Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Most successful coaches build a system around their team, as opposed to recruiting their team for a particular system. Also, everyone seems to think that the "trap"......1-2-2.....or whatever you want to call it, is a non-aggressive type system.

I totally disagree. You can take the "trap" or 1-2-2, and tweak it to make it as aggressive as you want on the 4-check. The key to this 4-check is that you have to be an unbelievable transition team. You have to be able to transition from defense to offense in one or two quick passes in order to attack!
    ie: Union...the best I've seen at it
    What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Expanding the ECACHL is an interesting proposition that was never mentioned.First off anything is doable....second with the advent of these super leagues there aren't going to be many quality out of conference games available anyways...third I don't believe these super leagues are done adding teams yet we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg,in fact I see the move of ND to the east as a temporary thing,it was their only option given the warp speed in which all this went down,it seems to me that the time has come where their football will need to join a conference they have avoided it for years but they are slowley being backed into a corner and as the football team goes so goes the hockey team coming to hockey east bought them some time to work out their TV deals....And fourth this realignment is all about money and TV is what brings the money so I believe the long range plan for NCHC is exactly what the name implies NATIONAL not western not mid west but national so the thought that they might attempt to start picking off some high profile teams from the east is not out of the question after all I believe The east coast is the largest TV market and I believe to bring in the big players NBC,CBS,ABC,ESPN or VERSUS the deal needs to be across the board and especially on the east coast ater all thats where all the TV sets are !!!!!...so to take the best of the rest and form an eastern league that encompasses the larger to mid size markets ie:Boston.Hartford.Albany.Rochester.Buffalo is not a bad idea and Im sure could be worked out.Bring out the black helicopters and standby its all good for college hockey !!!!!I'd like to wish everyone on the board a safe and enjoyable Christmas !!!
      What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troyboy View Post
        Expanding the ECACHL is an interesting proposition that was never mentioned.First off anything is doable.
        Sure, as long as we disregard the Ivies.
        ...second with the advent of these super leagues there aren't going to be many quality out of conference games available anyways.
        I thought that the super leagues were going with small conferences so that it's easier to get the autobids and have more out of conference games. Yea, most of those out of conference games are going to be against other super leagues, but there will still be some leftover "warm-up" games. I mean, they're going to have to find teams to beat up on in the beginning of the season. Might be AHA teams, might be bottom-of-the-barrel ECAC / WCHA teams. Who knows.
        ..third I don't believe these super leagues are done adding teams yet we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg,in fact I see the move of ND to the east as a temporary thing,it was their only option given the warp speed in which all this went down,it seems to me that the time has come where their football will need to join a conference they have avoided it for years but they are slowley being backed into a corner and as the football team goes so goes the hockey team coming to hockey east bought them some time to work out their TV deals.
        There is exactly one conference in all of NCAA Division I-A FBS that has an associated Division I Hockey conference. If you see Notre Dame joining the Big 10, then yes, Notre Dame hockey will follow the football team. Otherwise? I'm not buying it.
        ...And fourth this realignment is all about money and TV is what brings the money so I believe the long range plan for NCHC is exactly what the name implies NATIONAL ... they might attempt to start picking off some high profile teams from the east
        They tried. They failed.
        I'd like to wish everyone on the board a safe and enjoyable Christmas !!!
        You, too. Happy Hanukkah to Ralph, DrD, and any others that I may have missed, as well.
        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
          Sure, as long as we disregard the Ivies.
          I agree

I thought that the super leagues were going with small conferences so that it's easier to get the autobids and have more out of conference games. Yea, most of those out of conference games are going to be against other super leagues, but there will still be some leftover "warm-up" games. I mean, they're going to have to find teams to beat up on in the beginning of the season. Might be AHA teams, might be bottom-of-the-barrel ECAC / WCHA teams. Who knows.
          Exactly, the NCHC and the B1G will have more OOC games not fewer, however most will probably go to each other and WCHA schools. I am not sure about the HEA with 11 teams.

There is exactly one conference in all of NCAA Division I-A FBS that has an associated Division I Hockey conference. If you see Notre Dame joining the Big 10, then yes, Notre Dame hockey will follow the football team. Otherwise? I'm not buying it.
          I agree.

They tried. They failed.
          I doubt that they tried that hard. I also doubt that it would ahve made any difference if they tried harder.

You, too. Happy Hanukkah to Ralph, DrD, and any others that I may have missed, as well.
          Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you and everyone else too. The only one whom I know that you missed is RKarger.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I doubt that they tried that hard. I also doubt that it would ahve made any difference if they tried harder.
            BU and NU are the "outliers" in HEA by being the only private non-Catholic schools. But, NU doesn't have the history and BU isn't going anywhere without BC and a whole host of other schools. So, really, it's going to be very difficult for NCHC to expand eastward.
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

The only one whom I know that you missed is RKarger.
              Well there's me too, but I'm only a visitor.

Comment

BU and NU are the "outliers" in HEA by being the only private non-Catholic schools. But, NU doesn't have the history and BU isn't going anywhere without BC and a whole host of other schools. So, really, it's going to be very difficult for NCHC to expand eastward.
                Unless they want UAH.

not that UAH is that far east
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Thanks, and Happy Holidays to you and everyone else too. The only one whom I know that you missed is RKarger.
                  Thanks Ralph. I don't post very often, just lurk, so I don't mind though.

Comment

to all the friends on the board...Merry Christmas!
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and Season's Greetings to all. Not a creature was posting, not even Ralph Baer.
                      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad and Season's Greetings to all. Not a creature was posting, not even Ralph Baer.
                        Do I ever have a reputation! http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post5303275
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          You forgot Festivus! Which is strangely appropriate given the Airing of Grievances in this thread...

Here's hoping for some mental Feats of Strength this second half of the season for the team to pull out of this slump - starting with the UConn tourney.

Comment

Do not disagree with anyones thoughts here just throwing out my thoughts....college hockey even with all the changes now will not look anything like it does now in the near future...to think that our team or our league will not change wer'e kidding ourselves somethings going to give or be gone.I don't Know if Hagwell has it in him but he better start figuring it all out !!!!

Comment

I'll probably end up posting tomorrow, but big surprise, when don't I?

I will be hitting up the UCONN tourney next week.

Comment

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannukah to all!

No one's been posting today... must be a holiday/holy day. Blessings and good will to all.

I haven't been posting as much lately, but will get back into it... The last big contact for me was the tailgating party at HFH: posters, fun and food. Good times for all.
                                Here we come!

Comment

Working...
                                X