Home and home UNH/UML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home and home UNH/UML

Should be a very interesting series between Lowell and UNH this Friday and Saturday, starting at the Tsongas on Friday. UNH is 4-4-1 in conference play, Lowell is 4-3, putting them one point behind UNH but with two games in hand.

Lowell has freely admitted they were embarrassed by their play at the Whit a couple of weeks ago in a 5-0 loss. They've responded well since then, with two straight shutouts by Doug Carr. Lowell fans are assuming UNH will have to face Carr both games this weekend, but then again, I was shocked to see Robbins in there up at UNH.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: Home and home UNH/UML

UML wins 6-4 at Lowell and UNH wins 5-1 at the Whitt... UNH couldn't stop a nosebleed on the road and they're dominant at home.

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      UML wins 6-4 at Lowell and UNH wins 5-1 at the Whitt... UNH couldn't stop a nosebleed on the road and they're dominant at home.
      Obviously it would suck to lose a season series, but a split wouldn't be terrible for Lowell at this point.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Obviously it would suck to lose a season series, but a split wouldn't be terrible for Lowell at this point.
        that we can even say this is certainly a sign of progress... i'll take the split and move on.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Should be a very interesting series between Lowell and UNH this Friday and Saturday, starting at the Tsongas on Friday. UNH is 4-4-1 in conference play, Lowell is 4-3, putting them one point behind UNH but with two games in hand.

Lowell has freely admitted they were embarrassed by their play at the Whit a couple of weeks ago in a 5-0 loss. They've responded well since then, with two straight shutouts by Doug Carr. Lowell fans are assuming UNH will have to face Carr both games this weekend, but then again, I was shocked to see Robbins in there up at UNH.
          We saw the effort Lowell came back with against the Minuteman two weeks ago; I'm going to be more interested to see how this relatively young squad responds at home (in front of an anticipated large, mostly partisan crowd) to a UNH team that pretty much waxed the floor with them at the Whitt. While I do see UNH winning on Saturday, I think the boys come up with a big but close win on Friday.

If Lowell is able to take two points from each weekend and finish with 12 points or higher with 16 to play, I'm going to be a very happy camper.
          - John

2013, 2014, 2017: UML Hockey: Hockey East Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
            If Lowell is able to take two points from each weekend and finish with 12 points or higher with 16 to play, I'm going to be a very happy camper.
            Yeah, not much to complain about on our end if it works out that way. Considering how terrible last season was and the positive steps we've seen (so far), it's been fun and I can't/don't want to see it stopping.
            Monty

Comment

FYI the Stanley Cup will be at the arena Friday night....I might be in attendance to see it...haven't seen a UNH game in person since the miracle finish against UND.
              UNH Wildcat Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by UNH GH View Post
                FYI the Stanley Cup will be at the arena Friday night....I might be in attendance to see it...haven't seen a UNH game in person since the miracle finish against UND.
                Open at 5:30 for the general public to get pictures taken, a bit earlier for season ticket holders. Which is great because they're allowing us to come in, get the picture and then leave back to the bar (or wherever).
                Monty

Comment

Open at 5:30 for the general public to get pictures taken, a bit earlier for season ticket holders. Which is great because they're allowing us to come in, get the picture and then leave back to the bar (or wherever).
                  Who will be accompanying the Cup at Tsongas?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                    Who will be accompanying the Cup at Tsongas?
                    The Hall of Fame staff, I believe. Not a Bruin.
                    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Open at 5:30 for the general public and then leave back to the bar (or wherever).
                      Where else would someone go?
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

This might be the quietest ever thread for a home and home between these two teams.

And there are other things people could do than go to a bar. I, of course, can't think of a one.
                        Monty

Comment

Might see if I can run downtown for a bite before the game. Depends on how early I can get there.
                          UML 2007 B.S. Meteorology, 2012 M.S. Meteorology

2013 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                          2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions.
                          2017 Hockey East Tournament Champions.

http://storm.uml.edu
                          https://***********/umlweatherman

Comment

UNH really needs four points this weekend to create some separation. Lowell and PC, each with two games in hand on the Cats, are just a point back. However the Friars arent likely to get any points this weekend, so a UNH sweep would be huge to put them in the drivers seat for the final home ice spot.
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                              I guess I was wrong with tonight's prediction but I stand by tomorrow's. All three UML goals were off of awful rebounds left by Digi. I thought overall, it was a decent game. Didn't catch the shenanigans at the end of the game as it was obstructed from our view, what happened? I love that building when it's near full like that. Kudos to UML for the win and for getting the Stanley Cup in the building which definitely helped bring a few extra thousand fans. Good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                              X