Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chargers at Beavers! Let the Games Begin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chargers at Beavers! Let the Games Begin!

It is Huntsville week up in Bemidji! Hopefully this isn't the last time these two teams meet, us "old timers" would love to see this rivalry continue!

Is Huntsville staying in Minnesota this week? Looks like they picked a great week weather wise to stay if they did!

I gotta say it..... Who Hates Huntsville?
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Re: Chargers at Beavers! Let the Games Begin!

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    It is Huntsville week up in Bemidji! Hopefully this isn't the last time these two teams meet, us "old timers" would love to see this rivalry continue!

Is Huntsville staying in Minnesota this week? Looks like they picked a great week weather wise to stay if they did!

Yes, staying up there, think they heading to Bemidji at some point today.

Comment

Let's Go Chargers!

Thanks to BSU for helping us with the home-and-home this season and last.
      Michael Napier - UAH '97
      uahhockey.com

UAH Chargers Hockey
      U.S. National Club Champions - 1982, 1983, 1984
      NCAA Division II National Champions - 1996, 1998
      CHA Regular Season Champions - 2001, 2003
      CHA Tournament Champions - 2007, 2010

Comment

Who hates Bemidji? GFMORRIS HATES BEMIDJI!

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

As a student, I'm extremely disappointed this game was scheduled right after the conclusion of finals week. Finals end on wednesday so I can't imagine many of us will be sticking around for the weekend series... quite a shame since both the freshman and sophomore classes haven't experienced the rivalry before.

My drunk arse will be there though, and I will definitely be letting everyone know who truly hates huntsville!

Comment

Originally posted by thegreenmachine View Post
            As a student, I'm extremely disappointed this game was scheduled right after the conclusion of finals week. Finals end on wednesday so I can't imagine many of us will be sticking around for the weekend series...
            Not much they can really do. Two - three series basically have to be over Christmas or Spring break, and it ends up that they are OOC games - better than hosting just about any WCHA team. Heck, the first round of playoffs would be at the tail end of Spring Break, should BSU end up hosting...

Originally posted by thegreenmachine View Post
            quite a shame since both the freshman and sophomore classes haven't experienced the rivalry before.
            And this is how a rivalry dies. Honestly, by next year, when BSU isn't scheduled* to play UAH, most students will have no recollection of "Who Hates Huntsville" beyond some random cheer they have heard. Maybe the rivalry renews if UAH joins the WCHA, but in all reality - it's over.

*at least for now. If the proposed exemption is passed, who knows.
            Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
            B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
            CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
            ECAC:
            HEA: UMass
            NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
            Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
              And this is how a rivalry dies. Honestly, by next year, when BSU isn't scheduled* to play UAH, most students will have no recollection of "Who Hates Huntsville" beyond some random cheer they have heard. Maybe the rivalry renews if UAH joins the WCHA, but in all reality - it's over.

*at least for now. If the proposed exemption is passed, who knows.
              You know, it was over for our kids a while back. Some of ours thought that Robert Morris was the big rival after Troy Maney dropped mitts with a Colonial. [I always want to say Rob Cowan, but that's too long ago for him.] You can try only so hard. Rivalries happen when you're playing spirited contests.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Portara hates Huntsville!!!
                bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Thank God that Altenkirch loves hockey and that Lou Lamoriello reminded him of that with a phone call on his first day on the job.

GFM
                  Geof F. Morris
                  UAH BSE MAE 2002
                  UAHHockey.com

Comment

Busy Sports in the Round tonight...
                    6pm - Ben Stowe talking about the expanded hours of the Beaver Dam Store in the Sanford Center
                    6:30pm - Chris Luongo will join us at the Ground Round (what else is there to do in Bemidji for a whole week?!?!)
                    7pm - John Carlson and Neil Huewe to talk about the Paul Bunyan International Hockey Tournament

Listen online at http://beaverradionetwork.com at 6pm (central)

Comment

GAMEDAY! Can't wait for noon to hit and work will be over!
                      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Go Beavers!!!

Comment

So a 3-0 Beavs win, but an ENG and an EAG on a penalty. Glad to see the boys hang in. That's how we get Ws right now: hang on tight, dump and chase, avoid odd-man rushes. It's not pretty, but it can be effective.

The center-ice goal shots of last weekend made Puck Daddy. Who said it was fair for Orlando to be flinging pucks?!

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Good games this weekend. Would like to make one observation. The Captain on Huntsville needs to be commended. I was watching him a lot this weekend and he showed calm poise and leadership when it came to his team. On more than one occasion he went over and instructed the younger players and seemed to have a reassuring smile on his face the entire time. Always nice to see leadership skills at work in young men.

Comment

Working...
                            X