Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by XCTiger View Post
    Checking on Tiger Alum:

Andrew Favot - after knocking around the ECHL the early part of the season with Utah and Reading for 30 games total, he played 18 games (4g - 8a) with the Missouri Mavericks of the CHL, and was waived yesterday.

Tyler Brenner - Started out the season with Toronto in the AHL, but was seeing minimal ice time. Finally sent down to Reading in the CHL in early January. Just missed being reunited with Favot, when Andrew was released 2 days earlier. Looked like he was doing well with Reading (17gm - 3g - 6a and a +2 rating). Was even nominated for ECHL POW honors, then disappeared from the roster in mid February. Can't find any transactions or mention of him after 2/12.

Dan Ringwald - Bounced back and forth between Stockton of the ECHL and Oklahoma City in the AHL for the early part of the season. Looks like he's finally sticking in the AHL as OKC signed him to a contract on 2/8. Over 30 games he's got 1g - 6a and a +8 rating.

Chris Tanev - Not much happening here, looks like his post Tigers career is floundering as he's been called back for the Canucks playoff run. Just think how much better he'd be doing had he stuck it out with RIT for another season or two.
    Brenner is out with an upper body injury.

Source: http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=367442

Relevant part:
    Tyler Brenner has not played since Feb. 12 because of an upper body injury and didn't have a point in his previous five games.
    RIT

Comment

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

From today's D&C, a letter to the editor:

Can anyone explain to me how a hockey program as classy as Rochester Institute of Technology’s Tigers could give rise to a fan base so completely devoid not only of class, sportsmanship and common courtesy, but basic patriotism as well? During the singing of the national anthem, the last line of which is, “And the home of the brave,” the cretinous crowd of RIT supporters shouts over the vocalist, “And the home of the Tigers!”

When the “Star-Spangled Banner” is being sung, that is a time for us to stand together as Americans, put aside all our petty differences and honor our country — not act like a pack of infantile morons. Such antics are not understandable fan enthusiasm, not acceptable adult behavior and not funny. It is a smear on RIT’s fine hockey program and wrong on every level.

RICHARD P. LUNGHINO

CHEEKTOWAGA, ERIE COUNTY
      http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...-S-autoworkers

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
        From today's D&C, a letter to the editor:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...-S-autoworkers

Powers &8^]
        I suppose he feels the same way about Cornell and RPI yelling "RED!" in the middle of the anthem?

While I don't sit in the corner, I was pleased to notice that the entire Corner Crew sings the national anthem which is more than 80% of the rest of the crowd at the Ritter (myself included). I don't see adding "home of the Tigers!" as particularly disrespectful and RIT fans are careful to show respect not only for the national anthem, but also for Army and Air Force players. Additionally, RIT has a gigantic american flag that gets rolled out for the anthem. So I think Mr. Lunghino is over reacting a bit. Compared with some college venues, RIT is tame and relatively PG (ok.. maybe PG-13), and almost always respectful.
        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
          Compared with some college venues, RIT is tame and relatively PG (ok.. maybe PG-13), and almost always respectful.
          I suspect, as a Cheektowagan, the letter writer witnessed the Canisius tilt of two weeks ago at Buff State, or possibly last week's game at Dwyer. Surely if he'd been to the Ritter he'd have noticed the giant flag.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Don't look now, but AIC is one game away from eliminating our friends Robert Morris after a huge 7-5 win tonight.
            RIT

Comment

• Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
              Don't look now, but AIC is one game away from eliminating our friends Robert Morris after a huge 7-5 win tonight.
              And Sacred Heart won tonight as well
              RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Imagine a world where Bentley and RoMo both get knocked out.
                RIT

Comment

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
                  Imagine a world where Bentley and RoMo both get knocked out.
                  Crazy talk, man!
                  2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                  2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                  2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                  2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

RIT will play either Bentley, Robert Morris, or UConn. My order of reference of these is UConn, Bentley, and Robert Morris.
                    2010 Frozen Four participant

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

I think this is right based off the info here.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...20#post5381620

If both Sacred Heart and AIC win tonight.

#5 Holy Cross @ #4 Mercyhurst
                      #8 UConn @ #3 RIT
                      #10 AIC @ #2 Niagara
                      #11 Sacred Heart @ #1 Air Force

If the home teams win, then:

#5 Holy Cross #5 @ #4 Mercyhurst
                      #6 Bentley @ #3 RIT
                      #7 RMU @ #2 Niagara
                      #8 UConn @ #1 Air Force

If just Sacred Heart wins:

#7 RMU @ #3 RIT
                      #8 UConn @ #2 Niagara
                      #11 Sacred Heart @ #1 Air Force

If just AIC wins:

#6 Bentley @ #3 RIT
                      #8 UConn @ #2 Niagara
                      #10 AIC @ #1 Air Force
                      RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

I've got a copy of the media guide for every season since we went D-I, but I never saw one for sale this year. (It's available in PDF form online, but that hardly makes a nice keepsake.) Anyone know where or how I can purchase a 2011-12 media guide?

Powers &8^]

Comment

So the America One season pass doesn't include the playoffs?????
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

Bentley and RoMo both up 2-0 early in the 2nd. I'm guessing we'll be hosting Bentley next weekend.
                            2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                            2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                              I've got a copy of the media guide for every season since we went D-I, but I never saw one for sale this year. (It's available in PDF form online, but that hardly makes a nice keepsake.) Anyone know where or how I can purchase a 2011-12 media guide?

Powers &8^]
                              They did not do a printed media guide this year, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                                Bentley and RoMo both up 2-0 early in the 2nd. I'm guessing we'll be hosting Bentley next weekend.
                                Don't look now, but AIC has scored 2 in a row to make it 3-2 RoMo in the 3rd..

Edit: 3-3! Heading to OT!
                                Last edited by RIT Winters; 03-04-2012, 08:18 PM.
                                RIT

Comment

Working...
                                X