Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
    No, it's a pure exhibition. I wouldn't read too much into the outcome of the game, since I've seen the Under 18 Team beat some good D1 programs and lose to some mediocre D3 ones. I think it's just a chance to try some new things in a simulated game environment really.
    I wonder if Moscatel will get a chance to dress? Are there any other regulars with minor ailments that could use the extra day off?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Good solid win for BU.

The team played with a lot of effort and seemed to be good chemistry-wise from what I could see.

Outstanding stick work on Courtnall's goal as well.

When is USCHO going to realize that BU played last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Does Sunday's game count at all?
        girls...
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

now... WHY isn't this on the jumbletron when MC is in town? so sad....

Comment

Parker is apparently giving Clendening the game off, he's letting him fly home to spend a belated Christmas with his family for a couple of days and more importantly give him a couple of days off from hockey that he didn't get from the WJC. So he won't even be in town tomorrow for the game.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Can anyone explain Connolly's complete inability to score goals this season? He has had exactly 10 goals each season so far so maybe he's just saving them up and will score 10 goals in the Beanpot/HE tournament/NCAA tournament. Or he will just not score any goals. I say he either scores exactly 10 or 0, and I'm leaning towards 0.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Parker is apparently giving Clendening the game off, he's letting him fly home to spend a belated Christmas with his family for a couple of days and more importantly give him a couple of days off from hockey that he didn't get from the WJC. So he won't even be in town tomorrow for the game.

I thought he 'didn't care about the players except what they can do on the ice?' ;]

A good call all around, and I'm sure that the Clendening family appreciates it.

BTW, Clendening was excellent last night against Merrimack. He controlled the tempo when he was out on the ice and didn't have a careless give-away. If he can continue to play that way, he'll be the quarterback that he was billed as when he first came to BU.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                  You hit the nail right on the head Scarlet. I thought Parker sized it up best by saying this is STILL a very good team. They played like a very good team last night and beat a very good team in the process.
                  Not to get too carried away with one game, but looking at the schedule they have a ton of very winnable games ahead. Plenty of reasons to stay excited about this team.
                  It was a very good TEAM performance, and it made at least a one-game statement that they aren't going to fade away because of the loss of two quality players.
                  I'm still not completely sold on Merrimack. They are a decent, hard-working team with some fast skaters and a very good goaltender. I suppose there may be no elite teams this year, and they may be in the upper echelon.

Sahir Gill was a player possessed. Chiasson, Courtnall, Clendening and Millan all stepped up, in particular.
                  Very few opponents have their heads down when Cisse is on the ice.
                  Nice to see "Carlos" Santana back, too. He has limited ability, but he works his butt off. Rosen, Gaudet and Santana are a pretty decent fourth line for a team that just lost two top-line forwards.

As for the question about Connolly's lack of goals ... he's been a bit snakebitten. We know he can score, and he probably will. And will likely be a big goal. He is still doing all of the little things that often go unnoticed, he's working hard and he is a terrific penalty killer. He's only three goals behind Coyle, and he may match him with a hat-trick that wouldn't be a big surprise.

The three true freshmen - Hohmann, Rodrigues and Privaterra - are also playing bigger roles. If their production can match their effort, they'll help make up for some of what was lost, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    It sounded like they fixed them at some point during the game last night, at least on my side of the arena.

Good, solid win for BU last night. I thought everyone played pretty well. I was worried early in the second period - they seemed to have a lack of energy and once Merrimack scored their second goal it seemed like they might take control of the game. But they regrouped and finished Merrimack off. The power play looked pretty decent. If they had this power play at the last Merrimack game they would have won that one as well (didn't BU have like 467 power plays in that game?). The lack of one-timer shots continues to perplex me. Gill's goal was a one-timer. They need to shoot like that more often. Good things can happen when they do.

Does Sunday's game count at all?
                    Felt that the team showed a lot of character in stepping up at both ends of the ice. As for tonight's contest, it is an exhibition game counting for zero. Evidently 2 future Terriers are playing for that team. I, like Adam Cledening, will not be there as I need to regroup for work which comes very early on Mondays. Wish games were all Saturday night's but at lease Friday/Saturday allow time for recovery.

Besides Arkansas State is playing Northern Illinois in the GoDaddy. com bowl!

Comment

Haven't been too in sync with the recruiting thing. Who are the 2 BU recruits playing tonight?
                      Any over/under on attendance tonight?
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Yes, they played a game good enough to win.... But let's remember that UAH beat Denver this weekend too.

Too many penalties.
                        Canatta didn't stop everything.

Consistency has been the problem for the past 15 yrs. let's take it slow with the praise, mmmkay?

Comment

Lame game on a Sunday night? (Why on earth could they have not at least scheduled this for a Saturday night?) I have no idea, but I'm gonna guess about 3,400? I'm on the fence here about going.

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          Yes, they played a game good enough to win.... But let's remember that UAH beat Denver this weekend too.

Too many penalties.
                          Canatta didn't stop everything.

Consistency has been the problem for the past 15 yrs. let's take it slow with the praise, mmmkay?
                          I dont think anyone is overly praising here, but there is no need for a doom and gloom attitude either. I think Harry put it best by saying that the team made at least a one game statement that they are not going to roll over and cash in the season.

Penalties yes... again we were in the box more than we wanted to be, but thats been ongoing and a work in progress for much of the season.

I also agree with Harry in that I'm not completely sold on Merrimack, but at least for Friday night, they came out and put up a good perfomance against a team that is supposed to be one of the better teams in the country... so lets kive them an attaboy for that.

Comment

US Jr. National Team beat Northeastern 7-4 yesterday.
                            I'm sure it is a Sunday night game because that fit into the US Nats schedule and it didn't conflict with Frozen Fenway II.

They are giving away more BU hockey tee-shirts to the first 2,500 going to the game.
                            There will likely be a lot of kids in the stands. And Rollheiser in goal.

The two Boston University recruits playing for the Nats tonight are forward Matt Lane (2012) and defenseman Matt Grzelcyk (2013).

Comment

Haven't been too in sync with the recruiting thing. Who are the 2 BU recruits playing tonight?
                              The two BU recruits are #7 dman Matt Grzelcyk and #21 forward Matt Lane.. BC has two recruits on the team as well in forwards Brendan Silk and Frankie Vatrano. NU recruit Cam Darcy plays for the team as well. I wouldn't expect more than 3k tonight
                              GO BU

Comment

Odd coincidence: Dave "Sniper" Tomlinson is in town and a 3-5 Shortie is scored at Fenway (by UNH).

Comment

Working...
                                X