Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

So, Alabama-Huntsville just tied up Minnesota-Duluth 3-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      So, Alabama-Huntsville just tied up Minnesota-Duluth 3-3.
      how's the PWR lookin'??
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        how's the PWR lookin'??
        It's lookin' like it's still January.

But yeah, this was a fun weekend to cheer for BU.

Comment

Originally posted by buphd View Post
          it's lookin' like it's still january.

But yeah, this was a fun weekend to cheer for bu.
          :d

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            how's the PWR lookin'??
            Funny you should ask......

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Eh, nice to see but as mentioned, still only January. I also have very short term memory so this weekend and last won't mean anything to me if we get swept by Maine next weekend.

Comment

Any word on #26? He didn't play the second half of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                  Eh, nice to see but as mentioned, still only January. I also have very short term memory so this weekend and last won't mean anything to me if we get swept by Maine next weekend.
                  Trust me, you're preaching to the choir here.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                    Any word on #26? He didn't play the second half of the game.
                    Did anyone else at the game see what happened that caused Rodrigues to miss the rest of the game?

I missed it, but then saw him in his warmups sitting w/ the rest of his teammates that DNP. Had an ice bag on one hand and appeared to be moving around okay, so hopefully it's not serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                      Did anyone else at the game see what happened that caused Rodrigues to miss the rest of the game?

I missed it, but then saw him in his warmups sitting w/ the rest of his teammates that DNP. Had an ice bag on one hand and appeared to be moving around okay, so hopefully it's not serious.
                      I didn't see either but hopefully Parker just sat him for precautionary reasons and because he was confident the game was in hand? But yea, we can't afford anything serious so here's to hoping he is fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                        Nothing would surprise me, given how much parity there is - not just in HE but in the nation. Whatever team wants it more --and has goaltending-- is poised to win.

Yes, there are lots of reasons to miss #10, but the fact is that while he and #3 were on board earlier, PC beat BU 5-3. The Terriers we saw this weekend were an entirely different TEAM. I loved the defensive effort they showed in the last 10 minutes to preserve the shutout for Millan. They seem to be on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by goalguard View Post
                          Nothing would surprise me, given how much parity there is - not just in HE but in the nation. Whatever team wants it more --and has goaltending-- is poised to win.

Yes, there are lots of reasons to miss #10, but the fact is that while he and #3 were on board earlier, PC beat BU 5-3. The Terriers we saw this weekend were an entirely different TEAM. I loved the defensive effort they showed in the last 10 minutes to preserve the shutout for Millan. They seem to be on a mission.
                          It's been said before, and I'll say it again. Traditionally (excepting last season), BU is a better second half team. I'm sure the departures had some impact on the team, and we can definitely say this is the best kind of response to that kind of adversity.
                          Boston University 2009 Champs
                          Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                            It's been said before, and I'll say it again. Traditionally (excepting last season), BU is a better second half team. I'm sure the departures had some impact on the team, and we can definitely say this is the best kind of response to that kind of adversity.
                            You are right on about historically them being a 2nd half team which is totally contrary to the stupid incessant commentary by the BC folks that BU starts fast and fades after the Beanpot, the Beanpot is usually the start of a run and BU historically struggles before Christmas even in their dominant years..

Comment

Great weekend. Nice to get PC so soundly after that 1st loss. Where has this PP been all my life?

Really looking forward to next weekend. Should be some great college hockey games in a crowded house.

Cheers.
                              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jofa View Post
                                You are right on about historically them being a 2nd half team which is totally contrary to the stupid incessant commentary by the BC folks that BU starts fast and fades after the Beanpot, the Beanpot is usually the start of a run and BU historically struggles before Christmas even in their dominant years..
                                Sort of. Going back to Jack Kelly, the 2nd half surge has been trade mark and it still is, but since 1998, we have not seen the team peaking at tournament time. That is why the BC ribbing. With few exceptions, the Beanpot has NOT been the start of a run the last 10-12 years.

What was nice to see about last nights game was that team actually was more determined then the night before. They were not satisfied with winning 6-1 Friday and they played strong from 1st face-off to the end.

What I like about this team now is the balance and contributions from all lines. I also think they are playing better team D which is what is creating so many more scoring opps off turnovers.

This weekend vs Maine should be fun like some of the old battles with Maine a few years back.
                                Last edited by bantam75; 01-22-2012, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X