PDA

View Full Version : Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50

Harry Cleverly
02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
So Charlie Coyle now wants to go by Charles Coyle.
Charles Coyle sounds more like a student; Charlie Coyle sounds more like a hockey player.
I think the young man is very confused.

brassbonanza
02-01-2012, 02:47 AM
So Charlie Coyle now wants to go by Charles Coyle.
Charles Coyle sounds more like a student; Charlie Coyle sounds more like a hockey player.
I think the young man is very confused.

Split personality disorder?

I wouldn't be too concerned about Cisse in any long term way. There seems to be very little smoke here, I've scoured Twitter, Google, blogs, and anywhere any rumor would pop up. Outside of 3hock's post, which doesn't imply anything about him leaving, there's nothing.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Yes, the kid who reported Clendening was leaving, right?

Not so fast fanboy... he reported that someone was "considering leaving"... I don't think anyone has proven that he was wrong that there was some consideration. You know, similar to when the kid reported Coyle was gone and the freep denied that it was true because when the kid blogged about it he 'was still on the team as of right now' and everyone rushed to their defense because 'he wasn't gone yet' at the time the freepers put out a story that said it wasn't true (as we now know, it probably was but the freepers just didn't have any good sources and got scooped).

You fanboys come up with all your fanboy rules about what is right and wrong and conveniently try to change them and see if no one will notice. Nice try, though.

Nick Papagiorgio
02-01-2012, 08:23 AM
There seems to be very little smoke here, I've scoured Twitter, Google, blogs, and anywhere any rumor would pop up. Outside of 3hock's post, which doesn't imply anything about him leaving, there's nothing.

I haven't seen anything about him leaving BU but I honestly think there's a bit more than a little smoke here from what I've read from a potentially interesting individual.

mookie1995
02-01-2012, 09:08 AM
Not so fast fanboy... he reported that someone was "considering leaving"... .

Now that my 8a meeting with Bangalore is over, I am going to consider leaving a dump..... But don't hold me too it, I may change my mind. (and please, nobody entertain any idea of scooping me!!). :D

J.D.
02-01-2012, 09:51 AM
I believe they did, and he said Cisse was a healthy scratch who only dressed as a replacement in case a forward went down since they were platooning 5 D and keeping Rosen as a center. Supposedly, if a D went down, Rosen would move to D, and Cisse would enter as a forward. Why it was Cisse who was supposedly in this flux state and not Gilroy, I don't know.

Still doesn't answer why he was on the bench at the start of the game, but not for the third period.

Exactly.

But he has a real physical presence, obvious skill, and could be a real force with a more consistent effort.

He's got Destry Straight numbers, no? I wouldn't call that "obvious" skill. More like, they both have potential down the line, but who really knows?

13renclan
02-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Not so fast fanboy... he reported that someone was "considering leaving"... I don't think anyone has proven that he was wrong that there was some consideration.

Ah yes, must have seen his inmost thought and known that he was considering it. Oh wait, we're not talking about Hokydad? Never mind.

You fanboys come up with all your fanboy rules about what is right and wrong and conveniently try to change them and see if no one will notice. Nice try, though.

As opposed to what you just did, justifying some 11 year old's twitter scoops based on the "fanboy rules?" Mmk Nick, as you were.

brassbonanza
02-01-2012, 11:00 AM
Not so fast fanboy... he reported that someone was "considering leaving"... I don't think anyone has proven that he was wrong that there was some consideration.

That was his revised headline, after it became apparent that his original headline proclaiming a report that another player was leaving (he did not mention Adam by name) was proven to be unfounded. I'll give the kid some credit for having the scoop on Coyle, and I think the Freep could've asked him some better directed questions in order to refute or prove the kid's report.

I've actually heard elsewhere that 3hock's story is most likely the case of what happened. But I don't believe it to be something that'll immediately lead to his departure.

3hock
02-01-2012, 12:39 PM
That was his revised headline, after it became apparent that his original headline proclaiming a report that another player was leaving (he did not mention Adam by name) was proven to be unfounded. I'll give the kid some credit for having the scoop on Coyle, and I think the Freep could've asked him some better directed questions in order to refute or prove the kid's report.

I've actually heard elsewhere that 3hock's story is most likely the case of what happened. But I don't believe it to be something that'll immediately lead to his departure.

The team will work out what and if anything happens, but I would think there would be something, but nothing very serious for many reasons.

J.D.
02-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Not for many reasons...for one reason. The team needs bodies.

Federal League
02-01-2012, 01:03 PM
And because they've never had any issues with Cisse in the past. Sounds like the kid made a mistake, he admitted it, he'll get benched for a game or two, and then everyone will move on.

Agganis
02-01-2012, 01:05 PM
Not for many reasons...for one reason. The team needs bodies.

And because they've never had any issues with Cisse in the past. Sounds like the kid made a mistake, he admitted it, he'll get benched for a game or two, and then everyone will move on.

JD: Unhappy with four strikes you're out, and one strike you're in.

It's a shame that Jack has spent all his time focusing on which player decisions would make JD happiest.

brassbonanza
02-01-2012, 01:36 PM

It's a shame that Jack has spent all his time focusing on which player decisions would make JD happiest.

It's because he's an idiot.

J.D.
02-01-2012, 01:43 PM

You realize this doesn't make sense, right? Making a comparison like this makes it seem like I've been inconsistent. The two aren't contradictory.

So, am I not allowed to give an opinion on the matter? If I do, it comes to this?

It's because he's an idiot.

LOL. All I need to do is consider the source here. What did I say that is so idiotic? Does BU not need the bodies at this point?

brassbonanza
02-01-2012, 01:45 PM
LOL. All I need to do is consider the source here. What did I say that is so idiotic? Does BU not need the bodies at this point?

Wasn't referencing you.

Agganis
02-01-2012, 01:50 PM
You realize this doesn't make sense, right? Making a comparison like this makes it seem like I've been inconsistent. The two aren't contradictory

So, am I not allowed to give an opinion on the matter? If I do, it comes to this?

Well first you say he would have been way stricter, but the team is lacking depth, but earlier you were complaining that he was too lenient. Mildly contradictory. But yes you are consistent: Parker action=wrong.

What is the "it comes to this" that it came to? A post in an online message board?

J.D.
02-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Wasn't referencing you.

OK, Parker is an idiot for making decisions that would make me happy (another dumb point from Agganis as that hasn't been the case)? Did I get that right? If so, close enough.

Well first you say he would have been way stricter, but the team is lacking depth, but earlier you were complaining that he was too lenient. Mildly contradictory. But yes you are consistent: Parker action=wrong.

What is the "it comes to this" that it came to? A post in an online message board?

There is no contradiction whatsoever. He was too lenient with Trivino (prior the ultimate incident) and if no punishment is given to a player who leaves the bench during the game and leaves the rink...yes, that's being too lenient too. In all my years of watching, I can't remember something like this happening at the collegiate level. Perhaps if BU wasn't already down Trivino and Coyle, more of a punishment would be given. Guess we'll never know.

What I meant is, I give an opinion, and it somehow leads to your stupid post after it.

Federal League
02-01-2012, 02:15 PM
J.D.- What was your opinion of the Saponari and Glass dismissals? I'm not being facetious; I just honestly don't remember. But if you don't think they were warranted or you think Parker overreacted, then you're absolutely being contradictory. Those guys were given second (and third) chances just like Trivino and now Cisse.

Agganis
02-01-2012, 02:17 PM
There is no contradiction whatsoever. He was too lenient with Trivino (prior the ultimate incident) and if no punishment is given to a player who leaves the bench during the game and leaves the rink...yes, that's being too lenient too. In all my years of watching, I can't remember something like this happening at the collegiate level. Perhaps if BU wasn't already down Trivino and Coyle, more of a punishment would be given. Guess we'll never know.

What I meant is, I give an opinion, and it somehow leads to your stupid post after it.

This is my last post on this subject, sorry everyone else.

You say the only reason he is not suffering a serious punishment for his first offense is the team is down bodies, but yet you also complain that Cory suffered virtually no punishment for his first through third offenses. This does not make sense what so ever. There is nothing out there that would lead you to believe he changed his stance to be stricter, or that he changed his stance to be more lenient while they are down bodies, let alone to make both those assumptions.

Your continuous argument in this thread is you're free to post where you want when you want, but are now whining that I posted in response to you in a BU thread. This is too good.

brassbonanza
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
OK, Parker is an idiot for making decisions that would make me happy (another dumb point from Agganis as that hasn't been the case)? Did I get that right? If so, close enough.

The idiot reference really had nothing to do with either you, your comment, or anything in any way related to you.

Also, how do you know there is/was no punishment handed out to Cisse?