Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Actually I've thoroughly enjoyed going to the games and cheering the team on, celebrating some good wins, and yes of course feeling a tough loss on occasion. And truly, particularly last year, I didn't expect a whole lot more than what we got. For though me the enjoyment factor has remained at a high level. I feel bad for you if you have not been able to enjoy it as well. I guess every team has some bandwagon fans though.
    Agreed. Even though BU fans should demand a high standard of excellence measured by the team's record and conduct, there has to be a certain level of enjoyment in going to (and watching/following/listening to) games.

If the only thing certain fan(s) want to do is gripe, to the point where their grudge against the team, head coach, etc. comes across as personal and even vengeful, then why bother supporting the program if it makes said person(s) angry, bitter and miserable? Why devote time, energy and money to follow the team and wish for failure so it triggers change? What reasonable and rational fan wishes that the team they "support" didn't win the biggest championship in their sport b/c they want to see the leader of that team/program fail?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
      Sounds like a good idea for a tv show that you could star in.

American (nose) Pickers
      Sounds good but I don't want all the publicity to cut into my side business of running the sports book at Maryanne's during BC athletic events.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Text of CHN/FL's interview with Clendening: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._not_going.php Not a lot of substantive answers on Trivino/Coyle, but he sure goes out of his way to reinforce that he's coming back next semester.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          Trivino seemed to be becoming a puck sniffer like Lawrence was his senior year, which lead to a lot of goals set up by other people, and by his ability to position himself in an open spot for a pass, or be in the right spot to grab a loose puck. I don't remember a lot of goals this year that he created on his own.
          So you're suggesting that anyone can fill that role of being the "puck sniffer"? If it were that easy I think you'd see a lot more average players scoring 25 goals a year. Finishing is an art that not many players have mastered.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
            Text of CHN/FL's interview with Clendening: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._not_going.php Not a lot of substantive answers on Trivino/Coyle, but he sure goes out of his way to reinforce that he's coming back next semester.
            That's about as Shermanesque as you can ask for. I think we can safely put the rumor that Clendening is leaving before next semester to sleep.
            #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
              So you're suggesting that anyone can fill that role of being the "puck sniffer"? If it were that easy I think you'd see a lot more average players scoring 25 goals a year. Finishing is an art that not many players have mastered.
              Not at all, I'm not sure where in that quote I implied that anyone could do it. We'll definitely need to try and find someone to fill that role, but as you note, it's not easy. It took Lawrence and Trivino to their senior year's to make big strides in the area.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Lawl.
                Originally posted by owslachief
                Furthermore, here are the best predictors of particular leagues:

Hockey East (9 points) ... sameoldfury

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  JD - I'm sure you do have a job in medical software, most likely in the mail room! Lets negotiate a price on the typewriter repair but it can't be for more than I can sell the thing for (about 35 bucks). Thanks again! - Rover.
                  Nope, don't work in the mail room. Work with the software and help the users at various hospitals across the country. Better find someone else to fix your typewriter.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                    Nope, don't work in the mail room. Work with the software and help the users at various hospitals across the country. Better find someone else to fix your typewriter.
                    J.D., he is just reeling you in like crazy right now...
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                      J.D., he is just reeling you in like crazy right now...
                      No worries, he's one of the few I'll play the game with. The more foolish I can make him look, the better.

Comment

Cool. I work in the same industry.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          No worries, he's one of the few I'll play the game with. The more foolish I can make him look, the better.
                          Like he needs any help with that.
                          Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

I finally figured out who the third guy to leave is...

Mike Boyle. Reportedly hired by the Red Sox.

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
                              Cool. I work in the same industry.
                              How can that be? I didn't go to BC/BU!!!

Comment

How can that be? I didn't go to BC/BU!!!
                                It can't possibly be true!

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                                X