Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO @ UND: Dave vs Dean, and another chance to step up a rung on the ladder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO @ UND: Dave vs Dean, and another chance to step up a rung on the ladder.

I guess this thread could have just as well been hosted in the UND season thread since UNO only has 2 fans posting on USCHO but sometimes formalities are what keep us from being associated with the rabble. Go!
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Re: UNO @ UND: Dave vs Dean, and another chance to step up a rung on the ladder.

This should be a good bellwether series for both sides. If either side can come away with 4 points they will put themselves into position to try and win a MacNaughton in the second half of the season. I have yet to see UNO play, but if they are like any other Dean Blais-led team I'm sure they will be fast and physical. It seems as though the Mavericks have yet to settle on a goalie. As for the Sioux, they need to continue to improve defensively, keep getting sound goaltending, and I would like to see scoring from all four lines this weekend. A split is the most likely result, but I think if the Sioux can keep up their momentum from the past two weeks, they stand a good chance at taking 3+ points. Here is how I would post odds on the series at this point...

North Dakota takes 3+ points: 35%
    Split: 45%
    UNO takes 3+ points: 20%
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Re: UNO @ UND: Dave vs Dean, and another chance to step up a rung on the ladder.

Sioux against Dean Blais coaching the Pittsburg Penguins?

DA SIOUX

Comment

Hoping for a split! Last year UNO laid a giant egg the week before coming to GF and then played really well so hopefully history can repeat itself. GO MAVS!

Comment

Might as well hi-jack-a-thread also.....

"The Team" formally known $OuIX get's swept. DeanO's squad will be ready.

More posts in the Goof's vs.Tech thread then here.
          Nice Jersey's though!

Take two Tebow's and Grimaldi me in the morning!
          Bozone (n.): The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

Comment

Sioux sweep.

*****http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RzCgL6chyhw/R4qNHVJY9gI/AAAAAAAAAEM/6OmYT4g90QU/s320/UND+SALUTE.jpg******
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by satnu View Post
              Might as well hi-jack-a-thread also.....

"The Team" formally known $OuIX get's swept. DeanO's squad will be ready.

More posts in the Goof's vs.Tech thread then here.
              Nice Jersey's though!

Take two Tebow's and Grimaldi me in the morning!
              What in hell is that guy talking about?

There are two outcomes: UNO tends goal, and gets points, or it doesn't, and doesn't. Also, won't Dean be MIA at World Junior? Nonetheless, these matchups have been entertaining so far.

Finally, this: As long as the Fighting Irish exist and the Fighting Sioux don't, the NCAA is a racist organization.

Good luck.

Comment

This series should be fun. The Sioux are young, but they have some young guys with speed and skill, and Deano's teams are no strangers to race-horse hockey. Would love to be there.

Comment

I know that the Sioux will have Forbort this weekend, but will Blais be available for this series? Either way they should be great games, though hopefully we can hold UNO off the scoresheet a bit better than we did CC...
                  '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
                    I know that the Sioux will have Forbort this weekend, but will Blais be available for this series?
                    Blais is out of eligibility.
                    "My greatest achievement."
                    Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                      This.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
                        Medical redshirt?
                        '59, '63, '80, '82, '87, '97, '00, [BANNER PENDING]

Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by icelund View Post
                          Medical redshirt?
                          It's ok, Your skin will get thicker with time.
                          "My greatest achievement."
                          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Could have gone either way tonight, I think. UNO-UND is shaping up to be Shakespeare the way it was meant to be played.

Comment

Great win!! Winning goal sounds like a beauty. Is there video anywhere?

Comment

Working...
                              X