Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec 3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
    So are you calling your own school Trust fund babies? You can't just put quotes around something and pretend I said it. Also if you would like to re-read my quote, I said nothing about the winner. I only said it would be a better game. I do remember last year's beanpot and it was a good game as was the one the year before. Thank you for proving my point. I'm just really not sure what got you all hot and bothered about my post.
    First off my school is actually RPI not BC. Secondly the "Trust Fund Babies" are Harvard. I put it in quotes because it is a chant commonly used by students when playing Harvard, I was in no way pretending that you said it. So if you re-read you post you were saying that BU will beat Harvard. Beanpot games are always great games no matter who is playing, and I was not trying to disprove your point. Finally I did not got "bothered and hot" by your post, I was simply replying to post to stir up the rivalry all in good fun. You seem to be the one getting "bothered and hot."
    Lets go RED!!
    And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

They might. You can always buy tickets from scalpers at the game. Does anyone know if there are tickets for the BU-BC basketball game on sunday available to BU students?
      Hoops game is Saturday at 2 and they are going online for or 15 through BU ticket office. I don't know how long they will hold on to the extra tickets though so I would call first. They have had them since last Tuesday. BU ticket office sold whatever tickets they had for the game at Conte this morning at 10 for 25 each and there was a line of 40-50 students looking to buy them when they opened so there won't be many if any left by now.
      GO BU

Comment

I read your post as if it was a BC fan referring to themselves as trust fund babies and made no sense to me. Your explanation makes sense now. I am hoping and expecting BU to beat HU but anything can happen in the Beanpot. I must admit I don't really know how HU is doing this year so my expectations of making it to the second round are purely based on past experience (excluding last year) and bias towards BU.

Comment

Originally posted by cnor79 View Post
          First off my school is actually RPI not BC.
          If that's the case, why is Let's Go BC more prominent in your sig?

Comment

Are you sure it's at 7? Hockey East Online has it as 7:30, but they're unreliable at best.
            Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            as does BCEagles.com
            I went back to the Scoreboard section of this site to double check and it does still say 7pm. Maybe that's when coverage starts but the game itself starts at 7:30?

Comment

I read your post as if it was a BC fan referring to themselves as trust fund babies and made no sense to me. Your explanation makes sense now. I am hoping and expecting BU to beat HU but anything can happen in the Beanpot. I must admit I don't really know how HU is doing this year so my expectations of making it to the second round are purely based on past experience (excluding last year) and bias towards BU.
              I am happy to clarify that for you. Harvard is not doing great but they are not doing bad. They are 2-3-2 in the ECAC which makes them tied for 5th with 6 points in the ECAC. They have only played one out of conference game against UNH which they won 7-6. But really none of that matters when it comes to the Beanpot. If I have learned anything from following college hockey for many years now is that stats, especially for big games, mean nothing, and that in order to win you have to play every game expecting to lose. If you expect to win then you will lose. Yale proved that in their game against Sacred Heart.

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              If that's the case, why is Let's Go BC more prominent in your sig?
              That is because I, for the most part, grew up as a BC fan. I went to every Beanpot for about 8 straight years starting when I was 10 till I graduated highschool and went to pretty much every BC home game throughout highschool. Now I go to RPI and thus I support them. So basically I support (in this order) RPI, BC (although they are really close and probably tied for first), and any team that is playing BU, Clarckson, or Notre Dame.
              Last edited by cnor79; 11-29-2011, 11:18 AM.
              Lets go RED!!
              And BC!

Sucks to BU Clarkson

Houston Field House, Conte Forum, Agganis Arena, Thompson Arena, Alfond Arena, Lawler Arena, Whittemore Center, Schneider Arena, Appleton Arena, Tsongas Center, Ingalls Rink, Times Union Center, TD Garden, Scottrade Center, Fenway Park, Herb Brooks Arena, Verizon Wireless Arena, DCU Center, Richard H. Rockett Ice Arena, Matthews Arena

Strike out ALS

Comment

Chestnut Hill Comm. College 11
                Boston U 1

And the 1 will be a fluke off the netting and down Milner's leg. We don't have a prayer. Just skip the game.
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  A few thoughts:

1) Can our friends at The Heights tell us what the final score is going to be for the Friday game? I mean, it wouldn't be the first, or second, time someone was fixing final scores at a Boston College athletic contest.
                  let me call my cousin Vito and i'll get back to you............he's close with The Don over there

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsOfTheRound View Post
                    From the Princeton Review

Undergraduate College Selectivity Ratings:

Boston College: 96
                    Boston University: 95

Not exactly a safety school.

And for what it's worth (which is absolutely nothing, but you know), I'm an MBA student. Selectivity ratings for the MBA programs.

Boston University: 94
                    Boston College: 92

Safety school indeed.
                    Shhh. We ignore graduate programs around here. It makes BC look bad.

Anyways: both games are going to OT. One will be low scoring, the other will be high scoring. Simple, really. This will be one of the more fabled weekends of regular season BU/BC rivalry in recent memory.

Or BC wins each by a dozen.

Comment

Starts at 7:30 on Friday. BC is 0-3 in games on CBS-College Sports, 10-1 otherwise

Comment

1). Fri- bc over bu 12-1. Sat bc over bu 6-5

2) both are safety schools. At least for me they were, so that's all that matters (being one who exhibits mookie centric behavior )

3) tony is married, right? Or getting.... I believe from reading neither he not Columbia joe were loaded- so he must be hung like a horse! Good for him

4) not going Saturday. Have a free hotel cert that expires next Thursday so I'm using it to let girl shop and take the kids swimming, then room service breakfast on Sunday morning.... So anyone wants two let me know
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by eagleh8er View Post
                          For those of us who went to BU, I believe that would be a 1 dollar hooker. I think he's trying to trick us with math.
                          What if it was originally a 4 dollar hooker but it's two dollars because it's Tuesday? WHAT NOW?!

Knew that math degree from BC would come in handy.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Scarlet have you seen a picture of Tony? The only female interaction he's having is of the on-line variety, so no need to spread around innuendos about the man.
                            I'm married. Argument fail

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              tony is married, right? Or getting.... I believe from reading neither he not Columbia joe were loaded- so he must be hung like a horse! Good for him
                              This is just good, quality posting. I'll need to rep you once I get back to work from lunch.

Forgive my lack of multi-quote. My phone doesn't let me do it.

Oh, and I got married October 8th.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                1). 4) not going Saturday. Have a free hotel cert that expires next Thursday so I'm using it to let girl shop and take the kids swimming, then room service breakfast on Sunday morning.... So anyone wants two let me know
                                I'd put in for the two as long as this isn't a joke where you print out fake tickets to send to me.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X