Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwagon.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Don't look now but Michigan Tech is now the holder of the WCHA belt!
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 2011-12 Season Thread, Part II: You're gonna need a bigger bandwago

Chris Conner just scored his first goal as a Red Wing. Trying a hard pass to the net gets deflected by a defender's skate and finds the back of the net.

Comment

Chris Conner scored his first goal as wing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
          Don't look now but Michigan Tech is now the holder of the WCHA belt!
          We should dye it gold while we have the chance.
          Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
          *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

You know over the last few years these nchc schools have done enough lying to condemn Faust. I'm with fade, we will have a good conference and the other guys can get lost. Personally the fans who won't pay to see bad competition are going to get... ta da... bad competition.

BTW Paris was great. You should go HF.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

I'm so ready for Paris!
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

we will have a good conference! and I think NMU LSSU Ferris will put more butts in our seats than CC and DU. I guess I'm still ****ed at the sneaky underhanded way it was done. EVERY founding member plotting to leave (Minnesota and Wisconsin excepted). and how they just assumed Notre Dame would be onboard.
                sorry I know I need to move on. would love to see a journalist do the FOIA with UND and DU.
                Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Self-destruct in 5...4...3...2...

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                    I think NMU LSSU Ferris will put more butts in our seats than CC and DU.
                    Northern and LSSU for sure.

I wasn't able to catch the game; looks like we imploded in the third period. Mel needs to stress strong finishes on a consistent basis.

Comment

we did not move our feet, and so we were using the stick and off balance and got our hats handed to us. Our breakout was a lot like last year, in fact the second and third reminded me a lot of last year, repeatedly turning the puck over at our own blue line. Still, minny is good and we have to consider the weekend a success. Our play in the third the last couple of weeks concerns me though. Can't lose composure because we get slashed.

Comment

we fell apart but it was still tied in the third. the fights and ugliness was no doubt frustration on our guys part. its ok with me. shows they care. they aren't afraid of the big teams and think they should be able to play with them. split on the road against #2 in the nation. yeah I like that!
                        Boosh Factor 4

Comment

That part of the weekend that makes me most proud was not actually Fridays's win, but rather the moment at the end of the game when Pearson told the Tech players to go out to center ice and set up the hand shake line inspite of the refs telling both teams to get off the ice and go straight to the locker rooms. Those type of things make me proud to be a fan of the Huskies and a Tech grad.

Go Tech,
                          Ryan J
                          Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                          https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                          Originally posted by geezer
                          Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                          Originally posted by manurespreader
                          ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            That part of the weekend that makes me most proud was not actually Fridays's win, but rather the moment at the end of the game when Pearson told the Tech players to go out to center ice and set up the hand shake line inspite of the refs telling both teams to get off the ice and go straight to the locker rooms. Those type of things make me proud to be a fan of the Huskies and a Tech grad.

Go Tech,
                            Ryan J
                            Agreed. tMel's koolaid is still tasty half-way through the year. Great to see a class act like that.

Sure the 3rd sucked, but dang... we went in Maricucci and took 2 points. I'm happy with that. And we're right where we need to be for home ice, something that can't be said for the last few years...
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                              yet another reason to hate the NaCHos and St Cloud:
                              http://www.sctimes.com/article/20111...ockey-shake-up
                              Interesting read... SCSU is peeved that they thought they were saving the WCHA with North Dakota, while North Dakota was already made plans to leave the WCHA. Then SCSU is sooo upset about being treated like that, they turn around and do the same thing to the other WCHA members. If that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

The article also references many donors and fans who said they wouldn't attend games if SCSU wasn't in a good conference. How many tickets do you think you sold to visiting fans who drove over from Bemidji, Minneapolis, Mankato, etc? Do you think Denver, CC, Miami, Western, etc are bringing their fans to your building and spending money in your town? Ummm, I'm going with - No.

Eh, whatever. I've attended my last game in St Cloud.
                              Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

This game with nmu on friday will be big for us.
                                Also I think other teams to do what minny did tonight. Press hard on the forecheck, try to force turnovers, play very physical.I thought the special teams were a step better this week than last and that is really good, though we took too many penalties.

Comment

Working...
                                X