Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec 3?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post

One to ponder is the nice way to put it. Maybe York was trying to be funny?
    could be tired of hearing about how his team falls down all the time.. (of course, they do! but it would annoy me if i was the coach hearing it every time they play.)
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

BU is 4-1-1 on television, for what it's worth.

source: http://www.uscho.com/scoreboard/bost...key/2011-2012/
      #OneKnight

Comment

• Re: BU / BC Home and Home 12/2 - 12/3 Could we really be done with each other by Dec

What made York so hot when BU scored the empty-netter?
        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
          a bu guy musta dove
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Stupid question, but here goes: does anybody know if the RIVALRY WEEKEND basketball game between BU and NC is on TV? I assume no, right?
            #OneKnight

Comment

Answering my own question, its apparently on ESPN 3
              #OneKnight

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                I was wondering this too. Arnold, at the same time out on the ice, was pretty upset about something too. Anyone know what they were ****ed about?
                sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                  I was wondering this too. Arnold, at the same time out on the ice, was pretty upset about something too. Anyone know what they were ****ed about?
                  I think it was because they felt the ref got in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                    I think it was because they felt the ref got in the way.
                    No he didn't get in the way, he was positioned exactly where JP told him to be

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        How to skate your wing.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

The coaches roundtable shown between periods was odd. Parker and Gwodzdecky stated that college officiating suffers in comparison to the NHL, because the NHL has consistency; if you put your stick on a guy, it's a hook, if you take your hand off your stick and place it on an opponent's arm, it's a penalty. They said the college game has no such consistency. Everyone agreed. Dave Poulin spoke next and said the NHL has a problem because there are no standards regarding officiating. Was he not paying attention, or was his comment related to another topic that was edited in at that point?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
                            I will love so much to see the superfrauds CRYING! after we beat them.
                            Crying? Cue up that pic of the fanboys from Worcester a few years back...

Originally posted by Ruikka Task View Post
                            Come on now this BU team knows how to beat this BC team it's not the same squads as last year or the year before! We have their number and I'm seeing two BU hockey wins both 4-1 maybe 4-0 both nights
                            OK, first, I don't know if you were being serious, but now you look like a prophet. Having said that, you said this before the game. Beating a team once doesn't equate to having their number. Now, I don't know, going 4-0 against a team...then you can say that

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                            BC fans: You better get on Jake O'Brien at the bball game tomorrow. Dude went to BC High and then to BU. That's the cardinal sin to you people right?
                            Only if BC was interested. Didn't Mark Mullen go to BC High?

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                            That was the worst BU-BC game I've ever seen in my life. I think this trumps BC's 9-5 win last year. Bad refs (yes BC fans...that goal should have counted in my estimation), dirty play and diving, stupid play and passes. A gazzillion delays. It was like a 5 hour Red Sox-Yankee game. Millan was out of this world so then the BU skaters just stopped to watch? Way too many risky passes. Noonan is clueless. All those late penalties by BU? It was like they wanted BC to tie it up. Cisse has a nice goal and Hohmann scored on a nifty play. The rest was a bunch of bunk. I've never been this annoyed after a win in my life.

This kind of smacks of the 2006 season match ups. BC controls play but BU manages to scrape out a win.

Oh well. Hopefully tomorrow brings us better hockey and refereeing.
                            Agree with a lot of this. The only thing I'd say is on all the two minute PPs BC got, the impact was far less than a disallowed goal and bogus five minute major call which BU scored on. By no means am I saying BC lost because of that though. That can be attributed to leaving Milner out to dry in the first period. That was the difference in the game.

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                            What a horrible game to watch - took forever (poor CC/Denver fans).

From a BU fans perspective, the good news is that they played so badly that they know they have to change things up, and yet they were still able to take the two points. They should all be buying Millan his drinks for the next year.

BC really got the shaft on that non-goal. I hadn't heard the crease violation issue, but that can be the only way it isn't a total screw job for BC. I get the whole intent thing, but then why even look at the review? The puck was never really even covered up and the refs really shouldn't have lost sight of it.

I also thought the 5 minute major was a little over the top. The BU player was starting to turn away from the boards, and really only went back to facing the boards as he was being hit. I don't know the rules well enough to know if you can call a 2 minute penalty in that situation (boarding instead of HFB?), but I thought it would have been more appropriate. The reality is that in College Hockey, the players know how to get that call all day long. Rarely are they ever actually hurt, and yet the way they all fall to the ground you would think they won't walk again for days (BC returned the favor later, forget which of the 45 penalties on BU it was).

The only dive I saw was the one that was called for embellishment on Whitney (deserved in my opinion), but watching on non-HD TV, is a lot different than being on the bench.

I expect BC to come out flying again, and BU better find some discipline quickly, because they can't expect Millan to do the same thing.
                            Wasn't the BC player pushed into the crease? I'm fine with calling a dive on Whitney, what I'm not OK with is Parker starting this war of words after the game when Jerry York would never start something like that. Worry about your own freakin' team, Jack. Typical. I've seen BU dive just as much as any other team the last couple years and you don't hear one work from York. I know York had a rebuttal, but can you just imagine what Parker would say/do if it was York who initiated something like this?

Originally posted by bantam75 View Post
                            Because the diving/embellishment rule should be named the Nathan Gerbe infraction. And he learned from Gionta.
                            Yep. The best small players will always get hit with that description (well they have to be BC guys too obviously).

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                            The coaches roundtable shown between periods was odd. Parker and Gwodzdecky stated that college officiating suffers in comparison to the NHL, because the NHL has consistency; if you put your stick on a guy, it's a hook, if you take your hand off your stick and place it on an opponent's arm, it's a penalty. They said the college game has no such consistency. Everyone agreed. Dave Poulin spoke next and said the NHL has a problem because there are no standards regarding officiating. Was he not paying attention, or was his comment related to another topic that was edited in at that point?
                            NHL officiating is far superior to the buffoonery we see on a consistent basis in Hockey East. But, it's a higher level, so I guess that's to be expected.

Bottom line for BC: catchup hockey is losing hockey. They have nobody but themselves to blame for falling behind 3-0. The first period was the difference.

Now, one final thought. For any BU fans that might have seen this or for BU students that participated...

I have zero problems with you guys celebrating given how mediocre you've been the last couple years and given the fact you were 0 for the last 5 coming into this year against BC...BUT

The display I saw outside Conte with the "F em up" chant (with the students facing Conte as people are walking out) was flat out embarrassing.
                            Last edited by J.D.; 12-03-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Was that Hohmann's first? If so, couldn't have asked for an easier one...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Worry about your own freakin' team, Jack.
                                Then,
                                Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                For any BU fans that might have seen this or for BU students that participated...The display I saw outside Conte with the "F em up" chant (with the students facing Conte as people are walking out) was flat out embarrassing.
                                Physician, heal thyself!
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X