Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
    at least I have hair.

boom-shaka-laka
    The reports of the death of my hair are greatly exaggerated. (c) Mark Twain or something. Maybe Ben Franklin.

You get your Hoveround yet?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The reports of the death of my hair are greatly exaggerated. (c) Mark Twain or something. Maybe Ben Franklin.

You get your Hoveround yet?
      you, you, I'll shake my walker at you!
      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

you, you, I'll shake my walker at you!
        You know what? Get off my lawn! Don't bother coming to MN. Give us the 4 pts, and kittens will not be burned.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

You know what? Get off my lawn! Don't bother coming to MN. Give us the 4 pts, and kittens will not be burned.
          well, I'm not coming, so there! I'm saving it for the frozen four. **** rodents, Gophers AND Badgers!
          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

well, I'm not coming, so there! I'm saving it for the frozen four. **** rodents, Gophers AND Badgers!
            Well, that stinks. You better make the F5 either this year or next though. After that, the magic is gone.

Comment

Well, that stinks. You better make the F5 either this year or next though. After that, the magic is gone.
              the Huskies better make it!
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

You know we outplayed them significantly in the first period and we were just unlucky that it was tied, and I think it affected us later. I think if you score two like that and play as well as we did you expect to be up. Kind of reminds me of one of the Bemidji games.

Plus our guys got tired in the third it seemed to me, we were walking zombies at times and we didn't play as well late in the game as we did early. We just did not get good chances late, instead we let them create and it hurt us.I think if we had forced them to react to us defensively it limits their ability to do those offensive things. That shift right after their 4th goal was huge, that's when you have to bear down and we were just too tired to do it.
                So yes it's closing out games, but it's playing well when you are tired and playing in a way that makes them use energy and not vica versa.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So how about those face washing calls? That the rule book states should be 5.. Good work there by the zebras.

Gotta agree on the puck hogging... There are times when they just need to pass. But I'm glad that we are in a position to have someone skilled enough to puck hog for a change
                  MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Badgers aren't rodents, FWIW.
                    the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Badgers aren't rodents, FWIW.
                      oh c'mon. next you'll try to say wolverines arent rodents either.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

The Mel Pearson show is already posted for those that missed it. Wes and crew are getting a lot better at posting it pretty quickly.

Edit: I see of course we dropped out of the Top 20, basically down to 27th

Notes from Mel Pearson show:
                        Haven't practiced 5x3 much, but did this past week and looked good, maybe relaxed too much in game
                        Both PP units have different systems
                        Still need to learn to win close games
                        Need to manage the puck better in the 3rd period
                        Maybe a little fatigue in the 3rd on Saturday

Kicked in goal - Fri was frustrating, word was that he did kick it, but kicked it into Josh, and Josh's arm knocked the puck in
                        Mel felt it hit Josh and it just went it
                        The initial call was waived off, there needs to be substatial evidence to change, Mel didnt' like the interpretation

How is the team compared to where you thought we'd be at this time:
                        Have to get better in some areas, experience and learning how to win is still a big issue
                        Mel would like a few more wins
                        Keven Pates of Duluth Tribune pointed out to Mel, last time after 14 games Tech was above .500 was '84-85

Will Chad Pietila be available for GLI:
                        yes, may not be in game shape
                        He'll add some offense and experience to our team
                        Dirk - Will he play in GLI? Hard to say, depends how team does in next three games

Is rivalry with NMU the same as when Mel played?
                        More intense now, as it was a new rivalry at that time, NMU started in '76.

Why more penalties overall this weekend?
                        Hard play, for the most part happy with our team, did get a little undisciplined Sat.

Should Jimmy Davis have played juniors?
                        No, he's doing well, Mel probably should've played him Sat this weekend.
                        We're bringing him along slower than maybe we should.
                        Hard to adjust to playign D in college hockey.

Minnesota up next:
                        Probably more talent on team than Duluth
                        Looking forward to playing another good team
                        Mariucci is a great college rink
                        UMD/Min very similar, talented good skating forwards, good goaltending
                        Tommy Brown eligable to play, so he'll be back, hard decisions on who to take with us
                        Reminder Sat game is 9PM ET
                        Great opportunity to show we can go on road and beat a good hockey team
                        Last edited by mtu_huskies; 12-05-2011, 12:04 PM.

Comment

There is a rivalry between NMU and MTU? Pretty sure the last time this series was relevant (from the Northern side) was 2006. I know as a fan I tried to keep the rivalry alive longer, but there just isn't anything there. NMU looks as it as a crappy NC matchup where we want to leave with a W and no one injured. MTU pays a little extra to have the ambulance circle the arena with the siren because "there will be blood inside."

I refuse to give any respect to a program who's top player award is given to whoever "maimes" a player of a nearby university who isn't in the same conference.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            MTU pays a little extra to have the ambulance circle the arena with the siren because "there will be blood inside."

I refuse to give any respect to a program who's top player award is given to whoever "maimes" a player of a nearby university who isn't in the same conference.
                            Huh?

The only things I can recall being "maimed" in the last five years are Teslak's knee, Jordan Foote's dignity, and Brian Stewart's credibility.

Comment

You may want to run a fact checker over that statement.
                              Besides, how can you be down on MTU? We got you back into the WCHA and saved you from going independant like UAH. You've seen how well that worked out for them...

Ryan J
                              Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 12-05-2011, 12:32 PM. Reason: Fade is faster than me...
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

There is a rivalry between NMU and MTU? Pretty sure the last time this series was relevant (from the Northern side) was 2006. I know as a fan I tried to keep the rivalry alive longer, but there just isn't anything there. NMU looks as it as a crappy NC matchup where we want to leave with a W and no one injured. MTU pays a little extra to have the ambulance circle the arena with the siren because "there will be blood inside."

What is this all about? Are we still angry about getting beat last year? And who maimed a player or drew blood in the arena or whatever?
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X