Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: >> RIT Tigers 2011-12 Part II: Making Some Noise at the House that Roars <<

Originally posted by mdumont View Post
    I made an attempt at doing some sports photography at the Catamount Cup. I got shots from both RIT games and the UVM v. Ferris State game. Here they are: http://mdumont.smugmug.com/Hockey
    Thank you for sharing! Now lets kick some Wisconsin butt!!!!!

GO TIGERS!
    R I T HOCKEY
    Frozen Four
    Elite Eight
    NCAA Tournament
    2010-2015-2016
    RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Ferris State's losses to RIT and UVM dropped them to 17th from 11th (I would have guessed out of the poll.) LSSU's split with RIT and UVM dropped them to 18 from 16. RIT mustered 12 points.

http://www.uscho.com/rankings/d-i-mens-poll/

(Maybe some of the voters didn't hear about the tournament? )

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
        Ferris State's losses to RIT and UVM dropped them to 17th from 11th (I would have guessed out of the poll.) LSSU's split with RIT and UVM dropped them to 18 from 16. RIT mustered 12 points.

CC lost to AFA but they stayed in sixth......
        DU beats AFA and DU moves up four......

Let the bias (east and west) begin....or continue : 0
        RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT needs more weekends like last week to deserve to be ranked. Not to mention that the poll is for entertainment purposes. RIT is in the 30s in the RPI and Krach so I would be reluctant to rank them based on that.
          2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
          2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
          2010 Frozen Four participant
          2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Like Chris Lerch?

Powers &8^]

Comment

Wow, RIT has not had a ranking controversy like this sense the D-III days, let me get my pop corn this should be fun...
              Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule
              Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                Like Chris Lerch?

Powers &8^]
                I suppose I would have felt the same way if I'd seen the RMU game and not the two this past weekend. It was the most complete 120 minutes of hockey I've seen from them since Albany in 2010.

(I'll cut Chris some slack. It was his anniversary during the two games in VT and he had more important things to pay attention to.)

Comment

I saw the cup, but there was no one there to receive it. It was accepted on RIT's behalf because the team had already left three hours earlier.

But, if you read USCHO, you'd come to the same conclusion you did.
                  Pre-determined formats for tournaments suck. They should have given RIT the trophy before they left.

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
                    Like Chris Lerch?

Powers &8^]
                    It was a good weekend (saw some video) but IMHO Air Force is still the top team in the AHA. They did beat CC and are ahead of RIT in all the rankings, standings being the most important one.

Comment

Who will start in net Friday and Saturday against Wisconsin? Madalora, Friday and Watson, Saturday?

GO TIGERS!
                      R I T HOCKEY
                      Frozen Four
                      Elite Eight
                      NCAA Tournament
                      2010-2015-2016
                      RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Originally posted by Rochester View Post
                        Who will start in net Friday and Saturday against Wisconsin? Madalora, Friday and Watson, Saturday?

GO TIGERS!
                        I think that Ruby will start on Friday (crazy, I know, but we had Madolora on Thursday and Watson on Friday, so I'm thinking it's Ruby's turn) and then Madolora on Saturday.
                        RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by Bing View Post
                          I think that Ruby will start on Friday (crazy, I know, but we had Madolora on Thursday and Watson on Friday, so I'm thinking it's Ruby's turn) and then Madolora on Saturday.
                          Mads is still the man, so he starts Friday IMO. Ruby on Saturday.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                            Pre-determined formats for tournaments suck. They should have given RIT the trophy before they left.
                            On the bright side, they avoid the possibility of a non-conference conference matchup. =)

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lerch View Post
                              It was a good weekend (saw some video) but IMHO Air Force is still the top team in the AHA. They did beat CC and are ahead of RIT in all the rankings, standings being the most important one.
                              Agree on all counts - but as far as the weekend goes CC did not have their second leading scorer in the lineup against Air Force. That could be the difference in a one goal game.
                              KBranch

Comment

Originally posted by kbranch View Post
                                Agree on all counts - but as far as the weekend goes CC did not have their second leading scorer in the lineup against Air Force. That could be the difference in a one goal game.
                                Is Fridays game going to be televised?
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X