Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAMI @ NMU - Fri & Sat December 2 / 3, 2011

Any thoughts...

Northern will be playing without three of their defenseman on Friday (Game misconducts after the 11/19 MSU game).
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Re: MIAMI @ NMU - Fri & Sat December 2 / 3, 2011

It will be refreshing to play a team that spends more time in the penalty box than we do

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
      It will be refreshing to play a team that spends more time in the penalty box than we do
      Hey, if you're not first, you're last.

All the way down to 4th in PIM, somebody tell Spinell & McKenzie to step their game up.

Comment

Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
        Right, Northern needs to stay out of the box.

NMU: 247 PIM -- Miami: 208 PIM (#1 and #2 in the CCHA)

Northern's a bit better at the "kill" than Miami by about 6%.

Both NMU and Miami aren't putting the puck in the net as well. Miami is 8th and NMU 9th in CCHA scoring offense. NMU gives up more goals: 2.90:2.40

Miami must be missing Camper and Miele this year.
        Last edited by aygwm2; 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Stuff to read--

From NMU:

http://webb.nmu.edu/Sports/SiteSecti...&display=short

(Amazed that Northern leads the all-time series 31-19-3. But they're only 8-15-2 in the last 25)

and Miami:

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...112911aab.html
          Last edited by aygwm2; 12-02-2011, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
            Stuff to read--

From NMU:

http://webb.nmu.edu/Sports/SiteSecti...&display=short

(Amazed that Northern leads the all-time series 39-13-3. But they're only 8-15-2 in the last 25)

and Miami:

http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...112911aab.html
            How does NMU manage to have only 13 losses all time in the series, and also 15 losses in the last 25 games. Does not compute.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              How does NMU manage to have only 13 losses all time in the series, and also 15 losses in the last 25 games. Does not compute.
              I thought I was missing something.

But if you want to talk about funny all-time records. Look at Miami's all time playing @ Yost. I think when we swept there 2 years ago it increased our win total to 3.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                You are right, I was going by what the article said. I went back and looked here http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/...ek8-Miami2.pdf and find that the series is:

31 - 19 - 3 That's my count now, but the Game Sheet says 32 - 19 - 3. I don't know.

Sorry about that...

Unfortunately for NMU, Miami has won more often than not since the beginning of the 2002-2003 season.
                Last edited by aygwm2; 11-30-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

You are right, I was going by what the article said. I went back and looked here http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/...ek8-Miami2.pdf and find that the series is:

31 - 19 - 3 That's my count now, but the Game Sheet says 32 - 19 - 3. I don't know.

Sorry about that...

Unfortunately for NMU, Miami has won more often than not since the beginning of the 2002-2003 season.
                  True, but you guys have hurt us pretty bad in the post season in our own barn recently

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                    True, but you guys have hurt us pretty bad in the post season in our own barn recently
                    The 08-09 season seems a long time ago...

Comment

The 08-09 season seems a long time ago...
                      And yet Dane Hetlend and his chicken seem like they were in MQT just yesterday
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        I feel like I should respond to this, but I'm ashamed to say...I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          A story, please...

Comment

A story, please...
                            It must be good for a fan of another team to even know who the hell Dane Hetland is.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
                              It must be good for a fan of another team to even know who the hell Dane Hetland is.
                              I looked him up here: http://www.muredhawks.com/sports/m-h...nd_dane00.html

I posted this on the NMU season thread--something else to read from _The Mining Journal_: http://www.miningjournal.net/page/co....html?nav=5010

Comment

Working...
                              X