Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by RIT Winters View Post
    Something seemed off tonight. The energy wasn't there either from the team or the fans. It seemed like everyone was just going through the motions on and off the ice.
    I think I have to disagree here. I thought the energy from the team was there throughout the entire game. We didn't give RoMo any space to make moves; we were strong on the forecheck and even stronger in the neutral zone (a lot of poke checks and doing lots of little things to disrupt their flow). On the fans side, I don't know, I always kinda feel like the Ritter is "flat" and lacking some real intensity (just going through the motions, like you said); however, during the last 5 min or so of the 3rd period, I noticed some genuine excitement from the crowd.

I tend to sit at center ice because, well, I always have. I think one problem that causes a lack of enthusiasm in the Ritter is that the band is in between the Corner Crew and the rest of the fans behind the RIT bench; and then to the Corner Crew's left, there's a big gap for the zamboni entrance. Thus, the Corner Crew is insulated (and isolated) from all the other fans at the Ritter. Hopefully, the seating set up at the new arena will address one of those problems (the gap between the Corner Crew and the season ticket holder section).
    RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

• Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

I regret my statements regarding RIT's domination of Robert Morris. Even though we played well and at times dominated them, we simply were unable to score. The 5 on 3 was especially frustrating right after we just got momentum. We managed literally 0 registered shots on goal for 2 whole minutes despite no clears by RoMo. The team continues to focus on the fancy play instead of just piling people near the net and throwing the puck in.

Ostergaard is a **** fine goalie, but I feel like despite the high shot totals we didn't really challenge him on that many shots. We had our moments for sure, but I would have liked to see more.

Niagara lies ahead, and I think the best we can realistically hope for is 3 points, but I see 2 as more likely. Given our total lack of wins against Niagara, their conference leading goalie, and the fact one of the games is away, it's a pretty intimidating series. I'm sure we'll finish top 4, but we're going to have to fight for the second seed. Bentley is not going down quietly and neither is Niagara. I do think that Air Force will bury Mercyhurst tonight, which I am okay with. Realistically we aren't going to catch them with only a 2 point weekend this weekend, so I'd rather have a tough team like Mercyhurst have to play in the first round.
      RIT

Comment

Thank you Mercyhurst!

2-1 win over AFA last night.
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

Originally posted by blazer777 View Post
          Thank you Mercyhurst!

2-1 win over AFA last night.
          Actually, I would have rather seen AFA win that game to get more distance between RIT and Mercyhurst. I expect that the Lakers will get their 4 points against Cansius. While RIT has the tiebreaker, they would need 3 points against Niagara. Another regular season conference title would be nice, but it's just as important to get a bye - ESPECIALLY since the women's conference tournament is the same weekend and the first round of the AHA playoffs. That would be a scheduling nightmare if that happens.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
            Actually, I would have rather seen AFA win that game to get more distance between RIT and Mercyhurst. I expect that the Lakers will get their 4 points against Cansius. While RIT has the tiebreaker, they would need 3 points against Niagara. Another regular season conference title would be nice, but it's just as important to get a bye - ESPECIALLY since the women's conference tournament is the same weekend and the first round of the AHA playoffs. That would be a scheduling nightmare if that happens.
            I'm hoping to jump over Air Force and take the season title and also put some doubts into the AFA players going into the tourney.
            It's time some of those shots the Tigers have been putting on goal start going through.

Yeah, there's a pack just behind us but I'm hoping for a big AFA letdown next weekend and a sweep by the Tigers. Doing this will give us the bye,the title and send Frank Serratore's blood pressure through the roof.

As far as the play-off schedule, if they have to, they could rotate them with each team (men's and women's) getting a night game. I think the women deserve the spotlight this year, more so than the men actually.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

As far as the play-off schedule, if they have to, they could rotate them with each team (men's and women's) getting a night game. I think the women deserve the spotlight this year, more so than the men actually.
              The problem is that there need to be two women's games on Saturday 3/3, and 1 on Sunday 3/4. Saturday will be the problem (scheduling 3 games).
              Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
              College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
              Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016 2024
              Men's Frozen Four 2010
              Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
              Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by mar7967 View Post
                The problem is that there need to be two women's games on Saturday 3/3, and 1 on Sunday 3/4. Saturday will be the problem (scheduling 3 games).
                This would work if it came to it and while it's not perfect........

Women's games

11:00

2:30 or right after the conclusion of the first game aka Hockey East Championship style

Tickets are good for both games.

Men's game

8:00pm
                RIT Tigers

Comment

Yeah, there's a pack just behind us but I'm hoping for a big AFA letdown next weekend and a sweep by the Tigers. Doing this will give us the bye,the title and send Frank Serratore's blood pressure through the roof.
                  Considering AFA's performances at BCA I think they only to stick it to ole Franky is to eliminate AFA in the tourney
                  RIT Tigers
                  Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                  Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                  Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                    Considering AFA's performances at BCA I think they only to stick it to ole Franky is to eliminate AFA in the tourney
                    Exactly. RIT has dominated the AHA regular season over the past five seasons, while AFA has won 4 tournament championships and the auto-bids to the NCAA's, beating RIT along the way twice. It's all about the post-season in our mid-major world, unfortunately. Maybe it would be better for RIT if AFA did win the essentially meaningless regular season title and focus on how they're going to win the tournament. Not that the Tigers are going to intentionally do anything to let that happen... just saying that winning the regular season hasn't gotten much for the Tigers over the last five years, post-season-wise.
                    Last edited by TigerFan86-87; 02-20-2012, 01:08 PM.
                    Can't we all just get along?
                    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Not happening. D-I Men's >> D-III Women's in so many ways. Kudos are certainly in order for what the women have achieved these last two seasons. It's certainly exciting. However... it's still not going to steal prime time from the men any time soon.
                      Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                        Not happening. D-I Men's >> D-III Women's in so many ways. Kudos are certainly in order for what the women have achieved these last two seasons. It's certainly exciting. However... it's still not going to steal prime time from the men any time soon.
                        That and the men's team = $
                        RIT Tigers
                        Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                        Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                        Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                          I'd like someone else to do the dirty work and knock them out in the quarter or semi finals. The less AFA we see at BCA, the better.
                          RIT

Comment

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/officials/Ernst_Eric

dont think that they were back ups just from a different league.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post

This...this does not explain their incompetence..
                              RIT

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy View Post

I think some of these guys do "double duty" and work for both the ECAC and AHA. Either that, or there's some sort of exchange program going on. The night that our refs were apparently ECAC refs, the ECAC game on NBCSN between Yale and Dartmouth was being refereed by a guy named Feola. I have no idea if that's the same Feola as we regularly see at AHA games, but it looked like him. Of course, he had a hockey playing brother or two, didn't he? Or is it that it just seemed like he played for EC for 8 years?

Comment

Working...
                                X