PDA

View Full Version : D111 poll rankingl 12/12/2011

delfan
12-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Voters for D111 rank poll, please vote on record,division, competition, etc not previous year

Ranked SNC 7-3-3
Wisc-Superior 7-4-2n
Elmira 7-5
Wisc. Eau-Clarie 8-4

Not Ranked UST Univ. of St. Thomas 8-3-2

Others?

OSU2010
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking

PSUChamps2001
12-11-2011, 09:32 PM
4-11-1
NCHA>MIAC

Take your pick...

snc1
12-12-2011, 05:27 AM

That the team he roots for is ranked.

norm1909
12-12-2011, 06:15 AM

As a St. Thomas fan, he is noting that an 8-3-2 record is "worth" 17 points, whereas 7-3-3 is also 17pts, 7-4-2 is 16pts, 7-5 is 14pts and 8-4 is 16pts - therefore St Thomas deserves to be ranked with or above the other teams - true - IF you ignore all other criteria. For example, ignoring the previous year diminishes the value of their win over Adrian, no wait, maybe that ISN'T part of his point.

For the record, I am impressed that St Thomas has - and continues - to find a way to travel east, providing however ackward, some benchmark to compare east-west teams.

joecct
12-12-2011, 06:38 AM
Polls are opinions on where the voters THINK the teams should be. Rankings are based on facts.

The NCAA selection seems to be a combination of both.

westscout
12-12-2011, 11:03 AM
St. Thomas is good. They have not however played a single NCHA team this year. They have lost two and tied once with Concordia, and tied St. Olaf. The other blemmish came at the hands of Buff. State.

I would say that they are very similar to St. Olaf and Concordia. Good team that struggles vs. NCHA.

Westscout

Sir Nubs
12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
This week's USCHO Division III Poll is LAUGHABLE! Seriously, do any of the voters spend any time on Monday looking at results and the quality of those results? Adrian is ranked 7th but was tied in the third period in both games against a horrid Concordia team. Six of their eight wins are against the three worst teams in their league. What's that you say? Adrian split with nationally ranked MSOE? Let's look at MSOE...losses to St. Mary's and Bethel and an OT win against St. John's - teams that will all likely finish in the bottom half of the MIAC at season's end. The best six teams in the West this year could all be in the NCHA - Adrian's series at Stevens Point could determine if that is a true statement.

St. Thomas probably should be ranked, considering they beat the "seventh best team in the country this week" in Adrian 3-1 earlier in the year. C'mon pollsters, start spending more than five minutes while wiping the sleep out of your eyes on Monday morning when casting your ballot. You're embarrassing yourselves, USCHO and Division III hockey.

NorthernLite
12-12-2011, 02:11 PM
This week's USCHO Division III Poll is LAUGHABLE! Seriously, do any of the voters spend any time on Monday looking at results and the quality of those results? Adrian is ranked 7th but was tied in the third period in both games against a horrid Concordia team. Six of their eight wins are against the three worst teams in their league. What's that you say? Adrian split with nationally ranked MSOE? Let's look at MSOE...losses to St. Mary's and Bethel and an OT win against St. John's - teams that will all likely finish in the bottom half of the MIAC at season's end. The best six teams in the West this year could all be in the NCHA - Adrian's series at Stevens Point could determine if that is a true statement.

St. Thomas probably should be ranked, considering they beat the "seventh best team in the country this week" in Adrian 3-1 earlier in the year. C'mon pollsters, start spending more than five minutes while wiping the sleep out of your eyes on Monday morning when casting your ballot. You're embarrassing yourselves, USCHO and Division III hockey.

C'mon Nubbsie......you missed the best part !
Adrian moved up to 7th this week from 9th ............without even having to play......that's just how good they are !!!

norm1909
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
Adrian moved up to 7th this week from 9th ............without even having to play......that's just how good they are !!!

And Norwich who can't even beat Plattsburgh is number 1 - BUT - St Thomas garnered 16 points

December 12, 2011

Others receiving votes: St. Scholastica 33, Curry 26, St. Thomas 16, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 12, New England College 1.

bakdraft21
12-12-2011, 04:17 PM
Adrian moved up to 7th this week from 9th ............without even having to play......that's just how good they are !!! D3hockey.com has Adrian at 12 and a few others moved around

VT bragging rights
12-12-2011, 05:30 PM
"And Norwich who can't even beat Plattsburgh is number 1 "

Norwich tried to beat Plattsburgh. The handicap they gave the birds with a no goal call and a minor penalty Wick recieved with 1 1/2 minutes to go in the game was to much to overcome. Oh well you win some & tie some. :):)

NorthernLite
12-12-2011, 05:32 PM
D3hockey.com has Adrian at 12 and a few others moved around

Probably right where they should be at this stage. A sweep of UWSP would likely help them in both Polls. Anything less and they will drop. The MCHA teams have not helped themselves in N/C play.

NUProf
12-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Since the poster who made this post is a Plattsburgh fan, I assume that the post was T-I-C. For reasons of propriety, I won't comment here concerning the accuracy of this poll.

norm1909
12-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Since the poster who made this post is a Plattsburgh fan, I assume that the post was T-I-C. For reasons of propriety, I won't comment here concerning the accuracy of this poll.

+1, though I believe the poll accurately portrays the NCAA selection process - the result of applying modal logic in a smoked filled room - where the smoke isn't necessarily from tobacco.