Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UMaine, 2011-2012 season thread, does anyone care anymore?

Originally posted by '93,'99,?? View Post
    Tell me they don't have as good a chance at the 4th slot as NU, UNH, Prov, or even Lowell?
    You know the program is completely in the toilet when this is the question.

Comment

Shocked this vid didn't get more discussion. I watched the whole thing -- its 16 mins, so its a little long, but definitely thought out by a big fan of the program who doesn't want timmay time anymore.

Did anyone else watch it?

Comment

Is it my imagination or does our top line this year seem even better than last years? I almost think Tanner House was a weak link and Flynne at center makes them better, even without Gus. I'm sure you all recall that Nyquist was somewhat quiet in the goalscoring dept until later in the year, last year. Abbott is playing unconscious right now.
        Abbott is definitely the best offensive player on the team. In the same neighborhood as Gus, IMO.

I remember an especially dismal weekend in Amherst at the end of his freshman year. Maine was stinking the place up in general, and Spence was the lone Bear on the ice those two nights who looked like a guy who would fit in on one of "your daddy's Maine teams", to borrow Wally's intellectual property. He has steadily improved since then, and that isn't necessarily typical of guys who play for Tim.

It's been fun to watch him rack up 102 points on mediocre teams, and I don't see anyone in Blue who's gonna replace his hands next year; not by a country mile. If he can gain a little strength and speed, I think he could land an NHL job, too... I expect that he'll be a standout at the AHL level, at the very least.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
          Shocked this vid didn't get more discussion. I watched the whole thing -- its 16 mins, so its a little long, but definitely thought out by a big fan of the program who doesn't want timmay time anymore.

Probably a lot of us watched it until we ran out of patience; it was just way too slow-paced. (Cripe, my grammy read to me faster than that when I was 2!!!) And, of course, it's just what we've all been saying about the program for a few years now.

This is not a morality play, though...It's clearly all about the money, on both sides of the coin. Nobody outside of Tim's friends and family think he's the man for the job, but he draws a nice paycheck, win, lose or draw, so who can blame him for hanging in there?

We might as well do a little more ice-fishing than usual this winter, and bring along a few extra bottles of schnappes. I seriously doubt that Tim will be gone before his contract expires.

Comment

A MORE CONDENSED, AD-FREE VERSION OF THE PRESENTATION! Take One and Pass It on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBQ0g95ncow

GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

We might as well do a little more ice-fishing than usual this winter, and bring along a few extra bottles of schnappes. I seriously doubt that Tim will be gone before his contract expires.
              The only ice around here is in Alfond, 50 degrees doesn't make for drilling holes
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Tell me they don't have as good a chance at the 4th slot as NU, UNH, Prov, or even Lowell?
                I'd leave Lowell out, they spanked Maine twice in Alfond, the other 3 maybe. Lowell has a goalie so they have a chance in any game, Maine used to be like that

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post

Where ya been for the last 5 years? All the stuff on the video has been discussed over and over again on here(besides the bs on ND's economy)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                    I'd leave Lowell out, they spanked Maine twice in Alfond, the other 3 maybe. Lowell has a goalie so they have a chance in any game, Maine used to be like that
                    I wouldn't, it was the worst we have played this year. We can bounce back, but it will come down to goaltending and Carr has been on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                      We can bounce back, but it will come down to goaltending and Carr has been on fire.
                      If thats the case, when was the last time Maine had a goaltender on fire? Ben Bishop 5 years ago. Lowell is already 2 games up on Maine because of those wins. Maine will not catch Lowell

Comment

Sullivan has been very solid of late. He's come up with the big saves when needed and been the difference. Many big saves against Clarkson and the first vt game. Didn't see the second game.

Comment

When's the last time Maine had a guy on the World Junior roster?

Comment

Glad to see you're dreaming high.

Thing is, to catch Lowell, either Lowell has to go in the tank a bit, or maine has to steal a couple extra wins against the likes of BC, BU, UNH and the Mack. I can see them maybe getting 1 win against each of them, but winning the season series? Especially after they've already lost one already to three of those teams.
                            Last edited by rufus; 12-06-2011, 02:43 PM.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                              When's the last time Maine had a guy on the World Junior roster?
                              Gotta think it was the year of Moore/Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                                Abbott is definitely the best offensive player on the team. In the same neighborhood as Gus, IMO.
                                No...he's just not. Not that Abbott is bad but Gus was special. Abbott's in the same neighborhood as like Leveille not Nyquist.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Working...
                                X