D111 poll rankingl 12/12/2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D111 poll rankingl 12/12/2011

Voters for D111 rank poll, please vote on record,division, competition, etc not previous year

Ranked SNC 7-3-3
    Wisc-Superior 7-4-2n
    Elmira 7-5
    Wisc. Eau-Clarie 8-4

Not Ranked UST Univ. of St. Thomas 8-3-2

Others?

Re: D111 poll rankingl 12/12/2011

I'm not sure what you're asking
    http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

4-11-1
      NCHA>MIAC

Take your pick...
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
        That the team he roots for is ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU2010 View Post
          As a St. Thomas fan, he is noting that an 8-3-2 record is "worth" 17 points, whereas 7-3-3 is also 17pts, 7-4-2 is 16pts, 7-5 is 14pts and 8-4 is 16pts - therefore St Thomas deserves to be ranked with or above the other teams - true - IF you ignore all other criteria. For example, ignoring the previous year diminishes the value of their win over Adrian, no wait, maybe that ISN'T part of his point.

For the record, I am impressed that St Thomas has - and continues - to find a way to travel east, providing however ackward, some benchmark to compare east-west teams.
          Larry Normandin
          SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
          WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Polls are opinions on where the voters THINK the teams should be. Rankings are based on facts.

The NCAA selection seems to be a combination of both.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

St. Thomas is good. They have not however played a single NCHA team this year. They have lost two and tied once with Concordia, and tied St. Olaf. The other blemmish came at the hands of Buff. State.

I would say that they are very similar to St. Olaf and Concordia. Good team that struggles vs. NCHA.

Westscout

Comment

This week's USCHO Division III Poll is LAUGHABLE! Seriously, do any of the voters spend any time on Monday looking at results and the quality of those results? Adrian is ranked 7th but was tied in the third period in both games against a horrid Concordia team. Six of their eight wins are against the three worst teams in their league. What's that you say? Adrian split with nationally ranked MSOE? Let's look at MSOE...losses to St. Mary's and Bethel and an OT win against St. John's - teams that will all likely finish in the bottom half of the MIAC at season's end. The best six teams in the West this year could all be in the NCHA - Adrian's series at Stevens Point could determine if that is a true statement.

St. Thomas probably should be ranked, considering they beat the "seventh best team in the country this week" in Adrian 3-1 earlier in the year. C'mon pollsters, start spending more than five minutes while wiping the sleep out of your eyes on Monday morning when casting your ballot. You're embarrassing yourselves, USCHO and Division III hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Nubs View Post
                  This week's USCHO Division III Poll is LAUGHABLE! Seriously, do any of the voters spend any time on Monday looking at results and the quality of those results? Adrian is ranked 7th but was tied in the third period in both games against a horrid Concordia team. Six of their eight wins are against the three worst teams in their league. What's that you say? Adrian split with nationally ranked MSOE? Let's look at MSOE...losses to St. Mary's and Bethel and an OT win against St. John's - teams that will all likely finish in the bottom half of the MIAC at season's end. The best six teams in the West this year could all be in the NCHA - Adrian's series at Stevens Point could determine if that is a true statement.

St. Thomas probably should be ranked, considering they beat the "seventh best team in the country this week" in Adrian 3-1 earlier in the year. C'mon pollsters, start spending more than five minutes while wiping the sleep out of your eyes on Monday morning when casting your ballot. You're embarrassing yourselves, USCHO and Division III hockey.
                  C'mon Nubbsie......you missed the best part !
                  Adrian moved up to 7th this week from 9th ............without even having to play......that's just how good they are !!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                    Adrian moved up to 7th this week from 9th ............without even having to play......that's just how good they are !!!
                    And Norwich who can't even beat Plattsburgh is number 1 - BUT - St Thomas garnered 16 points

December 12, 2011

Others receiving votes: St. Scholastica 33, Curry 26, St. Thomas 16, Wisconsin-Eau Claire 12, New England College 1.
                    Last edited by norm1909; 12-12-2011, 02:47 PM.
                    Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernLite View Post
                      D3hockey.com has Adrian at 12 and a few others moved around

Comment

"And Norwich who can't even beat Plattsburgh is number 1 "

Norwich tried to beat Plattsburgh. The handicap they gave the birds with a no goal call and a minor penalty Wick recieved with 1 1/2 minutes to go in the game was to much to overcome. Oh well you win some & tie some.

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          D3hockey.com has Adrian at 12 and a few others moved around
                          Probably right where they should be at this stage. A sweep of UWSP would likely help them in both Polls. Anything less and they will drop. The MCHA teams have not helped themselves in N/C play.

Comment

Since the poster who made this post is a Plattsburgh fan, I assume that the post was T-I-C. For reasons of propriety, I won't comment here concerning the accuracy of this poll.
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
                              Since the poster who made this post is a Plattsburgh fan, I assume that the post was T-I-C. For reasons of propriety, I won't comment here concerning the accuracy of this poll.
                              +1, though I believe the poll accurately portrays the NCAA selection process - the result of applying modal logic in a smoked filled room - where the smoke isn't necessarily from tobacco.
                              Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Working...
                              X