Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
    The big thing is that all 8 games left are against teams that are in reach or are in reach of them. Tech controls their own destiny here and must win series if they want to collect home ice. There is no help to be counted on anymore. It's win, or not be home for the playoffs.
    Sure, there's no help to be counted on, but they might get some anyway. Here's the remaining series for the teams near Tech in the standings:

Colorado College: at Bemidji State, Nebraska–Omaha, at Minnesota–Duluth, Michigan Tech
    Denver: Minnesota, at Wisconsin, North Dakota, Minnesota State,
    Nebraska–Omaha: at Michigan Tech, at Colorado College, Minnesota, Denver
    North Dakota: at Minnesota–Duluth, Michigan Tech, at Denver, Minnesota State
    St. Cloud State: Alaska–Anchorage, at Michigan Tech, Minnesota–Duluth

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      A funny thing is technically we're still in the running for the MacNaughton, not that I'm drinking that much kool-aid, but usually we disqualify ourselves by Christmas.
      Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Uh, MacNaughton? MacNaughton?! You kiddin' me?! MacNaughton?! I just hope we can get home ice!
      Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
      I'm just pointing out a fact. Like I said I'm not drinking that much kool-aid, I don't expect it to happen and it would take a down right miracle of both Minnesota and Duluth rolling over and playing dead for starters.
      I think the best "f* you" Tech could give to all the B1G and NaCHo schools would be for us to recapture the MacNaughton in its last year of full contention. "Thank you, we'll just collect what's ours right now."
      Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
      I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
      Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

A tall order this year or next. Remember UND had some defections and some injuries to key players this year, and I think overall the top teams are not as good this year as they might ordinarily be. Certainly winning it would be fantastic. Whether it's at our rink or away it's looking to me like we will play either UNO or St cloud this year, with und an outside chance.I think our chances at home are a lot better.
        Here's another question, will the students be on break around that time?
        MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Amidst all the speculation of home ice, I'd like to point out one thing that is for certain. WE CANNOT FINISH LAST!

http://www.playoffstatus.com/wchahoc...standings.html

Comment

let's bring home some winter carnival hardware!!
            Originally posted by mtu_huskies
            "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
            Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
            Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Chuck Norris is afraid of Mel Pearson
              Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Chuck Norris, Clint Eastwood and Mel Pearson walk into a biker bar. a brawl breaks out. who gets hurt the least?

Mel Pearson. Chuck and Clint were well coached.

(props to the mister)
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

The Mel Pearson show:

Real good trip for us looking at big picture of 2 road trips in a row, 2-1-1
                  UMD is good, MSU has been playing well
                  A lot of work to do on consitency, like our Offense, PP, PK has been pretty good
                  Poor start again on Friday, done that 2 of last 4 games
                  Made some poor decisions with the puck to give up some goals, need communication with the puck
                  We're playing better without puck, need to made good decisions with the puck though
                  David Johnstone can shoot the puck, has a lot of confidence on the PP
                  We were looking to get to the net and create some redirects, 2nd/3rd goal on Friday were redirects
                  Real good 2nd period
                  3rd period - took a penalty right away, we outplayed them, but gave up a couple

Sat:
                  One of those nights everything that went in. They did all the little things you need to do to score goals.
                  Gave up first goal, but bounced back right away.
                  Reddick everyday in practice does a lot of good thigns, good skill/can skate, good shot, score more than anyoen in practice, have to do it a game, now has some confidence and seeing those skills in the game
                  One player with best game overall: Dirk - Furne Mel - we acknowledge a few guys after the game, Ryan was one of them, Ryan's best game, working hard, good back check

Standing:
                  Tech tied for 5th, Mel's excited, team wants home ice
                  We're right in the thick of it, this is where we want to be with only 4 weeks left
                  We control our destiny playing all the teams around us, UND, SCSU, UNO, CC
                  Our players are excited

Questions:

One Call in question:
                  Asked about reviews for goals, seems like it's more often, and the amount of time it's taking.
                  It's taking them quite a bit of time to review. Sat. McLeod had the puck, dropped it and hit it in. They took a long time to review if he had is hand around the puck and if he got stick on it. The league has mandated that if there's any question they can go review and make sure they get it right.

McCadden, will it be difficult for him to stay in lineup?
                  Not sure if Gordic will be ready. Patrick scored a big goal, happy for him, he had a good weekend. It gives us some depth. We'll see how practice goes this week.

Our the players getting tired legs, will you make any changes?
                  It's a long grind, we've been on the ice since Sept. This time of year Mel backs off practice and weightlifting. This week might give some guys time off on Monday. Need to be carefull how hard you push guys.

Mel thinks sleep patterns are big, we didn't get back until late Sunday morning last week. Guys struggled Monday, even Wed. This time they took some time coming back to keep a good sleep pattern. (My addition: The TV guys on Sat said Tech was staying in Eau Claire that night)

UNO coming to town for the first time:
                  It's a huge weekend, we've talked alot about taking advantage of our home ice
                  Mel said right away there can't be any easy points in Houghton
                  We put ourselves in a good position, need to take advantage of it
                  Game times: 7:07, 5:07
                  It's been 23 years since Mel's been involved with Carnival, Mel remebers the hockey games and a packed rink

Question for ticket giveaway:
                  Tech scored 7 goals against Mankato, name the other school Tech has scored 7 goals against? - Denver - a Pietila lady won

Very exciting week, it'll be a long week, need to temper emotions and be ready to go Friday. It'll be a great atmosphere at the Mac.

Blueline luncheon will be on Saturday at noon. Dirk likes it. Mel does and doesn't. It's tough, depending how things go. Mel always enjoys speaking with fans.

Comment

Perhaps a bit lost in the shuffle is that with at least 10 games to play (including the minimum of two conference playoff games), and despite his otherwise slightly above average numbers, Robinson is one shutout shy of joining Teslak and Warden for the program record for shutouts in a single season.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                      let's bring home some winter carnival hardware!!
                      This is going to be an awesome hockey weekend. Best ever until the home playoffs roll around. We need to get MacInnes Diehard all up in here with all his pasty love and whatnot, and we need Twitch Boy to make a properly baseless prediction.
                      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Huskiefan906 View Post
                        Just cannot say enough about the job that Coach Pearson, his staff - Billy Muckalt/Damon Whitten, and this amazing group of players has done.
                        Now as we enter the true home stretch, who would imagine that a top 3 finish is in reach should Tech really get hot and takeout those closest to them. A hot streak now will allow them to put even more pressure on those above.
                        Not getting too excited, but it looks very feasible to finish higher than Denver this year. Isn't that cool.
                        Awesome job by the entire hockey team at Tech!

I cannot wait to see how the final 4 series pan out.
                        What a team!!! I fill so good for all the maligning that has taken place over the years.
                        How great it is to give these players credit for being **** good hockey players!
                        Go Huskies!
                        It sure does make a huge difference having healthy hockey players and being able to fill out an entire line chart all season long with no blank spots.
                        Former President of Mitch's Misfits, 2005-2008

"The fans are what makes college hockey so great." - Casey Borer

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                          stuff about ice hockey.
                          THAT'S what I'm talkin about.
                          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanEgirl View Post
                            It sure does make a huge difference having healthy hockey players and being able to fill out an entire line chart all season long with no blank spots.
                            Did you see this midget: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....8665/linkorama discussion of Jamie Russell.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              Did you see this midget: http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog....8665/linkorama discussion of Jamie Russell.
                              Jamie who?

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                Jamie who?
                                The guy that put this team together...
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X