Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Game Sheet: Ontario 4 Stockton 1

Tough game for Shane but good one for Cameron (1 G, +2), best of luck to both of you!

http://echl.com/stats/official-game-...p?game_id=9457
    As the Stockton coach said after the game, Shane played great but got completely left out to dry by his defense on all 4 goals. It's pretty telling when you let that many uncontested breakaways (including when you are on the PP) happen. I'm sure Shane will get more starts before the ECHL playoffs begin.

Also a great game for Burt!
    RIT

Comment

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
      As the Stockton coach said after the game...
      For those of you who have been following RIT hockey since the 90's (or earlier), the Stockton coach is Matt Thomas. Looks like he's done quite a bit of coaching since his RIT days.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
        At senior night I remember a good amount of the seniors had already completed their coursework.
        My understanding is there are rules that allow them to play out the year. I honestly have no idea how they work...
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
          My understanding is there are rules that allow them to play out the year. I honestly have no idea how they work...
          You're allowed to compete for 60 days after graduation. From the NCAA D-I manual:

14.1.9.3 NCAA Championship Following Last Term of Eligibility. A student-athlete who is eligible during the term in which degree work is completed (or is eligible as a graduate, per Bylaw 14.1.9) remains eligible for any NCAA championship for any postseason licensed bowl game or National Invitation Tournament that begins within 60 days after the end of the term in which the student completes the requirements for the degree (or graduate eligibility).

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
            You're allowed to compete for 60 days after graduation. From the NCAA D-I manual:

14.1.9.3 NCAA Championship Following Last Term of Eligibility. A student-athlete who is eligible during the term in which degree work is completed (or is eligible as a graduate, per Bylaw 14.1.9) remains eligible for any NCAA championship for any postseason licensed bowl game or National Invitation Tournament that begins within 60 days after the end of the term in which the student completes the requirements for the degree (or graduate eligibility).
            OMG... That actually makes sense... Lord you can now take me I have seen everything including the NCAA make a rule that makes sense...
            Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
            The Mule
            Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
              OMG... That actually makes sense... Lord you can now take me I have seen everything including the NCAA make a rule that makes sense...
              Wait...NCAA? Sense? WHAT?!
              2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
              2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
              2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
              2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Per Twitter, Scotty Knowles is joining the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL
                Last edited by mar7967; 03-24-2012, 02:20 PM.
                Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
                College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
                Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
                Men's Frozen Four 2010
                Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
                Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

I feel bad for Air Force... that botched call pretty much handed BC a win in a game that was close to the end.

But on a better note... we won't be seeing Kirby on their blue line anymore.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                    I feel bad for Air Force... that botched call pretty much handed BC a win in a game that was close to the end.

But on a better note... we won't be seeing Kirby on their blue line anymore.
                    That was a bad call at a critical time. AF was starting to get some pressure on BC.

Good to see Atlantic Hockey play it close in the tourney.
                    RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
                      Good to see Atlantic Hockey play it close in the tourney.
                      Playing close has not been a problem for the most part in the NCAA tournament. It's WINNING that is the problem. It would be nice if the AHA reps did that more often.
                      2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

RIT was 1-1-0 against teams in the 2012 Frozen Four in the 2011-12 season.

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                          Per Twitter, Scotty Knowles is joining the Kalamazoo Wings of the ECHL
                          That's surprising. Hopefully his career goes better than similarly-sized Favot.

In other news, Burt has 1-1-2 in 3 games so far, pretty good!
                          RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                            That's surprising. Hopefully his career goes better than similarly-sized Favot.

In other news, Burt has 1-1-2 in 3 games so far, pretty good!
                            It'll be interesting to see how Burt develops. I think he felt a lot of pressure to carry the team the past couple of years and being the low man on the totem pole again might be good for him.
                            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                              Playing close has not been a problem for the most part in the NCAA tournament. It's WINNING that is the problem. It would be nice if the AHA reps did that more often.
                              Yeah, I was pulling for AFA to move on but watching the match, didn't think they had it in them. BC was pretty good at shutting them down in the offensive zone.

It doesn't help that AHA teams will always play against the #1 seed in the regional.

It would take some major wins in OOC games by the entire league to change that scenario.
                              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                                It'll be interesting to see how Burt develops. I think he felt a lot of pressure to carry the team the past couple of years and being the low man on the totem pole again might be good for him.
                                And not as many people on message boards analyzing every move he makes.
                                2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Working...
                                X