Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech just doesn't have the skill it seems to get the puck, out from along the boards and in the corners, to the front of the net.
    I disagree. It is will, drive, ice awareness and determination. Skill doesn't necessarily enter the equation into any of that. Personal will power, work ethic, and strength however have everything to do with it.

The lack of use of the points and the slot area against State was more of the issue. Tech could have had 45 grade-A shot on goal opportunities as opposed to 8 grade-A opps on 45 shots.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Originally posted by HuskyNation View Post
      I disagree. It is will, drive, ice awareness and determination. Skill doesn't necessarily enter the equation into any of that. Personal will power, work ethic, and strength however have everything to do with it.

The lack of use of the points and the slot area against State was more of the issue. Tech could have had 45 grade-A shot on goal opportunities as opposed to 8 grade-A opps on 45 shots.
      I'm looking at the bright side here... a tech team with enough puck possession to get 45 in a game is a good thing! That itself is something I'm glad to see.
      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Once again:

I'd happily take 2-36-0 if the two wins came at GLI.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Shoot, so close to tieing it up too. Of course we'd need some luck to beat BC but we didn't get it with that no goal.

Mel's postgame thoughts:
          We got better as game went on
          Took early penalty, and it put us on our heals
          Proud of a our hockey team,
          Tough to have the call go against us,
          Went toe to toe with #3 ranked hockey team
          Didn't get a lot of puck luck, carried some play in the 3rd
          Sure Josh would like to have the 2nd goal back
          Feel bad for the guys, they put in a gutsy effort, no clear shot of no goal

Comment

Le sigh, yet another GLI fail. 32 years of them and counting...

They need a crying smilie here, now is the perfect time to use it.
            2005-2006: 7-25-6
            2006-2007: 18-17-5
            2007-2008: 14-20-5
            2008-2009: 6-25-7
            2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

pass the prozac. its a sad day for Tech fans.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I feel our winning season slipping away. I sure hope the recruiting is going well. Would someone who was at the games tell us what the mood was like at the arena?
                "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                Abe Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                  I feel our winning season slipping away. I sure hope the recruiting is going well. Would someone who was at the games tell us what the mood was like at the arena?

The whole place was rooting for Tech and came undone with the tying goal. The refs were thoroughly boo'd. Air of disappointment from there out..

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    pass the prozac. its a sad day for Tech fans.
                    Too much koolaid means a hangover!
                    tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

when Mel Pearson looks in a mirror does he see Jamie Russell?
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        when Mel Pearson looks in a mirror does he see Jamie Russell?
                        Funny you should ask. Sounds like Jamie is still pretty bitter about getting fired.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Funny you should ask. Sounds like Jamie is still pretty bitter about getting fired.
                          Care to expound?

Comment

a lot of positive tonight. they played a lot better without the puck and jordan baker backchecked hard enough to catch his man just as he got the puck 20 ft in front of our net and stopped hm from shooting. Yahoo!

also the defense, which has been giving up a lot of odd man rushes did not give up a single one to a very good team. Our new line combinations are doing better. The Johnstone's played better and so did chad and blake. I liked rix also. So I think they learned a lot and continue to get better and though they didn't win tonight they will win some games against tough competition the second half. It was tough to lose but they are better than they were for sure.
                            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                              Care to expound?
                              What he said. Is the sarcastic directed at posters or at Jamie? (Or The Institution?)

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                              a lot of positive tonight. they played a lot better without the puck and jordan baker backchecked hard enough to catch his man just as he got the puck 20 ft in front of our net and stopped hm from shooting. Yahoo!

also the defense, which has been giving up a lot of odd man rushes did not give up a single one to a very good team. Our new line combinations are doing better. The Johnstone's played better and so did chad and blake. I liked rix also. So I think they learned a lot and continue to get better and though they didn't win tonight they will win some games against tough competition the second half. It was tough to lose but they are better than they were for sure.
                              Good to hear. Even Mel was careful not to promise miracles this year, however much we want to see them. He has a lot of losing to go before he sees his first NCAA team in Houghton, which makes sense - take a look at Blais' experience in Omaha for something comparable.
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

• Originally posted by Beer Pong Horn View Post
                                What he said. Is the sarcastic directed at posters or at Jamie? (Or The Institution?)

Good to hear. Even Mel was careful not to promise miracles this year, however much we want to see them. He has a lot of losing to go before he sees his first NCAA team in Houghton, which makes sense - take a look at Blais' experience in Omaha for something comparable.
                                Speaking of Blais... There is a massive fail right now.. Not even making the medal round...
                                MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Working...
                                X