Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
    With a resurgent men's basketball team (Edwards is the REAL deal!) playing Notre Dame tonight and football in the quarterfinals vs. Georgia Southern on Saturday........who woulda thunk that a hockey game vs. BU would be relegated to 3rd place on the UMaine sports weekend highlight list???...........
    I thought we dropped hockey?

Comment

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      With a resurgent men's basketball team (Edwards is the REAL deal!) playing Notre Dame tonight and football in the quarterfinals vs. Georgia Southern on Saturday........who woulda thunk that a hockey game vs. BU would be relegated to 3rd place on the UMaine sports weekend highlight list???...........
      Are they televising Saturday's football game? Wouldn't mind catching part or all of it if we make it up there in time.

Comment

Maine men's hoops played Notre Dame down to the wire tonight........fun team to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Dustin Penner?
          Always think of him as more a beefy guy who creates his own space than a "hands" guy, but he's certainly under consideration.

Comment

ESPN 3 appears to be the only option, but it's a pretty good feed, and the price is right.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
              while coaches, in fact, are on the game sheet, they are not considered rostered players... so while I agree Corkum would be the best player.... he does not count.

who were you thinking of?
              O'Connor? Abbott would be my top O and top overall, and O'Connor would be my top D.
              None of the 3 goalies would be the best, in my opinion.... and certainly not othe best player
              O'Connor is best D???? .based upon what measures?

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                Always think of him as more a beefy guy who creates his own space than a "hands" guy, but he's certainly under consideration.
                He had/has great hands
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Penner's issue isn't his hands. The best quote ever, the Kings GM on Penner:

“Dustin is at the crossroads of his career,” Lombardi wrote in an email to Sporting News. “He can choose to use his athletic ability to either become a dominant power forward in the National Hockey League or be a dominant number four hitter for the El Cid Lounge in a men’s softball league — the choice is his.”

Comment

Originally posted by BearNecessity View Post
                    O'Connor is best D???? .based upon what measures?
                    none that whitehead cares about.

skating, balance, taking the body, getting the puck on net, covering the other half of the ice when his partner is trapped... you know defense

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      Are they televising Saturday's football game? Wouldn't mind catching part or all of it if we make it up there in time.
                      There is a bar in downtown Bangor called Hero's. Its in the Penobscot Plaza and I heard that they had the game on last week so I'd believe that they'd carry this weekends as well? If they do, it will be crowded. I've been there to see a few Pat's games and game four of the SCF last year. It was loud and fun, no doubt because the preferred teams were doing well.

Oh yeah, BU wins 7-3. Maine blows
                      Last edited by chripy; 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM. Reason: don't put put the flaming bag of poop out w/ your boot, Ted

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post
                        There is a bar in downtown Bangor called Hero's. Its in the Penobscot Plaza and I heard that they had the game on last week so I'd believe that they'd carry this weekends as well? If they do, it will be crowded. I've been there to see a few Pat's games and game four of the SCF last year. It was loud and fun, no doubt because the preferred teams were doing well.

I believe some have the option of watching this game on Pay Per View? Interesting to note that App. State beat Ga. Southern earlier this season.

Comment

Originally posted by chripy View Post

If this happens, life won't be good for Timmay over the break, fans will go insane. Remember their is supposed to be a demonstration Saturday night of disgruntled fans. We'll see how many show up

Comment

so there are almost no score update threads for Maine anymore... and SHOCKINGLY, there is no game thread for Satan's annual visit to the Alfond.

thought for the day... you know Whitehead is a crappy coach when Jackie does not drop a dime, turning him in because of loaned out trucks and pudding servings.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              If this happens, life won't be good for Timmay over the break, fans will go insane. Remember their is supposed to be a demonstration Saturday night of disgruntled fans. We'll see how many show up
                              Where is this demonstration going to be?
                              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                                Where is this demonstration going to be?
                                Outside of Alfond I assume?

http://www.facebook.com/events/123586517752456/
                                Last edited by walrus; 12-09-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X