Straight on through Seney, NMU vs LSSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Straight on through Seney, NMU vs LSSU

If I go, can I be sure of seeing Trumpeter Swans?

Comment

Pink in the Rink this weekend, as well, with silent auctions and other things going on.

http://www.sooeveningnews.com/newsno...nk-in-the-Rink
      Embrace the hate.

Comment

Two hours til the puck drops. Hopefully NMU can stay in the game.

GO CATS!!!

Comment

Gutsy and gritty win on the road tonight for the Cats against what sounds to be a much improved LSSU team from years past.
          Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
          M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Watched Friday's game on the LSSU America One feed. Even though Northern was out shot 2 - 1, this was a pretty even game. Yes, Coreau made some good saves, but the NMU "D" did not let the Lakers get many "quality" shots. The Laker online announcer said it perfectly after NMU scored the game winner: "good hard work down around the Laker net...This is their (NMU) MO right to the tee, get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game." I think that sums it up nicely.

Obviously, Northern needs to get more shots on goal. Only six minutes in penalties for NMU, so that's good, and they're very proficient at the PK. But their 5 on 4 (or 6 on 5, whatever you want to call it) power play is not happening for them the last couple of games. They can't seem to cycle the puck very good. Other than that, I think they can hang with anybody.

But, the Lakers will be out for a W tonight and Northern will have to play as well or better tonight. As the great one said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." So, shoot the puck no matter what.
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
              Only six minutes in penalties for NMU, so that's good, and they're very proficient at the PK. But their 5 on 4 (or 6 on 5, whatever you want to call it) power play is not happening for them the last couple of games. They can't seem to cycle the puck very good. Other than that, I think they can hang with anybody.
              Third best PK in the nation currently at 91.5%. Only Yale and Robert Morris are better.
              Twenty first best PP in the nation. Ohio State is the ONLY CCHA team with a better Power-play percentage though.
              Our combined special teams is TOPS in the nation currently.
              Last edited by aparch; 12-10-2011, 12:04 PM.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

"Originally Posted by aygwm2
                Only six minutes in penalties for NMU, so that's good, and they're very proficient at the PK. But their 5 on 4 (or 6 on 5, whatever you want to call it) power play is not happening for them the last couple of games. They can't seem to cycle the puck very good. Other than that, I think they can hang with anybody."

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Third best PK in the nation currently at 91.5%. Only Yale and Robert Morris are better.
                Twenty first best PP in the nation though. Ohio State is the ONLY CCHA team with a better Power-play percentage though.
                Our combined special teams is TOPS in the nation currently.
                Agreed, they are a very good special teams team. I was just saying that their 5 on 4 (or if you want, 6 on 5) PP the last couple of games (other than the 5 on 3 goals they scored against Miami), has looked a little shaky of late. No complaints from me really, they are a very gritty, grind it out type team, which has been the case for a while and I think if they keep it up they can make the rest of the season interesting. But, who knows.

"The Laker online announcer said: "good hard work down around the Laker net...This is their (NMU) MO right to the tee, get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                  Watched Friday's game on the LSSU America One feed. Even though Northern was out shot 2 - 1, this was a pretty even game. Yes, Coreau made some good saves, but the NMU "D" did not let the Lakers get many "quality" shots. The Laker online announcer said it perfectly after NMU scored the game winner: "good hard work down around the Laker net...This is their (NMU) MO right to the tee, get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game." I think that sums it up nicely.

Obviously, Northern needs to get more shots on goal. Only six minutes in penalties for NMU, so that's good, and they're very proficient at the PK. But their 5 on 4 (or 6 on 5, whatever you want to call it) power play is not happening for them the last couple of games. They can't seem to cycle the puck very good. Other than that, I think they can hang with anybody.

But, the Lakers will be out for a W tonight and Northern will have to play as well or better tonight. As the great one said: "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." So, shoot the puck no matter what.
                  Did you watch the game live last night on the American One network? The video feed kept on freezing every 2-3 minutes for the 1st and 2nd period. It worked fine in the 3rd period though. I was just wondering if you had any of these problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                    Did you watch the game live last night on the American One network? The video feed kept on freezing every 2-3 minutes for the 1st and 2nd period. It worked fine in the 3rd period though. I was just wondering if you had any of these problems?
                    No problems last night with the video feed. The audio was rather metallic sounding in the 2nd and 3rd. I liked the LSSU radio announcer.

Sometimes with my crappy AT&T DSL connection, I have had brief "freezing" problems every few minutes or so. I'll run a Speedtest and see that my connection is slow for some reason. Lately it's been OK.

Hope your able to watch tonight, because your Lakers are finding the back of the net.

Comment

Working...
                    X