Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Falling revenue........it will be TIMMAY's undoing. Mark my words.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      +1

Talk about flaming the fire........TIMMAY is not only a bad coach........but he's also not quite as smart as I thought he was.
      yep. really, all he needed to, and should have said, was "I understand their frustration, I wish our record was better too. But we're working hard every day to improve, and the results will come if we keep working to eliminate mistakes and fine tune the systems". It's complete bullcrap of course, but that was all he needed to say. But instead he chose that opportunity to lash back at his detractors, in essence calling them not real fans, because to attack Tim Whitehead is to attack Maine hockey, for they are one and the same. .
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
        yep. really, all he needed to, and should have said, was "I understand their frustration, I wish our record was better too. But we're working hard every day to improve, and the results will come if we keep working to eliminate mistakes and fine tune the systems". It's complete bullcrap of course, but that was all he needed to say. But instead he chose that opportunity to lash back at his detractors, in essence calling them not real fans, because to attack Tim Whitehead is to attack Maine hockey, for they are one and the same. .
        That's OK.......they'll all be disguised as empty seats next season if he is still around.

Comment

That's OK.......they'll all be disguised as empty seats next season if he is still around.
          You could be right in lost of Season Ticket Holders & game to game ticket buyers...that is IF TW remains...bring in someone New and the Season Ticket sales will increase along with a few that are staying away will come back,keeping TW will only empty the Building.

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
            After all the gnashing of teeth and rending of clothng over what can only be seen as a poor start to the year, a few thoughts

Ghandi Whitehead is not going anywhere......and a while we may see some more flash and fire in response to the external pressure, he will be the same automaton behind the bench......the classic image is the little whiny smirk he had on his face when his best player got the hook last week on a phantom call.....

There is talent on the team, but it's not being allowed to reach potential by the lack of s system that takes advantage of their skills D could be physical, IF they were allowed to be an not playing on eggshells every time they stepped out there And how do you decide that Jake Rutt, a raw frosh, is a better point man on the PP than a guy like Heggerty......How do you decide that Pryor is the D you need against a physical team over O'Connor.....and let us not forget the great Mangene experiment, that at the end of the day, wasn't fair to the team or Matt....Forwards are not stellar after the top 4 -5 , but if you watched our forecheck and compared it with that of BU in the last debacle,....if you can skate and read the ice, you can be a real contibutor and wear the other guys down.....instead you have guys who seem to be happy to carousel around the ice for 45 and then get off....Goalies....Sully hasn't controlled a rebound in 3 years....and while I know he is working hard, last week he looked like a giant tortoise tyring to get off his back,,,,,at one point he was actually facing the net when the puck was in the slot.....Marty is a raw talent that needs full time help....Columbus saw something,,,,yet at UM, we are not getting the development that should be coming from a draft pick.....goalies do take time to mature....but they also need guidance...and remote control doesn't seem to be working. Corkum has to be allowed to be more than a gateopener...Kereluke...recruiting aint it, so not sure what he brings.......These are good, talented commited kids....they, and we as fans, deserve a coach that gets the 100% out of them...even if that 100% isn't what it was back in the day......and with his Mr Rodgers approach, Gahndi isn't getting it done....let's hope Santa brings him a set of grapes , along with a wake up call.....
            quite possibly the best post on here EVER.
            I would not be surprised if FINALLY Forsyth-Pro1Disp-Priceless-93Champs is actually contributing the way I knew he (you?) could

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
              You could be right in lost of Season Ticket Holders & game to game ticket buyers...that is IF TW remains...bring in someone New and the Season Ticket sales will increase along with a few that are staying away will come back,keeping TW will only empty the Building.
              perhaps I will send them a picture of the stuff I bought with the money that they WOULD HAVE HAD, had Timmy been shown the door.

everyone do the same... show them what you bought with the money you WOULD HAVE sent to UMaine

Comment

+1

Talk about flaming the fire........TIMMAY is not only a bad coach........but he's also not quite as smart as I thought he was.
                anyone who has ever dealt one-on-one with him already knows what a great guy and a class act he is.... now you are seeing it

Comment

On a different note...BU Hockey took a real HIT this week with Corey Trivino (kicked off the team) and with Charlie Coyle jumping ship to join Saint John's of the QMJHL....that has to hurt BU going into the New Year...they'll still be a tough team but they will miss these two players.

Comment

Timmy hasn't lost a top 6 forward in the middle of the season. I guess we can hang out hat on that.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                    43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                    104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                    3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                      On a different note...BU Hockey took a real HIT this week with Corey Trivino (kicked off the team) and with Charlie Coyle jumping ship to join Saint John's of the QMJHL....that has to hurt BU going into the New Year...they'll still be a tough team but they will miss these two players.
                      Wowser! Hadn't heard about Coyle. Those are arguably their two best players. That will definitely hurt them, even given the depth they have.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                        Timmy hasn't lost a top 6 forward in the middle of the season. I guess we can hang out hat on that.

Timmay can't recruit any to come here that's why.
                        When you say Tim Whitehead, You haven't said much!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
                          quite possibly the best post on here EVER.
                          I would not be surprised if FINALLY Forsyth-Pro1Disp-Priceless-93Champs is actually contributing the way I knew he (you?) could
                          Not any of those folks but thanks none the less...just a fan who loves the game, played at a high enough level to appreciate the talent and work....and feel ghandi is mailing it in......

Comment

Pick up your cyring towels you wimpy Maine fans and head over to the BU thread and take some free cheapshots at the derrieres.
                            sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              Pick up your cyring towels you wimpy Maine fans and head over to the BU thread and take some free cheapshots at the derrieres.
                              If they lose half their team, Timmay would figure out a way to lose to them
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Falling revenue........it will be TIMMAY's undoing. Mark my words.
                                ...And it should be.

Let's not kid ourselves: Maine hockey is in business to win games and to make money, just as are hundreds of various NCAA programs out there that help pay the bills for the money-losing programs of their respective universities. It's a bottom-line deal.

Having said that, it certainly follows that TW is no longer a productive employee, and ought to be dismissed as soon as it's financially feasible to do so. Simple as that.

Tim has been paid, what, $1.5 million over his tenure..? Time for Maine to cut its losses.
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-17-2011, 01:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X