PDA

View Full Version : UNO @ UND: Dave vs Dean, and another chance to step up a rung on the ladder.

Pages : [1] 2

cross cheque
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
I guess this thread could have just as well been hosted in the UND season thread since UNO only has 2 fans posting on USCHO but sometimes formalities are what keep us from being associated with the rabble. Go!

Fighting Sioux 23
12-05-2011, 06:33 PM
This should be a good bellwether series for both sides. If either side can come away with 4 points they will put themselves into position to try and win a MacNaughton in the second half of the season. I have yet to see UNO play, but if they are like any other Dean Blais-led team I'm sure they will be fast and physical. It seems as though the Mavericks have yet to settle on a goalie. As for the Sioux, they need to continue to improve defensively, keep getting sound goaltending, and I would like to see scoring from all four lines this weekend. A split is the most likely result, but I think if the Sioux can keep up their momentum from the past two weeks, they stand a good chance at taking 3+ points. Here is how I would post odds on the series at this point...

North Dakota takes 3+ points: 35%
Split: 45%
UNO takes 3+ points: 20%

burd
12-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Sioux against Dean Blais coaching the Pittsburg Penguins?

DA SIOUX

LincolnMav
12-06-2011, 12:07 AM
Hoping for a split! Last year UNO laid a giant egg the week before coming to GF and then played really well so hopefully history can repeat itself. GO MAVS!

satnu
12-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Might as well hi-jack-a-thread also.....

"The Team" formally known $OuIX get's swept. DeanO's squad will be ready.

More posts in the Goof's vs.Tech thread then here.
Nice Jersey's though!:(

Take two Tebow's and Grimaldi me in the morning!;)

cross cheque
12-07-2011, 10:59 AM
Sioux sweep.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RzCgL6chyhw/R4qNHVJY9gI/AAAAAAAAAEM/6OmYT4g90QU/s320/UND+SALUTE.jpg

MavRick
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Might as well hi-jack-a-thread also.....

"The Team" formally known $OuIX get's swept. DeanO's squad will be ready.

More posts in the Goof's vs.Tech thread then here.
Nice Jersey's though!:(

Take two Tebow's and Grimaldi me in the morning!;)

What in hell is that guy talking about?

There are two outcomes: UNO tends goal, and gets points, or it doesn't, and doesn't. Also, won't Dean be MIA at World Junior? Nonetheless, these matchups have been entertaining so far.

Finally, this: As long as the Fighting Irish exist and the Fighting Sioux don't, the NCAA is a racist organization.

Good luck.

burd
12-07-2011, 05:18 PM
This series should be fun. The Sioux are young, but they have some young guys with speed and skill, and Deano's teams are no strangers to race-horse hockey. Would love to be there.

icelund
12-08-2011, 07:16 PM
I know that the Sioux will have Forbort this weekend, but will Blais be available for this series? Either way they should be great games, though hopefully we can hold UNO off the scoresheet a bit better than we did CC... :cool:

darker98
12-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I know that the Sioux will have Forbort this weekend, but will Blais be available for this series?
Blais is out of eligibility.

MavHockey14
12-09-2011, 02:47 AM
This. :D

icelund
12-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Medical redshirt? :rolleyes:

darker98
12-09-2011, 12:52 PM
Medical redshirt? :rolleyes:
It's ok, Your skin will get thicker with time.

MavRick
12-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Could have gone either way tonight, I think. UNO-UND is shaping up to be Shakespeare the way it was meant to be played.

LincolnMav
12-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Great win!! Winning goal sounds like a beauty. Is there video anywhere?

cross cheque
12-10-2011, 02:59 PM

This might be one my favorite series, UNO is a hard working team that is just fun to watch.

darker98
12-10-2011, 03:08 PM

Beer forced me to the bathroom. I never made it back to my seat. I did see the top of the UNO players head and I could just tell he beat Dell.

Pants
12-10-2011, 03:23 PM
I love this series, it's just great hockey. Last year, they split each others home barns in great games. At UNO there was a 6-5 UND win followed by a 1-0(last minute) UNO win, then at UND, UNO pulled out a 8-4 win followed by a 4-2 loss. They combined for 30 goals in four games.

Last nights UNO win was only a 2-1 game, but a fun one to watch. As a UNO fan, here's to hoping for a sweep!

unomavfan
12-10-2011, 05:48 PM
These 4 games are quickly becoming my favorite of the year and I'm glad that they are going to continue in the new conference. Great goal by Walters to win it, and good to see Faulkner come out of the funk he's been in lately. Should be another good one tonite.

icelund
12-10-2011, 06:57 PM
Bad news (again), Knight will be out a few weeks with a lower-body injury. Did anyone catch what happened? That stings, but we'll have Mario back and Hak has done some shuffling to fill the void.

O'Donnell - Nelson - Kristo
Lammy - Rowney - Parks
Macmillan - Gaarder - Rodwell
Senkbeil - Pattyn - Gleason

Forbs - Blood
Mac - Mattson
Simps - Panzarella

Dell gets the nod again in net.