Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
    I'd imagine once game time gets closer, they'll be selling for dirt cheap on the street. I'd wait as long as possible. The UVM-UMass game will be a huge stinker anyways.
    That's not the only game that's going to stink.

It'll be a special event, but not like it's UNH v. Maine from 98 - 06 anymore. Down year for both teams.

Drew S - if it's like the last Frozen Fenway, regardless of open seats, security will check your ticket and you won't be able to move into better seats. Just a friendly heads up.
    I haven't been on here in a year...
    Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Who else thinks its a possibility that the boys are looking to Fenway and ignoring Vermont tomorrow night? I say Maine is in for a tough game against Vermont because of this possibility.?
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Who else thinks its a possibility that the boys are looking to Fenway and ignoring Vermont tomorrow night? I say Maine is in for a tough game against Vermont because of this possibility.?
        Could be....But Vermont is heading in that direction also come Saturday (Fenway bound v. UMass).

Comment

According to Flynn, Abbott, & Haggerty, that's not the case!

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/0...ainst-vermont/

Comment

Enjoying watching Jimmy, Gustav, & the Red Wings take on the Dallas Stars on NBCSN

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
              According to Flynn, Abbott, & Haggerty, that's not the case!

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/01/0...ainst-vermont/
              Hope I'm wrong, I'll be there to see either way

Comment

I think the BDN headline writer is stuck 10 years in the past. You don't get to have trap games when you're mediocre.

I take that back. You do . . . if you're the trap.
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Larry is semi-literate, and has been that way for 20+ years... That much is clear.

But, to be fair to him, how you gonna cover Maine hockey and gain access to the players and coaches, etc., if you call a spade a spade..? (You can bet your hind-end that Timmy would shut Larry out if the latter were to write what he truly thinks about the direction of the program.)

I wouldn't want Mahoney's job... He must toss and turn every Winter's night, trying to figure out how to spin a positive take on the ongoing decline in Orono. I'm guessing that we'll see a much more frank take on the Whitehead Era from him, once Tim is (finally) an Alfond memory.
                  Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-04-2012, 01:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                    Larry is semi-literate, and has been that way for 20+ years... That much is clear.

But, to be fair to him, how you gonna cover Maine hockey and gain access to the players and coaches, etc., if you call a spade a spade..? (You can bet your hind-end that Timmy would shut Larry out if the latter were to write what he truly thinks about the direction of the program.)

I wouldn't want Mahoney's job... He must toss and turn every Winter's night, trying to figure out how to spin a positive take on the ongoing decline in Orono. I'm guessing that we'll see a much more frank take on the Whitehead Era from him, once Tim is (finally) an Alfond memory.
                    Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                      I think the BDN headline writer is stuck 10 years in the past. You don't get to have trap games when you're mediocre.

I take that back. You do . . . if you're the trap.
                      Maine is ahead of Vermont in the standings, therefore possible trap game.

Comment

Well this is an interesting read because of the last paragraph. Perhaps a little foreshadowing of who the next coaching staff might be??? (Hopefully)

http://www.kjonline.com/sports/black...012-01-03.html

Comment

Maine is ahead of Vermont in the standings, therefore possible trap game.
                          I just have a different understanding of "trap." Anyone can look past anyone else at any time - I'm with you there.

I've always thought of a trap game as a situation where a good team can be brought down by a dangerous underdog. You have to be expected to win for there to be a trap. I root for Maine to win, but I never go into a game expecting them to win. Not any more.

If BC looks past Vermont before playing BU, that's a trap game. If Maine looks past Vermont and loses, well, then Maine just isn't very good. There's no trap. Mediocre is as mediocre does.

$.02
                          1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            I just have a different understanding of "trap." Anyone can look past anyone else at any time - I'm with you there.

I've always thought of a trap game as a situation where a good team can be brought down by a dangerous underdog. You have to be expected to win for there to be a trap. I root for Maine to win, but I never go into a game expecting them to win. Not any more.

If BC looks past Vermont before playing BU, that's a trap game. If Maine looks past Vermont and loses, well, then Maine just isn't very good. There's no trap. Mediocre is as mediocre does.

$.02
                            Makes sense, but in the recent past Maine has overlooked other bad teams so I see a possible issue with that tonight. Hope not but

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                              Enjoying watching Jimmy, Gustav, & the Red Wings take on the Dallas Stars on NBCSN
                              Despite just 9:38 of ice time Nyquist got his first NHL assist/point. Woo!

Comment

That was some of the ugliest hockey you'll ever see. if the Fenway games are like that you'll all be asleep by the end of the 1st. Maine was awful but I'm not sure their is word to describe Vermont, other than Madore they might be the worst team ever in HE. Maine shot the puck wide all night, Anthoine is turning into a player, Sully was good, Maine had some bad not move your feet penalties. A win is a win, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X