Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PrimeLink Chatter-Midd, NU, PSU, and EC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PrimeLink Chatter-Midd, NU, PSU, and EC.....

Blanket tending aside, any comments on the games/teams?
    Go 'Wick!

Re: PrimeLink Chatter-Midd, NU, PSU, and EC.....

The way the Panthers handled Bowdoin points to a great game with Elmira and Norwich vs. Plassburgh will be a very good game. I suspect the Cards will come out flying with something to prove against the Cadets.
    Cadet Crosby '63

Comment

Originally posted by CROSBYNU63 View Post
      The way the Panthers handled Bowdoin points to a great game with Elmira and Norwich vs. Plassburgh will be a very good game. I suspect the Cards will come out flying with something to prove against the Cadets.
      I doubt Emma will admit it.....but last years still has a sour taste in his mouth. He mentioned it at the begining of the year and Im sure the players still have it fresh.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Just reading over my PrimeLink press kit and found a little bit of interesting news:

This is the last year of the current six-year contract between the three host schools and PrimeLink. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes come next year to the tournament in the new contract. (assuming it is continuing...haven't heard anything to point to it not happening)
        The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
        "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
        GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
        GO LAKERS!!!
        GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
        "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
        Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
          Just reading over my PrimeLink press kit and found a little bit of interesting news:

This is the last year of the current six-year contract between the three host schools and PrimeLink. Will be interesting to see if there are any changes come next year to the tournament in the new contract. (assuming it is continuing...haven't heard anything to point to it not happening)
          Purple and Gold on a permanent basis?
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Some of you local Norwich folks better contact WDEV...they just announced that the Primelink is being hosted at Plattsbugh with Platty v Midd and Norwich v Elmira opening night???????????
            D-III Game Pics @ http://www.willcimages.com

Friends of Panther Hockey

Comment

not sure if I should move this to the now defunkkked whiny Oz thread ....BUT we want in.....this tourny, I dont care how ya do it Prez .....JUST DO IT

Comment

It looks like this years tournament could go to any of the four teams, maybe more so than any year before with such a loaded field of all ranked teams. My pick is for Norwich to take it but it won't be easy, Middlebury already looks better than last year with a pretty impressive rout of Bowdoin and will have home Ice advantage (if that will even apply to this tournament field). Plattsburgh has to be looking to defend it's title but it won't be easy with a first round game against the number one team in the nation. And then there's Elmira which really makes this the most impressive field to date, The Eagles have been doing well as usual since a pair of opening losses to Oswego and look ready to take on the host. It is going to be a great tournament and is really up for grabs possibly more than ever as each team could easily beat each other on any given night.

Fun Fact: The last six champions have rotated in the same order; 2005-Middlebury, 2006-Norwich, 2007-Plattsburgh, 2008-Middlebury, 2009-Norwich, 2010-Plattsburgh
                Based on this Middlebury should be the Champion but of course this is merely a fun fact and is in no way definite
                Oswego Class of '11

2012-13 ECAC-West Pick-Em' Runner-up
                2013-14 Last Person Standing Third Place
                2014-15 National D-III Pick'Em Runner-up

Oswego State Lakers
                D-III National Champs 2007
                SUNYAC Champions: 1980-82, 1984, 1989, 1991, 2003, 2010, 2013, 2014
                NCAA D-III Frozen Four: 1987, 2003, 2007, 2010-14

Comment

Not sure how EC will fare on the wider surface, but their team speed will be an interesting match up to watch. Looking forward to putting some faces with the names this weekend. Best places to eat in and around M'bury?

Comment

A west team will be the 4th team next year. Sounds like original format is the same.

Comment

Some of you local Norwich folks better contact WDEV...they just announced that the Primelink is being hosted at Plattsbugh with Platty v Midd and Norwich v Elmira opening night???????????
                      Cadet Crosby also pointed this out ... don't know what happened but the correct site and schedule have been sent to Waterbury ...

I saw that in the press release too ... I could swear there was an announcement at one of the tournament luncheons ... I think last year in the Burgh ... that they had reached agreement on a lengthy extension of the tournament ... weird.

Comment

Best places to eat in and around M'bury?
                        Try Fire and Ice ... just a short walk from the center of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                          A west team will be the 4th team next year. Sounds like original format is the same.
                          Who is the west team?
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                            Who is the west team?
                            He wouldnt say...just that they were looking at a western team. Didnt sould like anyone had officially signed
                            Remy Babineaux
                            remyb616@gmail.com
                            D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PuckVoice View Post
                              Try Fire and Ice ... just a short walk from the center of town.
                              I've heard good things about that. Might have to try that myself as well. Should we try and put together a poster's meet and greet on Friday night at one of the local pubs?
                              GO LAKERS!!!
                              Oswego State '09

Comment

Working...
                              X