where it looked like he was starting to catch on.

Ringwald has been bouncing back and forth between Stockton(ECHL) (12gp-2g-6a & -5) and Oklahoma City(AHL) (14gp-1g5a & +4).

Bob Raymond has stuck with Binghamton(AHL) (27gp-0g-4a & +1) after a brief stint early in the season back with Florida(ECHL) (8gp-2g-3a & 0)

Last but not least, Chris Tanev is with the Chicago Wolves(AHL) working on his offensive game (22gp-0g-12a & +7). Reports lead you to believe he is consistently the Wolves best player, and it only is a matter of time until he's back with the Canucks.

Pinnizzotto who looked to be getting a serious shot to start the season with the Canucks is out for the season with a bum shoulder.
                John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
                AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
                NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
                NCAA DII - 1983
                NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                  Bob Raymond has stuck with Binghamton(AHL) (27gp-0g-4a & +1) after a brief stint early in the season back with Florida(ECHL) (8gp-2g-3a & 0)
                  I got to see Raymond play on New Year's eve. While the game itself was horrible, I thought that Raymond played well. He certainly is playing like a top 4 AHL D-man that night.
                  My Four Favorite teams:
                  RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                  Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jgRIT View Post
                    It seems to me the Wisconsin fans had nothing to say about RIT until an RIT fan went in their thread and called them classless.
                    Who cares what people in Wisconsin have to say????
                    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
                    The Mule
                    Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Does anyone with experience with the jersey auctions know if winners are allowed to pick their size? Seems like they wouldn't have all the range of sizes for a super limited edition jersey..
                      RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                        Does anyone with experience with the jersey auctions know if winners are allowed to pick their size? Seems like they wouldn't have all the range of sizes for a super limited edition jersey..
                        You don't pick your size, you get the jersey you win. I think (based on past years) that most of the jerseys are the same size, but Jeff Siegel can answer specific questions you have. His info is located here: http://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/su...ns/contact.php
                        Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                        College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                        Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                        Men's Frozen Four 2010
                        Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                        Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                          You don't pick your size, you get the jersey you win. I think (based on past years) that most of the jerseys are the same size, but Jeff Siegel can answer specific questions you have. His info is located here: http://www.rit.edu/studentaffairs/su...ns/contact.php
                          Yeah, I emailed him but he hasn't responded back. Given that they are women's jerseys I expect the sizes will be smaller than I'm willing to wear out in public. ****, they are really nice too..

Edit: Heard back from Jeff. He says the standard jerseys are XL and the goalie ones are 2XL. I'm happy to have been wrong with my original assumption.
                          Last edited by RIT Winters; 01-11-2012, 12:20 PM.
                          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
                            Last but not least, Chris Tanev is with the Chicago Wolves(AHL) working on his offensive game (22gp-0g-12a & +7). Reports lead you to believe he is consistently the Wolves best player, and it only is a matter of time until he's back with the Canucks.
                            From what I understand, Vancouver has good expectations for Tanev. They put him in Chicago so he could get more playing time and develop more. If needed he will be the first D-Man brought up.
                            RITTIGERS FOR LIFE!!

Proud member of the Corner.

Support Hockey. Any Location, Any Time, Any Level, Any Gender. For some it's a game, for others a sport - for me, it's something more.

Comment

Does anyone have any idea on when official numbers for the new arena will come out? (capacity, standing room, ice size, official renderings)
                              R I T HOCKEY
                              Frozen Four
                              Elite Eight
                              NCAA Tournament
                              2010-2015-2016
                              RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                                Does anyone have any idea on when official numbers for the new arena will come out? (capacity, standing room, ice size, official renderings)
                                I haven't heard anything about final architectural work being underway, but that doesn't mean that it hasn't. There are some additional conceptual drawings on the website at http://www.rit.edu/development/givin...renderings.php

From what I've heard it will be NHL ice size (200x85), seats for about 4000, bleachers for the corner, and a concourse with standing room (so that should be several hundred), and some room for expansion of the seats.

Also, I believe the plan is to spell "Center" correctly!
                                Last edited by RITProf; 01-12-2012, 06:29 AM.
                                -M

Comment

Working...
                                X