Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    like you dont stop to watch a flaming car wreck
    I don't pull over and laugh at him...
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF
      like you dont stop to watch a flaming car wreck
      Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
      I don't pull over and laugh at him... pour gas on it
      fixed that for SteveF

Comment

Merry Christmas Terriers................enjoy and be safe

Comment

Merry Christmas BU.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Coyle with 2 goals vs Slovakia in the last WJC exhibition game.

Comment

• Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              Coyle with 2 goals vs Slovakia in the last WJC exhibition game.
              Hard not to think of the kid as at least a bit of a backstabber or at least a quitter.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Hard not to think of the kid as at least a bit of a backstabber or at least a quitter.
                Backstabber maybe not. But quitter? Definitely.

Comment

• But most importantly, merry Christmas to all.

Comment

Whether he'd not been giving it 100% or wether Jack's offensive game plan was holding him back, he still was arguably the most talented kid on the team and no matter how you slice it, it's a big loss for BU.
                    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 12-25-2011, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      Backstabber maybe not. But quitter? Definitely.
                      I think both apply. I'll be rooting for the U.S. obviously at the WJC but he is going to fall into the BC player category where I'm rooting for the team but not certain individual players to play well..unless it's helping Clendening rack up the assists.
                      GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        quality kid, exceptional talent. BU was not the right program and time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Awww. A dead link. You shouldn't have!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            quality kid, exceptional talent. BU was not the right program and time to move on.
                            Conceding you have no obligation to do so, can you expand upon your "not the right program" comment? In what respects?
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              Whether he'd not been giving it 100% or wether Jack's offensive game plan was holding him back, he still was arguably the most talented kid on the team and no matter how you slice it, it's a big loss for BU.
                              I get to most BU games, so had lots of time to see Coyle, but never figured him out. He was strong, skilled, and for the most part played smart two-way hockey. But the fact remains, he scored 5 goals in calendar 2011. With 3 this season, he was trailing six teammates. What puzzles me is that he took only 25 shots in 16 games, in spite of being on the power play.

If you want to make a case for him, you'd have to say that he's a grinder not a scorer. In BU's 4-1 win over UNH, I thought he and his line played really well, but he didn't score a point. They just wore UNH down with battles on the boards and in the corners. That's important, no doubt about it. But it's a job that can be done by players who don't have Coyle's seeming skills. (Think John McCarthy.)

Sure, BU would be a better team with Coyle than without him, but Trivino was playing great in all phases of the game. He's the bigger loss by far. Coyle and Cisse had 4 goals between them to this point. My bet is that Cisse on his own will beat that easily the second half, especially as he'll be skating with better playmakers.

Comment

Not making light of the loss but he was never the same after world juniors last year. He seemed to be a very poor skater to me.

Big guy with great hands, no question, but Colin Wilson he's not. Not even a Brandon Yip or even a Keny Roche
                                Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X