Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec 3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec 3?!

Seems weird that we may be done with each other for the year by Dec 3rd.

I epxect 2 games very unlike the last game at the heights. Should be nailbiters all around.

Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

Given the results of the last match-up, and the way BU is playing as of late, I will be disappointed if we don't win at least one of these games. They've already won the season series against UNH, would nice to do so against BC as well.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

I agree with that. I guess I'm predicting a split of some sort this weekend. I'm guessing BC will come out flying with a score to settle from the last time at conte. BU had better bring their A game Friday night because you know BC will.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
        Given the results of the last match-up, and the way BU is playing as of late, I will be disappointed if we don't win at least one of these games. They've already won the season series against UNH, would nice to do so against BC as well.
        the head to head is probably over rated when you are talking these two teams because they are always top four anyway and that's really all that matters............. after 5-0 , BC had better come out flying with that stuck in the back of their minds...

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
          Seems weird that we may be done with each other for the year by Dec 3rd.
          so then you are figuring BU is going down in the first round of the Beanpot this year?

Comment

I think the key will be whether BU can prevent BC from scoring within the first 10 mins. I'm sure BC will come out flying considering how they played against us the last game and they have some good momentum going as well with a strong game against ND and a confidence-boosting come back win against a good Yale team.

Comment

I agree with Scarlet.
              "It's big. It's red. It's probably infected!"
              Great chant.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

These two games could easily define BU's season. Two wins would make it extremely difficult to miss the NCAA tournament. Two losses puts us barely over .500 and limping into the break. I feel a split coming, but couldn't guess who wins which nights or by how much. BC has finally come back down to Earth and BU is getting it together (it seems), although that really won't matter come this weekend. Anyone who thinks they can predict these games is kidding themselves. I'm just happy we don't have that losing streak hanging over us anymore.

Also, to be honest I'd rather see BC in the beanpot final than NU. Not only because it would be a better game, but because I enjoy the BU-BC rivalry more than the NU "rivalry". Although if we don't start playing well more consistently and making it to the NCAA's every year, we may actually end up on NU's level (kinda like Vinny Saps). By the way, has anyone got some good chants for Mr. Saponari when NU comes here?

Comment

Do we need to start sandbagging on this series too?

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                    What do you mean? They're ranked #2/3, we're only #13. We'll be lucky with a tie.

Comment

I know. Maybe we can tie one but we're getting plastered 7-0 in the other for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by BUPhD View Post
                        Mookie the King of Sandbagging can and will answer that

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                          I think the key will be whether BU can prevent BC from scoring within the first 10 mins...
                          It would be an improvement over last year's game when BC scored a handful of goals in the first 10 minutes.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Safety school.

...That felt *right*, you guys. It felt *right*.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                              Safety school.

...That felt *right*, you guys. It felt *right*.
                              He's right. I didn't get into MIT. I would say that almost every school in the country is a "safety school" for some students. Was anyone there when NU chanted safety school at us last year? That confused me.

Comment

Working...
                              X