Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Works"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Works"

No rash predictions or torpid analyses. Just looking forward to a nice weekend in South Bend. Studebaker Museum and maybe a couple of hockey games. Let the game thread begin.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Re: Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Wo

We got nothing to lose, play like it.
    Go Huskies!
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Re: Notheastern at Notre Dame: "Hey, Goliath. Let me Show You How this Slingshot Wo

Making the trip as well, looking forward to seeing the new arena and the campus, hoping for 2 close games where we keep up our good play as of late
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

The ND fan in me is scared of the Irish not being able to solve Rawlings.
        The NU fan in me is terrified of Tynan and Lee.

I'm not going to be able to be really happy with any outcome in this series.
        Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
          what about an even split?
          GO NU!
          --------------------------------------------------
          2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
          2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

Originally posted by Craig P. View Post
            The ND fan in me is scared of the Irish not being able to solve Rawlings.
            The NU fan in me is terrified of Tynan and Lee.

Will you be making the trek north? I don't believe you've seen the new digs.
            "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
              what about an even split?
              No, an even split would not be a good result for ND. (It would be fine for NU.)

ND-wise, I could live with 3 out of 4 points. Maybe that would be OK for NU, too. I'd still feel like it wasn't right for me to be happy about NU going 0-1-1 in a weekend, though.

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
              Will you be making the trek north? I don't believe you've seen the new digs.
              No, I will not. I'm vaguely plotting that I'd like to try to get up sometime in Jan/Feb, but I'm not sure how to swing it schedule-wise. I would probably have to come in Friday night and do everything on a Saturday, as my time off situation will only be marginally better next year (sans having to take two days for defending and one for graduation, but potentially adding another day off for racing) than this year.
              Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
              Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Probably unrealistic to expect ND to get swept in its new digs in front of its own crowd but, considering the way NU has played over the last two weekends, a split is not too much to expect (assuming, of course, that the "good" Rawlings shows up).

Comment

Funny thread title.

That is all.
                  Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                    Probably unrealistic to expect ND to get swept in its new digs in front of its own crowd but, considering the way NU has played over the last two weekends, a split is not too much to expect (assuming, of course, that the "good" Rawlings shows up).

You have to think that ND will play to Win and NU will have to show up to compete.
                    ND is not sitting in the Rankings because they take teams lightly. IF NU stays out of the Box,
                    and does find the Power Play to connect , that will be huge in the weekend outcome. However
                    The NU Huskies should play with pride in the New ND Arena and enjoy the weekend..

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey it's only a Game View Post
                      IF NU...does find the Power Play to connect , that will be huge in the weekend outcome.
                      I think your "IF" doesn't need to be capitalized. More accurately, IF Notre Dame can manage to kill off a penalty...

Here's the box from our last game
                      "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                        I think your "IF" doesn't need to be capitalized. More accurately, IF Notre Dame can manage to kill off a penalty...

Here's the box from our last game
                        I'm pretty sure it was right the first time. Let's just call that LSSU game an anomaly.

NU has only gotten more than one PP goal in a game once this season (unless you count that Exhibition loss to that Canadian school), and that was against a team with one of the worst PK units in the country.

Prior to your game against LSSU:

Notre Dame Penalty Kill - 43-of-49 - 87.75%

As of this past weekend:
                        Northeastern Power Play - 5-of-53 - 9.4%
                        On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                        If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Just wondering, any key injuries for either team?

Comment

Originally posted by Split-N View Post
                            Just wondering, any key injuries for either team?
                            Not sure about ND, but McLaughlin has missed the past couple games after getting injured in Providence. I'm not sure what his status for this weekend is. I don't think there are any other injuries for the Huskies though.

Comment

ND Fans:

Looks like you can watch the game via the Notre Dame athletics website. Is this right? If so, is there a charge to watch the game online?

Thanks in advance.
                              Dog House Class of 2003

"Puh Pah Playoffs!...You talk about playoffs?... You kiddin' me? Playoffs?"

55-622-73-35-418, I'm on FIRE!

Comment

Working...
                              X