Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

2012-13 Non-Travel-Partner ECAC Schedule

11/9 @Dartmouth
    11/10 @Harvard
    11/30 Princeton
    12/1 Quinnipiac
    12/7 @Yale
    12/8 @Brown
    1/11 @Quinnipiac
    1/12 @Princeton
    1/18 Colgate
    1/19 Cornell
    2/1 Harvard
    2/2 Dartmouth
    2/8 @St. Lawrence
    2/9 @Clarkson
    2/15 Brown
    2/16 Yale
    2/22 @Cornell
    2/23 @Colgate
    3/2 Clarkson
    3/3 St. Lawrence
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

So that means that Black Friday will be November 30 unless we schedule our home game against Union earlier and Freakout! will be either Dartmouth or Yale, right?
      RPI Pep Band
      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by Senna View Post
        Babo is awesome, and extremely gracious.
        Yes
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          it works for me. i got it from this thread http://elf.elynah.com/read.php?1,173021. Does that work?

Conceivably, one has to be a member of eLynah. I'll post RPI's games in a few minutes.
          It worked for me as a non-member. Thanks for the link.

It's about time that Harvard / Dartmouth didn't have games scheduled during the weekend in between the first and second Mondays of February.
          Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
          So that means that Black Friday will be November 30 unless we schedule our home game against Union earlier and Freakout! will be either Dartmouth or Yale, right?
          Yes (since the game against Harvard isn't likely to be re-scheduled earlier). And, I find Yale the most likely opponent.
          Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

!
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

I hardly ever post here, but I'm doing so to call attention to my new signature, which I calculated after my return to my parents' place (my winter holiday home) from UConn this evening. At this point, I think we can safely conclude, statistically, that it's all my fault.

(The win, if you're curious, was over Michigan at the GLI. That's the game that's had to keep me warm for nearly six ****ing years and counting.)
              Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

How do we know they are a "weaker" team? As a program we're definitely among the greatest in ECAC Hockey history. Right up there with Cornell, Harvard, and Clarkson. We're the big 4. But how can we know that we're not weaker than Army this year when we didn't prove it tonight? Btw Seth's comment to Jason Klump disturbed me. He mentioned that he is finally gonna take control over the team now. What was he seriously doing during the first half? I understand the importance of senior leadership, but he should be the one running the team and calling the shots, not the captains.
                  Last edited by rjohntute; 12-31-2011, 02:25 AM.

Comment

I don't think it was as a bad a loss as some might think. Army played the same way they play every game - pack it in tight, stay close and hope for a good bounce. Check their record, they've done the same thing to about 7 or 8 other teams. I saw them earlier in the year against Merrimack and yesterday's game was almost a replay of that one except that Army got the final goal against us.

Other thoughts:
                    • Coach confirmed my impressions of the D on Thursday with his choice of benchings.
                    • Leonard really impressed me yesterday. He can skate.
                    • Dolan call was phantom as reported
                    • Our passing is awful. Even on easy passes with clear looks both Bergin and Bailen often can't put the puck on their teammates forehand. At one point Bailen was skating right to left across the offensive blue line looked right at the left D, turned right, glided about 6 feet into the zone and then passed it back to the backhand of the left d - from 10 feet away. Saw a very easy breakout pass up the wing to a wide open LW put about 6 feet behind the winger and told my 10 year old son that I would have been disappointed if he had made a smiilar play in a squirt game.
                    • Switch the goalies and we win that game about 5-1
                    • May seem counterinuitive but the goalie wasn't the problem on Thursday but might have been on Friday.
                    • Not to harp on the passing thing but this is part of the reason why we can't finish. Rogic's miss was a bouncing puck which he still should have buried but a better pass and it's an easy finish. My center on Friday morning would have put that right on my tape (of course he played on a certain team in 1985!)
                    • We are all speed and no finesse right now. Best play sequence of the game was when Bailen gained the blue line and slowed to a near stop. This opened up a gap as the d backed in with the RPI wingers. When an Army D did step up, Bailen dropped the puck to a trailing RPI forward who then had a clean path to the slot. The RPI puck carriers need to do this more often. 99 times out of 100 we go straight to the net at full speed which is essentially the drill that all defensemen practice from the age of 7. Mix it up boys.

There's no question to me that we have talent and things will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohntute View Post
                      Btw Seth's comment to Jason Klump disturbed me. He mentioned that he is finally gonna take control over the team now. What was he seriously doing during the first half? I understand the importance of senior leadership, but he should be the one running the team and calling the shots, not the captains.
                      It is a management/coaching style that is adopted and used by all of Gwozdecky disciples. Blasi at Miami also uses this style, as well as Blashill etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't as it really depends on the leadership within the team.
                      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                        It is a management/coaching style that is adopted and used by all of Gwozdecky disciples. Blasi at Miami also uses this style, as well as Blashill etc. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't as it really depends on the leadership within the team.
                        That is the most depressing thing I have heard all year.
                        I understand the coaching style. But do you have to wait for a 3-15 record to take control?
                        The offense is still not scoring more than 2 goals a game, the defense went on vacation and now the goal tending is out to lunch.
                        Did he have to wait until nothing was working to take control?
                        Friday, we are on national tv. I can't wait to hear how the announcers are going to spin our record. Injuries? young team? We have already used those things up.
                        I really believe that we have talent on this team, but they are running out of time to prove it.
                        Losing to Army has to be the low point of the season.
                        2012 Starts tomorrow, I hop that we will be ready for it.
                        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                        Benjamin Franklin
                        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                        Gary Player

Comment

From what I can tell, this team appears to be getting worse, not better and folds at the first mistake or tough call from the officials
                          Interesting to hear what people thought of Bergin this weekend because I think he may be one of the main problems. He has been awful in most of the games I have seen. He gives up the puck constantly, takes too many bad penalties and talks and baits the opponents non- stop.
                          Maybe Coachhas finally seen Enough and taking over the team means that the C will not be on Bergin's sweater from here on out.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                            There's no question to me that we have talent and things will get better.
                            +1 - You hit the nail on the head. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed these things, ie horrible passing. It's depressing to watch - but you can see the talent, which makes it even more frustrating to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              The offense is still not scoring more than 2 goals a game, the defense went on vacation and now the goal tending is out to lunch.
                              Anyone at a wedding yet?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• I agree too. We have the talent but unfortuntely we don't have the coaching. I don't like saying that but its true. SA lacks the coaching skills on how to use the players effectively. The players are afraid to make mistakes in fear of retaliation. At least somne of the players are. He clearly has his favorites who will continue to play no matter hoe many errors they make. Bailen is a very good player but unfortuntely SA has lost him by trying to conform him to his system instead of allowing Bailen to play to his strength.
                                Hockey is a team sport and not everyone scores. But they are just effective on the ice.
                                The team is not playing as a team and that is a direct reflection of coaching.
                                Don't get me wrong because I like SA, but he is in over his head right now. He has a talented group of young men and its not entirely their fault the season so far is dismal.
                                Yes, I think they change the season around, but SA needs to start thinking more out of the box. His system isn't working.
                                Doesn't meam he failed. It means that he has to be open for change. Put a player that can score, assist and hit on each line.
                                At this point what do we have to lose. Putting what he feel are 3 scorers on the same line isn't working.
                                Best of luck to SA and the team

Originally posted by HighlanderRPI View Post
                                +1 - You hit the nail on the head. I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed these things, ie horrible passing. It's depressing to watch - but you can see the talent, which makes it even more frustrating to watch.

Comment

Working...
                                X