At Least We Have the World Jrs. During Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: At Least We Have the World Jrs. During Break

First off thanks Viz for all the great links and updates you post. You're amazing! I love the WJC's and the fact that it falls during the Christmas break. The quality of play always amazes me.

Second, the WJC's are a High, Holy Holiday in Canada and are all but unknown in the states. TSN's coverage of the tourney is first rate. I love their delayed video archive. You can watch every game that they cover whenever you like and the quality of the stream is excellent. I've watched the first two Canadian pre tourney games. Interesting that Team Canada only has one NCAA player and the US has 15.

Lastly, the USA Hockey website blows! OMG, is the water boy updating it on his smoke breaks? Do they not have any money?

Enjoy the tourney everyone!
    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
      Lastly, the USA Hockey website blows! OMG, is the water boy updating it on his smoke breaks? Do they not have any money?
      I especially like how you have to download an Excel file to get USNTDP stats. Site is legit.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        I especially like how you have to download an Excel file to get USNTDP stats. Site is legit.
        Easily one of the worst websites.

Comment

That's your hard earned money paid in membership fees put to work. Come on now, everyone knows USA Hockey is nothing but a Good Ole Boys club. They are a marketing machine, that's all.

But hey, you do get a fancy little newsletter every week

Comment

Jason Zucker named Captain of Team USA.
            http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=607929&print=true

Chris Peters posting on The United States of Hockey is doing a far better job of reporting than USA Hockey.

The WJC is like a Christmas present for all college hockey fans

PS--thanks for the kind words MagnessMan
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Good, long interview with Chris Peters on the Gospel of Hockey.
              http://www.blogtalkradio.com/mattgaj...h-chris-peters

Just after the 28 min mark begin discuusing team captain, Jason Zucker, and Etem and Tinordi.

No live blog tonight, rink doesn't have internet
              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Jason Zucker named Captain of Team USA.
                http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=607929&print=true

Chris Peters posting on The United States of Hockey is doing a far better job of reporting than USA Hockey.

The WJC is like a Christmas present for all college hockey fans

PS--thanks for the kind words MagnessMan
                I'm impressed by your knowledge of the game and how you keep up with not only the Pios but everything else in the hockey universe. Do you ever come to Denver for games?

Looking forward to getting a look at the Swedish team tonight.
                Go Pioneers!

Comment

I'm impressed by your knowledge of the game and how you keep up with not only the Pios but everything else in the hockey universe. Do you ever come to Denver for games?

Looking forward to getting a look at the Swedish team tonight.
                  You two should get a room or something...
                  Originally posted by vizoroo
                  Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                  Originally posted by duper
                  I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                  Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                  Originally posted by dggoddard
                  Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

I too appreciate the updates Vizoroo

And I agree, Chris Peters does an outstanding job (despite being a Blackhawks fan)

Comment

Coyle, Saad, and Zucker with goals in the first period. US leads Slovakia 3-0 after one period of play.

Comment

4-0 Now goal by Tinordi
                        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

5-0 Coyle with his 2nd of the night.

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Minnesota Wild prospects with three of the five goals. Not to mention, three Wild prospects wearing the "C" in this tournament - Zucker (USA), Grandlund (Finland), and Larsson (Sweden).

Future is looking bright for Wild fans

Comment

Team Canada losing 4-1 to Sweden in their exhibition game.

Comment

USA 5-0 end 2nd

Comment

Working...
                                X