Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 - 12 Part IV: We ain't Bailen on this season yet, Go Red!!

Just want to wish all our friends a wonderful Hanukkah....my wish, perhaps in the next 8 days, is to get a recruit with the nickname, "the Hammer" Doc or RB can explain the significance
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      Just want to wish all our friends a wonderful Hanukkah....my wish, perhaps in the next 8 days, is to get a recruit with the nickname, "the Hammer" Doc or RB can explain the significance
      All the best, but we have never had a player named Judah.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by IMO View Post
        Babo I think it is great you are on and you identified yourself but I think you should take a page from Dr. D's play book and have a stiff one before you respond ever again.
        I will apologize now for this suggestion, but don't you think you need to choose your words carefully!!
        Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
          I will apologize now for this suggestion, but don't you think you need to choose your words carefully!!
          No need to apologize, especially considering who he's messing with...

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymascot View Post
            Clever! Dr. D knows I was being facetious and not in the way you are suggesting.

Comment

Clever! Dr. D knows I was being facetious and not in the way you are suggesting.
              I had almost thought that she DID have a few stiff ones before those posts...

Comment

WOW! I just read the new thread from the start to finish and am wondering what happened? Babo I think it is great you are on and you identified yourself but I think you should take a page from Dr. D's play book and have a stiff one before you respond ever again. You not only represent yourself but are a parent on this team and honestly it doesn't seem reasonable that you would post the way you did. I am not sure how you think those posts would shine a favorable light on you regardless who is right or wrong. And really-is anyone right or wrong? Isn't it a matter of perspective? I say do yourself a favor and stay away from this thread and from posting. You are far to close to this situation and have too much to lose by being involved in this kind of exchange. This may be a difficult season but let's remember we are approaching the Christmas Season and remember the reason for the season...that statement reflects the RPI season too...after all, these are young men attending college, working hard daily and playing games every weekend-a huge load to carry. Let's just give them a break because is just a game. Really!
                Correction-HOLIDAY SEASON!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  All the best, but we have never had a player named Judah.
                  nor Maccabee...but wait, how bout http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/...5&TeamId=11040
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    He doesn't look familiar.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

With a lull in the activity I was trying to think of what needs to happen the 2nd half of the season to change the culture of this RPI hockey team.

Ranked in importance IMO first is the forecheck. Needs to be 3 men at all times unless somehow they are protecting a 2+ goal lead late in the game. If odd man rushes are given up, so be it. If the defenseman are truly the strength of this team, let them show it. Let the opponent be the team that starts to wear down in the 3rd instead of RPI.

2nd is penalties need to be reduced. Another reason for this team tiring in the 3rd period. Might be stating the obvious here but have yet to see alot of discipline from this group.

3rd - SHOOT THE PUCK AND CRASH THE NET!!!! The extra pass is killing this team. Simplyfy the powerplay, get dirty and put the puck towards the net. If a certain group of forwards is not willing to do this, sit them down. Unless any of you are seeing a group of snipers that I am missing then this is a must if they are to get to 3 goals per game. With health always being an issue , changing linemates shouldn't be a big issue with this approach.

Lastly, play Diebold more. Nothing against Merriam but there is more upside on a guy that is nearly 5 years younger. Lets see what he has going back to back a few times. With a minimum of 19 games left, Merriam will still get his chances.
                      Last edited by johnk; 12-21-2011, 03:03 PM.

Comment

No offense to you John since you're not the only one, but.... there's no N in Merriam!
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          No offense to you John since you're not the only one, but.... there's no N in Merriam!
                          Corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                            Corrected.
                            That proves that you aren't Ed Weaver.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                              3rd - SHOOT THE PUCK AND CRASH THE NET!!!! The extra pass is killing this team. Simplyfy the powerplay, get dirty and put the puck towards the net. If a certain group of forwards is not willing to do this, sit them down. Unless any of you are seeing a group of snipers that I am missing then this is a must if they are to get to 3 goals per game. With health always being an issue , changing linemates shouldn't be a big issue with this approach.
                              Confidence issue, mayhaps? I know, great thing to teach when you're 3-13. However, you're absolutely correct that garbage goals is how you win a game. Sportscenter (even the ESPNU version) doesn't care about hockey, so there's no reason to try to get on there with a fancy move or play. If you get a goalie that swallows up everything, that's going to happen. Don't always go for the cookies. Get some rebounds off the pads or stick. Get large bodies in the front. A player like Rabbani may have an interesting skating style, but he's like a rock out there. Get the monsters in front of the net. Make it tough on the defence to clear it out. Read the puck as it's coming in, and crash the net to get the rebounds. You may be able to stuff it home. If not, try next time, and keep wearing them down.

Comment

There is strikingly little that is ever posted on this board that I take seriously. It was obviously facetious and taken as such. Sometimes things are taken a bit too literally on these threads. The only thing that gets my blood pressure out of control is when we give up a winning goal with a couple of seconds left in the third period. Everyone on here is entitled to their respective opinions and thoughts.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X