Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
    Well I remember he was short, but it had to have been one of Parkers goons... Zanc?
    really?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
      Can someone remind me who slashed VDG in the Hockey East Championship game?
      Was that the slash that herniated a disc in his back along with a dislocated shoulder and broken ankle, or the slash that broke his thumb and the fan boys back? Not sure I remember either one.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        really?
        No, I was channeling TimP

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
          No, I was channeling TimP
          ah, i couldn't see the drool... one of the problems with a message board.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Maine weekend and no chatter/no thread? Doesn't seem right. Back in my day...

But seriously, I remember when these games were bigger than BU-BC. Truly. It's not the same without Walshy. Does Jack really have Timmy's #? Will the two teams break the penalty minute record they set a few seasons ago? Does Rollie the Goalie ever see the net again?

BU Hockey: Lofty
            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
              Does Rollie the Goalie ever see the net again?
              I was actually surprised he didn't play at all against Providence
              #OneKnight

Comment

Maine weekend and no chatter/no thread? Doesn't seem right. Back in my day...But seriously, I remember when these games were bigger than BU-BC. Truly. It's not the same without Walshy. Does Jack really have Timmy's #? Will the two teams break the penalty minute record they set a few seasons ago? Does Rollie the Goalie ever see the net again?BU Hockey: Lofty
                Nothing would surprise me this weekend, including a sweep either way. BU has been hot, but likewise Maine. The Terriers have shown that they can score without #10 and #3, but I loved Trivino defensively, including up at Orono. Fingers crossed that the current club can corral Spencer Abbott et al. I may have missed it but is #26 healthy for tonight?

Comment

Maine weekend and no chatter/no thread? Doesn't seem right. Back in my day...

But seriously, I remember when these games were bigger than BU-BC. Truly. It's not the same without Walshy. Does Jack really have Timmy's #? Will the two teams break the penalty minute record they set a few seasons ago? Does Rollie the Goalie ever see the net again?

BU Hockey: Lofty
                  I can remember going to Alfond in the 90's and the fans had the stick's with the cardboard replica of Parker's face on them and just HATED BU, the dislike was palpable from the ticket taker to the student section.

Everytime Jack said anything to the refs, or his players, anytime he moved his arms, anytime he changed his expression, anytime he gave the ref $500 to throw the game, the UM fans went crazy.

I don't recall the exact games but we did pretty well from what I recall...that made the fans even happier.

Just to get things warmed up...most arenas when a toothless 240 pound person is trying to intimidate someone it is a blueliner trying to kill your center...at Alfond, that is the homecoming queen.
                  I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    Nothing would surprise me this weekend, including a sweep either way. BU has been hot, but likewise Maine. The Terriers have shown that they can score without #10 and #3, but I loved Trivino defensively, including up at Orono. Fingers crossed that the current club can corral Spencer Abbott et al. I may have missed it but is #26 healthy for tonight?
                    Yeah, I can see just about anything happen this weekend. I'm gonna go with a split though. One game being a close 1 goal margin and the other being a 3+ goal blowout.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                      Everytime Jack said anything to the refs, or his players, anytime he moved his arms, anytime he changed his expression, anytime he gave the ref $500 to throw the game, the UM fans went crazy.
                      Hey now, in Maine you have to bribe them with something they really could use. Like running water to their cabins. They'll give you anything if you can set that up.
                      Bugs Bunny - 96
                      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Pirate bring his "A" game today. Nice.

And let's not forget the water bottle game. I only wish I had seen that one live.

Other highlights include the 1991 HE Championship, the 1995 National Championship, and that crazy weekend in (94?) when Maine had to forfeit a bunch of games and dropped to 8th in HE. Ahh, memories.
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

Freep quoted Parker last night as saying E-Rod was 95% that he'd go tonight. Really wish they were still around here posting some of this information for those that don't use Twitter.

Also, before my time, but this seemed to be an enjoyable game to be at:
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Freep quoted Parker last night as saying E-Rod was 95% that he'd go tonight. Really wish they were still around here posting some of this information for those that don't use Twitter.

It totally was!!!! I remember that game well.

Comment

Don't forget the fight game in 03-04 when a not good BU team beat Maine 1-0 with a fight with 3 seconds left

National
                              Organization of
                              Men
                              Against
                              Amazonian
                              Masterhood

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post

Agganis has never rocked like that...

Comment

Working...
                                X