Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
    How about if he turned his shirt in?
    Pretty classy grabbing your crotch in front of those women.F'in drunk dope
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      Pretty classy grabbing your crotch in front of those women.F'in drunk dope
      the part 1 clip with him flipping them off is probably classier. There were plenty of drunk idiots on both sides as there are always. He was just dumb enough to get filmed Some gigantic a-hole from UMass wouldn't move from the aisle as I was trying to get to the top of a stair way to get a cool wide angle shot, and there was almost an incident (a security dude at the top of the stairs saw me force my way by and him get agitated, and stepped in before something happened...likely to me). Fun day of work!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        Never put much stock into +/-... It just doesn't mean much, unless the numbers are extreme, IMO.

The "eye-test" is probably more consisitently accurate.
        I'm with you, it's a stat that doesn't get taken into consideration as much as others. Because a guy stepping on the bench on a late switch when they get scored on gets screwed over,

Comment

Originally posted by MainePuck View Post
          Really? I think it is pretty reflective of your work in all 3 zones.

Ask Leen (-7) if he thinks his +/- has anything to do with his playing time lately. At the start of the year I thought he had the most potential offensively out of the freshmen. He has been in and out of the line-up and has the worst +/- on the team. I know Theo (-5) isn't far behind, but he is one of Whiteheads upper classmen binkys.
          it is like any other statistic, it can mean something, or it can be misleading.

I can remember some EXCELLENT D men who had bad plus minuses because they were ALWAYS used against the other teams' top line(s) and they were always on their own PPs... hard to get plusses when your most important job is preventing goals, and your second most important job cannot get you anything but a minus

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
            the part 1 clip with him flipping them off is probably classier. There were plenty of drunk idiots on both sides as there are always. He was just dumb enough to get filmed Some gigantic a-hole from UMass wouldn't move from the aisle as I was trying to get to the top of a stair way to get a cool wide angle shot, and there was almost an incident (a security dude at the top of the stairs saw me force my way by and him get agitated, and stepped in before something happened...likely to me). Fun day of work!
            In college at Babson a couple (million) years ago I was shooting a game and some a-hole 50 year old was smoking a stinky cigar right next to me. I couldn't move because I was in a sweet spot to shoot the game. Asking him politely to obey the law didn't work, so I reached out to grab it. He took offense and grabbed my by the throat as I'm trying not to drop my gear. His buddy tried to calm him down but the cops (who I all knew, but in a good way) were much more effective at ending the altercation and removing those two chuckleheads from the rink.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Say what you want about Timmay(and I have ), his teams have done well in the classroom, congrats to the team for their hard work off the ice

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...201201129tpft3

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Say what you want about Timmay(and I have ), his teams have done well in the classroom, congrats to the team for their hard work off the ice

http://www.goblackbears.com/sports/m...201201129tpft3
                yeah, but they're taking easy courses like mechanical engineering.
                sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                  it is like any other statistic, it can mean something, or it can be misleading.

I can remember some EXCELLENT D men who had bad plus minuses because they were ALWAYS used against the other teams' top line(s) and they were always on their own PPs... hard to get plusses when your most important job is preventing goals, and your second most important job cannot get you anything but a minus
                  ...And it's a case of one guy suffering / benefitting from the play of the other 11 guys on the ice when he happens to be there as well.

There's really no point in calculating that stat; it's right next to being meaningless.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-13-2012, 12:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    ...And it's a case of one guy suffering / benefitting from the play of the other 11 guys on the ice when he happens to be there as well.

There's really no point in calculating that stat; it's right next to being meaningless.
                    Plus minus does have a value, but it is relative to the base from which you are measuring it. Cornell has a higher +/- than most of the D, and is playing against top lines. O'Connor and Pryor are getting time against 3rd liners and have lower ratings...many folks on here would see that as reflective of the defensive ability of the players. Cornell is more stay at home, Pryor ios nominally an offensive D and O'Connor is some where between. Should we be surprised.? O'Neil has lowest rating and many would place him lower on D ability..... Nemec, stay at home, higher rating... If you look at NHL, highest +/- for Careers...Larry Robinson +730, Robert Gordon Orr +597, Ray Bourque + 528, Serge Savard and Denis Potvin, +460....BTW gretzky is 4th on the list @+518......so +/- is a reasonable measure of a defenceman's ability as a D

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      yeah, but they're taking easy courses like mechanical engineering.
                      is the Mech E one of the academic superstars as far as GPA?

Comment

Two thumbs way up! Coach Whitehead and our boys are making us proud!

Great job fellas. Keep up the excellent work.

Go Black Bears!

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          is the Mech E one of the academic superstars as far as GPA?
                          I would bet on it. He used to be deans list IIRC.

I just love having big pappy on ignore.
                          sure why not

Comment

Yeah, but you can still see him in your peripheral vision.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Once again, Maine putting the Rubber to Canata, first good shot on goal on Sully, 1-0 MC

Comment

Sullivan is no Cannata, but that was a much better scoring chance than anything Maine has generated, imo.

And so was that.

2-0 MC
                                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Working...
                                X