PDA

View Full Version : MTU at NMU, Friday, Dec. 16: Our Assistant Coach Can Beat Up Your Assistant Coach

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

aparch
12-12-2011, 04:07 PM
In the 68 games between Tech and Northern during that time period, you won 37 times and lost or tied 31 times. Not exactly a dominant performance like it should've been. ;)
Nope. Sounds more like NMU treating those match-ups like exhibition games. Let the freshmen get some ice time, tinker with line combos, don't get hurt. :D

(and I await someone to discuss NMU being shutout by York a few years back...)

stuckinwi
12-12-2011, 04:14 PM
Having not posted in here yet make it harder to find than it needs to be... but I have nothing relevant to say...

So I'll go with Northern Sucks. That is all. :D

devildog
12-12-2011, 04:16 PM
It's OK! Fans across the league have been warned. This fan is extremely prepared!

http://www.orangecoat.com/files/yeti/pee-wee-bike-locked.jpg

That's classic. I wish I could be there this weekend.

geezer
12-12-2011, 04:34 PM
Seriously, though, I look forward to the two NMU v Tech games this year. They didn't play at the beginning of the season, as they often do, and have had time to work things out in many ways. Northern has definitely had their ups and downs. With Tech "on" this year, I think it will be two hard fought contests.

You're right. Even though certain fans will never be ready to admit that Tech should be allowed on the same ice as the "almighty Wildcats", for real hockey fans there is potential for two excellent games this year. I have to figure out if I'll be able to get away Friday evening, it could be fun.
Also aparch, take a look at the 3 games between the two teams last year, Tech's worst year in their history. Go ahead, look it up. This series might not be as easy to predict as you assume.

aparch
12-12-2011, 04:37 PM
It's OK! Fans across the league have been warned. This fan is extremely prepared!
http://www.orangecoat.com/files/yeti/pee-wee-bike-locked.jpgThat's classic. I wish I could be there this weekend.

Better not use a Kryptonite lock...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-9bN0zfMFW4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aparch
12-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Also aparch, take a look at the 3 games between the two teams last year, Tech's worst year in their history. Go ahead, look it up. This series might not be as easy to predict as you assume.When did I predict the outcome of this weekend? :confused:

RaceBoarder
12-12-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH WOMEN ARE HUSKY!!!!

And holy crap, we do suck against Tech... I knew the series was somewhat close, but jeez.... That really should be a much wider margin...

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
the "almighty Wildcats"

Do any of the drunk Marquette townies actually believe that? Please, I could always use a laugh. :D

NMUFAN
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech has treated the NMU games the last few years like its their championship. The Cats, like aparch said, seem to aproach it differently.

Now that the Huskies are playing well and with great confidence, they just might steamroll the Cats if they get off to an early lead. The Tech players seem to realize what this rivalry is all about but our players the last few years don't seem to view it the same way.

I know it's not entirely accurate but it seems like we've given the Huskies half of their wins and ties the last few years.

NMUFAN
12-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Do any of the drunk Marquette townies actually believe that? Please, I could always use a laugh. :D

Actually, no. Even the most die hard NMU fans (me included) know they are no better than their last game.

FadeToBlack&Gold
12-12-2011, 07:51 PM
You're right about the different approaches to these games. I think a lot of that has to do with Walt Kyle's attitude towards Tech. Perhaps that will change as Tech continues to improve and we're playing for conference points in a couple of years, but in my time as a fan I've gotten the impression that Walt has never cared about this series or respected the Huskies as a team (and perhaps rightfully so). There was Trophygate back in 07-08 (Sorry Twitch, I know that season never happened). My senior year, 08-09, I can remember him showing up to a game in Houghton wearing a turtleneck like he'd just rolled out of bed a few hours earlier and couldn't be bothered to struggle into a suit and tie. So yeah, I think Walt has always been more interested in beating U of M, MSU, and even LSSU. He looks at Tech as a couple of tuneup games they have to play because tradition dictates it and they can't get anyone better to fill the schedule without paying out the arse for travel.

aparch
12-12-2011, 08:11 PM
You're right about the different approaches to these games.

Yep. Except that Walt does respect MTU a little; it was Jamie Russell's antics that pi**ed him off. Jamie wanted the stupid Tuesday games, and Jamie would wait to call Walt to schedule the non-conference series. That's why next season, we're supposedly not playing you at all. That may have changed when Mel took over.

geezer
12-13-2011, 10:45 AM
what is general admission cost?

davyd83
12-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Yep. Except that Walt does respect MTU a little; it was Jamie Russell's antics that pi**ed him off. Jamie wanted the stupid Tuesday games, and Jamie would wait to call Walt to schedule the non-conference series. That's why next season, we're supposedly not playing you at all. That may have changed when Mel took over.

We are playing Tech next year. Two extra dates are available because NMU goes to Fairbanks.

davyd83
12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
NMU is 2-4-2 in its last eight vs Tech.

geezer
12-13-2011, 11:05 AM
what is general admission cost?

ok I found it. $14, + $6 per kid. I might bring some nephews.

bigblue_dl
12-13-2011, 11:55 AM
We are playing Tech next year. Two extra dates are available because NMU goes to Fairbanks.I'm glad to hear this. I think this will become a very heated rivalry again fairly quickly when Tech and NMU are back in the same conference. May as well get it started early, and not skip a year in the rivalry.

Twitch Boy
12-13-2011, 01:40 PM
There was Trophygate back in 07-08 (Sorry Twitch, I know that season never happened).

*throws chair*

4th line scrub
12-13-2011, 01:49 PM
And go Tech.

Can i start the petition to change your moniker to "Brenthoughton"?

geezer
12-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Can i start the petition to change your moniker to "Brenthoughton"?

you wasted your annual post on that? ;)