Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Originally posted by TimP View Post
    He originally thought Clendening was a role player because on most teams he would be. Sux2BU are so bad that he's a top player for them. Er, WAS a top player for them.
    With BU smoknig the Beagles in 2 of the 3 matches those role players sure made those underacheiving Eaglets look foolish I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      Clendening is at idiot if he leaves. I really don't get what the rush is with him. First off, he's not even that good yet and is definitely not NHL ready. He's already improved from last year to this year and I'd like to think he owes part of that to his time here at BU. A lot of ppl have been comparing him to Shatty. Shatty was way better than Clendening is right now when he was a sophomore. And this isn't really important but Shatty was drafted a lot higher and even he stayed 3 years. In retrospect, I don't think anyone can argue that things worked out well for him as he is now one of the Blues top D.
      I agree Clendenning is nowhere near ready but this is one kid who is truly a legend in his own mind (and his family's) so his leaving for the pros would not surprise me in the least.

Comment

He originally thought Clendening was a role player because on most teams he would be. Sux2BU are so bad that he's a top player for them. Er, WAS a top player for them.
        Nope. Good try. He originally was using role player to describe a game-changer or dynamic player because he is not an expert of the english language to say the least. You do know that every team in HE uses "sux2BU" right? Or did you just think of it and think you got this great phrase going? Either way he is going to make WJC team for a reason. Please continue to display your stupidity though.
        GO BU

Comment

Can't imagine Chicago needs him to hurry up. Might just be a mix of their philosophy( wanting kids in the minors vs. NCAA) and the player being a bit delusional in terms of where he is.
          How much homework was he doing if his roomate was...? Similar situation?
          Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
            I agree Clendenning is nowhere near ready but this is one kid who is truly a legend in his own mind (and his family's) so his leaving for the pros would not surprise me in the least.
            Agreed. Clendening and his family have been looking for the fastest way for him to get to the pros for years. There was some doubt 2 years ago whether he'd ever arrive at BU and I admit I was even a bit surprised he returned for this season.

Comment

Keep in mind BC and clendening parted ways because of this. They couldn't get a firm commitment from him. He was always looking at major junior.

Comment

Originally posted by steakbomb View Post
                Can't imagine Chicago needs him to hurry up. Might just be a mix of their philosophy( wanting kids in the minors vs. NCAA) and the player being a bit delusional in terms of where he is.
                How much homework was he doing if his roomate was...? Similar situation?
                I don't think grades would be an issue. I'm pretty sure I saw Clendening turn down a "Sunday funday" on twitter to do school work and he is in CAS so he must be pretty serious about school. The rumor I read said that he was thinking of going to an OHL team not to turn pro because I don't think Chicago really wants to even sign him to the AHL yet but that's just my guess. Reblur said earlier that his dad was rumored to be pushing him to major juniors over the summer.
                GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                  I don't think grades would be an issue. I'm pretty sure I saw Clendening turn down a "Sunday funday" on twitter to do school work and he is in CAS so he must be pretty serious about school. The rumor I read said that he was thinking of going to an OHL team not to turn pro because I don't think Chicago really wants to even sign him to the AHL yet but that's just my guess. Reblur said earlier that his dad was rumored to be pushing him to major juniors over the summer.
                  I too heard that the root of this pressure was his dad, and not necessarily Adam.
                  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

CRIPPLE FIGHT! Keep fighting, fanboys. This is entertaining to all of us on the Hill.
                    The closest you have come to the "Hill" is the set of stairs you climb everyday out of your mothers basement Tmmay.

Comment

• Old man a little low on ducats these days?
                      Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                      I too heard that the root of this pressure was his dad, and not necessarily Adam.
                      Spaulding get your foot off the boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry
                        Does BC have a journalism program?
                        I understand that it occupies the same space as their medical school, dental school and graduate school of engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by reBlur View Post
                          "I only want to play hockey all the time". Selfish move by Coyle. We'll see if it works out for him.
                          It's his life, not yours. In the end, his decisions (like anyone's) will be based on whats better for him, not a bunch of whiny fans who feel they are owed something by college athletes.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                            It's his life, not yours. In the end, his decisions (like anyone's) will be based on whats better for him, not a bunch of whiny fans who feel they are owed something by college athletes.
                            I don't think she was calling it selfish because he owes the fans anything. I think she was making the point that bailing on your teammates half way through a season where they were currently 4th in the pairwise is selfish because he is only thinking about himself. In my eyes, when you commit to come back for a season, it is for the whole season not just the first half. Now the team is down a scholarship player that they could have used on a recruit if he had made this decision three months ago. I figured an Ivy Leaguer like yourself would be able to put that together
                            GO BU

Comment

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Did little mermaid or any of the other fanboys get scooped by that 9 year old kid again?

As far as his bad grammar and definition of role player, give the kid a break. He just spoke his first word and took his first steps not too long ago. Not that I'm surprised that this kid is still under the microscope after sneaking away with his mom's ipad and scooping everyone.

Last week sure was a doozy! That'll be the gift that keeps on giving for a long time.

Merry Christmas to everyone.
                              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                                I don't think she was calling it selfish because he owes the fans anything. I think she was making the point that bailing on your teammates half way through a season where they were currently 4th in the pairwise is selfish because he is only thinking about himself. In my eyes, when you commit to come back for a season, it is for the whole season not just the first half. Now the team is down a scholarship player that they could have used on a recruit if he had made this decision three months ago. I figured an Ivy Leaguer like yourself would be able to put that together
                                That I don't disagree with. Why is Parker signing players who can't commit 2-3 years and at least finish the season before leaving? It's very disruptive and hard to get consistency in a program when there's a revolving door of players. If Clendening leaves also, that's another hole in the lineup that's hard to fill.
                                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Working...
                                X