Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2011-2012 Season Thread: Part III: Now What?

What is the link to this wonder kid's blog about BC hockey? Never mind, I found it. Too funny.
    Last edited by irishfan85; 12-18-2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
      Give the Beagle posters credit for getting this tread totally off topic.
      This is pretty funny.
      Define 'on topic' for this thread.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
        How this came to be and how BU Hockey leadership contributed or didn't contribute to this catastophy for the program is what I'd prefer to be reading about on this thread.
        According to Connolly, he hasn't heard anything about Clendening possibly leaving. If he's telling the truth about not hearing anything, then I'd be concerned he's not in tune with the players. I'd also be concerned that Clendening has no idea how to self-evaluate. He's not ready to go pro when he can't play consistently at the college level. His dad attempted to push him to go Major Junior before he came to BU. Looks like he's still pushing that route.

It's also quite a show of character by Coyle to not even tell his roommate about a decision that was a month in the making. It looks to me like Coyle is going through a "I want to do things my way" phase. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense for him to play in the Q right now. Instead of playing against stronger 18-25-year-olds, he's playing against teenagers. He also doesn't like the partying lifestyle and doesn't drink. He hates being far away from home and went home all the time when he was at BU. I can't see him enjoying the off-ice activities in Major Juniors. It also doesn't make sense for him to not talk about it this type of decision with his supposed best friends on the team. From what I've heard, his parents also aren't huge fans of the "I only want to play hockey all the time". Selfish move by Coyle. We'll see if it works out for him.
        http://thebostonhockeyblog.blogspot.com/

Places I've watched college hockey: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Scottrade Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by srsterrier View Post
          You obviously don't know me very well. I also think it's time for Parker to retire and am a little too old to be a fanboy (thanks for the compliment though). Nice try.
          Don't forget that you are dealing with a "BU Fan" that basically said he was dissapointed that they won the National Championship because he wan't JP gone so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Jofa View Post
            Typical Parker loving fanboy not holding him accountable for the continued debacles with the program. My posts are a "riot" except for all the other people that have two eyes and half a brain.
            Just to clear things up, who exactly do you root for? No intention to flame, I'm actually not sure.
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
              Jesus, you guys sure are upset that you got your butts handed to you by a 14 year old kid who reported this stuff in between doing his long division homework.

This is hilarious.
              are you surprised?
              you saw what the freep sports writer has been posting on here for the past 3 seasons... AND he had some sorf of defense for the $60k community college thing that BU runs

one thing that surprises me is that so many players no longer seem to be able to put up with Parker's regimented approach. as much as I cannot stand him or the program, he gets results and develops talent (Coyle may be an outlier... LOTS of potential, but little development as far I could tell)

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                Don't forget that you are dealing with a "BU Fan" that basically said he was dissapointed that they won the National Championship because he wan't JP gone so much.
                Yes I did because I am looking long term and Parker was ripe for the picking prior to that and Gilroy and a few own goals saved his job. Now how have the last 3 years been treating ya? And get used to it boys.

Comment

Yes I did because I am looking long term and Parker was ripe for the picking prior to that and Gilroy and a few own goals saved his job. Now how have the last 3 years been treating ya? And get used to it boys.
                  I agree with you to a certain extent. It's unfortunate though because prior to this week, Parker looked like he had a squad that could definitely compete for the national title ANDDDDD I really think if he had success this year (i.e. frozen four), he would have retired. Now I'm not sure since I don't see us doing too hot in the second half. However, I think he'll retire sooner rather than later..., we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
                    Give the Beagle posters credit for getting this tread totally off topic.
                    I know this might be difficult for you, but care to explain?

Comment

Kevin Roeder scored on himself?
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        Just to clear things up, who exactly do you root for? No intention to flame, I'm actually not sure.
                        I was in house for all of the 1970's titles (NCAA, ECAC) and was with the program all the way thru the period before Parker thought he was bigger then the program, the school and anyone in it. He is a tired old drunk who's act grew old 10 years ago and has gotten progressively worse year after year. When Parker is gone I will vociferously root for the program again. Until then I can atleast grudingly appreciate the classy and talented program that York has built.
                        Last edited by Jofa; 12-18-2011, 04:02 PM.

Comment

Kevin roeder?

And know it all, since you..know it all, you should know parker hasn't been getting the results you seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Kevin Roeder scored on himself?
                            Do you know what an "own" goal is? Go check the highlights from the UNH, UVM and Miami games if you dont know.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Kevin roeder?

And know it all, since you..know it all, you should know parker hasn't been getting the results you seem to think.
                              Know it All just woke up from a coma he been in since the late 90's

Comment

Do you know what an "own" goal is? Go check the highlights from the UNH, UVM and Miami games if you dont know.
                                *****http://www.popsci.com/files/imagecache/article_image_large/articles/sarcasm01.jpg******
                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Working...
                                X