NCAA Championship Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Championship Survey

Wednesday I received an email requesting I take a survey about the NCAA championship experience for college sports fans. I don't see any other thread about it and I'm interested if anyone else received it. I thought it was very well done and allowed for detailed replies, which I took advantage of. Some ideas mentioned included preferred benefits for longtime attendees, something I responded I'm strongly for. They also want to know what will prevent me from continuing to attend every year. The survey is for all championships, with just the sport changed depending on which one you select. Based on the questions and choices I got the impression that the NCAA seems to be concerned about losing their core fans for these events.
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
    BU Hockey highlights and extras
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
    I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Re: NCAA Championship Survey

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
    Wednesday I received an email requesting I take a survey about the NCAA championship experience for college sports fans. I don't see any other thread about it and I'm interested if anyone else received it. I thought it was very well done and allowed for detailed replies, which I took advantage of. Some ideas mentioned included preferred benefits for longtime attendees, something I responded I'm strongly for. They also want to know what will prevent me from continuing to attend every year. The survey is for all championships, with just the sport changed depending on which one you select. Based on the questions and choices I got the impression that the NCAA seems to be concerned about losing their core fans for these events.
    Did you respond that you will no longer attend any NCAA events until the BCS is gotten rid of?
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Did you respond that you will no longer attend any NCAA events until the BCS is gotten rid of?
      this.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
        Got this 2 years ago. Don't know the purpose as have not heard of any results or changes in the works from then...
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

How about starting by axing the NCAA's insistence on turning every NCAA championship event into the most sterile, non-collegiate, soulless experience on the face of the earth? Next stop: A rational approach to regional locations.

Comment

I also got one a few years ago, but as I recall it had different choices and nothing about rewarding fans who attend every year.

Sean
            Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
            Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
            BU Hockey highlights and extras
            NCAA Hockey Financials
            Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
            I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Any idea what priority level the email was sent to?
              Soon to be lurking for two decades !

Comment

I received the email and responded. Max seniority. As long as they don't put another FF in a stadium, I'm happy.

Comment

Putting the Frozen Four up in Detroit in 2010 was a mistake and was a gimmick. Should have played it at Joe Louis Arena. I'm hoping the NCAA selects JLA soon for a regional or the Frozen Four, Because I don't see the old Joe lasting much longer.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                    Putting the Frozen Four up in Detroit in 2010 was a mistake and was a gimmick. Should have played it at Joe Louis Arena. I'm hoping the NCAA selects JLA soon for a regional or the Frozen Four, Because I don't see the old Joe lasting much longer.
                    That would be a sad day to see the Joe gone but nothing is sacred, Olympia went by the wayside when the old girl no longer met the needs.

Comment

I received a survey about 2 days ago
                      I had complained about seating for high priority ticket holders
                      Again emphasized without us, locations such as Tampa and Anaheim would never be viable

Comment

Working...
                      X