Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/6, 1/7)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/6, 1/7)

The second half of the league schedule starts.

The RPI/DC game will be on televised on Versus/NBC Sports Network.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Dartmouth & Harvard @ RPI & Union (1/6, 1/7)

Just trying to give this thread a bump. Doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest just yet-perhaps because of the holiday weekend just past.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Pep Band! I'm in remission; we haven't played in nearly a month! While the band won't be there in full, we will be there in a somewhat diminished capacity. The alumni have been rallied and those students who are able to make the trip will be there.
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Pep Band! I'm in remission; we haven't played in nearly a month! While the band won't be there in full, we will be there in a somewhat diminished capacity. The alumni have been rallied and those students who are able to make the trip will be there.
        RPI TV! Though NBC is covering Friday, we'll be broadcasting on B2 and recording for our website in some capacity on Saturday.
        RPI Class of 2012
        Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing Friday night's game. NBC-SN did a good job out at the nice new arena in South Bend. It will be interesting to see if they can make HFH look good in HD. I'll be there at the end of the month for the CCT game.
          Clarkson Golden Knights Men
          10 Time ECAC Regular Season Champs
          5 Time ECAC Tournament Champs
          21 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Undefeated - 1956

Clarkson Golden Knights Women
          ECAC Regular Season Champs - 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018
          ECAC Tournament Champs - 2017, 2018
          7 NCAA Tournament Appearances

Frozen Four - 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
          National Champions - 2014, 2017, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
            Good to hear that. Now hopefully the offense and defense will show show up together.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FireKnight View Post
              I'm looking forward to seeing Friday night's game. NBC-SN did a good job out at the nice new arena in South Bend. It will be interesting to see if they can make HFH look good in HD. I'll be there at the end of the month for the CCT game.
              I wonder how many microphones will be placed around the arena. Didn't we get in trouble for some of our chants in previous televised games from HFH?
              NBSsports has us scheduled for one more game this year. Might they back away from that due to profanity in the stands?
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                I wonder how many microphones will be placed around the arena. Didn't we get in trouble for some of our chants in previous televised games from HFH?
                NBSsports has us scheduled for one more game this year. Might they back away from that due to profanity in the stands?
                We're not playing Brown, so it may not be too much of a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  I would expect that the telecast will be subject to an 8- or 10-second time delay, so that if the microphones pick up the beginning of an off-color chant, the engineer can push a button to ensure that it doesn't go out over the air.

If the networks backed away from televising games from any college site where the fans were known to utter profanities, what would happen to all that college basketball programming?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                    I would expect that the telecast will be subject to an 8- or 10-second time delay, so that if the microphones pick up the beginning of an off-color chant, the engineer can push a button to ensure that it doesn't go out over the air.

If the networks backed away from televising games from any college site where the fans were known to utter profanities, what would happen to all that college basketball programming?
                    Untoward language at bouncyball games? Are we watching the same games on tv?
                    Re: Friday's game... I hope the Dirtmouth fan(s) exercise some restraint in deference to our national tv audience.
                    Here we come!

Comment

Giving this a little reminder bump (even though it's only been RPI and CCT fans in here so far).

Also, inviting everyone to play PtC! It's lots of fun and I promise I won't bite. No such promises made for the more rabid-looking members of our fanbase. *coughcoughFD08coughcough*
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        Almost never happens due to crowd chants.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          Almost never happens due to crowd chants.
                          Even then, if it's either unclear or sotto voce, it may not be picked up by the S&P people.

Comment

Is it bad that I'm worried less about the teams embarrassing themselves, but rather the league? The BU game got out of hand, and I know I don't need to bring up what happened in the Cornell game. Granted the Yale ones didn't look TOO bad on ESPNU. Who are the mice, anyway?

Comment

lines are out...still no Koudys? http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...AR.pdf?id=1174
                              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                              X